Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

They knew millions wouldn't be able to keep their insurance

USUFBUSUFB Senior MemberPosts: 830 Senior Member
According to Yahoo News they've known for at least three years.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-administration-knew-millions-wouldn-t-be-able-to-keep-insurance--report-222249311.html

Not sure if the link will work, but the article is on Yahoo's main page right now.

Some selected lowlights, for your reading displeasure

"According to NBC News, approximately 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million Americans who buy their health insurance individually should expect to receive a cancellation letter over the next year "because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law."

"The Affordable Care Act states that people who had health insurance prior to March 23, 2010... will be able to keep those policies even if they don't meet the requirements of the new law. However, [HHS] tightened that provision, so that "if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date -- the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example -- the policy would not be grandfathered."

Obama lied. I'm as shocked as you are.

At work, we have meetings with HR people scheduled for next week. According to one of our senior HR managers who I've spoken to, "there will be changes." I can't wait. :angry::angry:

Oh, and she used to work in the health insurance industry and local politics, so she knows what she's talking about.
Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
NRA Life Member

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    "Liar Liar Pants On Fire" comes to mind. They made it sound too good to be true when they were selling it and guess what, like any scam it was.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I came to the conclusion a long time before the 2008 election that the Democrat Party platform was "lie and deceive, then deny and shift blame."

So, the only surprise, here, for me, is that there are still people around, five years later, who claim to be shocked when any new 'revelation' is reported. What I am truly shocked by is the lack of interest from the folks who voted for Democrats, many of whom will be hurt the worst by this cluster****.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    When I read this, it made something that recently happened to me a little more clear.
    I had my Blue Cross Blue Shield policy for about 13 years and had paid it a little late on occasion but it was no big deal. I paid it 10 days late last month (they always had a 30 day grace period) and when I went to pay it, the website gave me a number to call. When I called the number, it turned out to be an underwriter who informed me that my policy had been canceled and would have to be restarted like a new account. I spent three hours on the phone re-opening a new account and my rates are the same but the only difference that I can see is that I now have a new account rather than a 13 year old account. The underwriter told me that any BCBS acounts that are even a day past due are being canceled and rewritten due to some new government guidlines after Oct 1st. Care to guess what went into effect on Oct 1st?
    I guess that I would suggest that everyone make their policy payments on time if they don't want to be forced towards obama care. I was told that my account is in effect but the payment hasn't been taken out of my bank account yet so I'm not sure.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,807 Senior Member
    The reason that all these people are being cancelled, is because if one iota of your current policy is changed, it won't qualify for "grandfathering" as Ovomit promised over the last three years. According to a government report that was given on the "Kelly File" last night, this loophole result was known all along, but that Ovomit and the Demonrats have lied about it. "Single Payer" here we come, if this legislation can't be reversed.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!