Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

CHP checkpoint...

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
While cops were looking for this cretin:

article-0-18FDA1ED00000578-517_306x423.jpg


The CHP was pulling this at the checkpoints:

CHIPS_zps253fb71e.jpg



I realize it is a tall order, but these dicks need to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. I mean the guy in the car really looks like a shaved head, tattooed, Mexican gangster.



http://www.ktvu.com/ap/ap/general/suspect-in-northern-calif-standoff-surrenders/pz32W/

http://www.news10.net/news/article/262129/2/Roseville-standoff-suspect-facing-7-attempted-murder-charges?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod


«1

Replies

  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,339 Senior Member
    Actually, the guy on the other side of the car looks like John Candy....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Actually, the guy on the other side of the car looks like John Candy....

    Lard butt looks like he ate too much CANDY :rotflmao::rotflmao:

    Eric Estrada wouldn't need no stinkin AR fer a checkpoint :buff:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    So what did this bad Hombre do?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 862 Senior Member
    Wow, I think the look on the drivers face says it all, If that was me there might be another officer wounded, I would come pretty close to throwing all my toys if someone did that to me. How does identify your target factor in here?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    waipapa13 wrote: »
    If that was me there might be another officer wounded, I would come pretty close to throwing all my toys if someone did that to me. How does identify your target factor in here?


    You would win that one for sure.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That first link locked up my computer- - - -had to hit the power button to back out of it! Didn't try the second one!
    Jerry
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,562 Senior Member
    I'm trying to imagine what the guy could have said that the officer would take as justification for pointing a rifle at him..................I got nothin'.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    I'm trying to imagine what the guy could have said that the officer would take as justification for pointing a rifle at him..................I got nothin'.

    After reading a couple different accounts of the event, it seems the CHP thugs were treating everyone in this manner. Because he was photographed, the man above gets to win his lawsuit.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    After reading a couple different accounts of the event, it seems the CHP thugs were treating everyone in this manner. Because he was photographed, the man above gets to win his lawsuit.

    Ah... I dunno... that photo looks very posed to me. It has excellent framing and good exposure and the resolution is high. And the guy in the car seems to be taking it all too easily. Does the actual caption say that this is a random motorist?

    If I had to analyze that photo, I'd say that it was staged by the cops, who wrongly wanted to show the "correct" way these stops and checks do down, and instead ended up with a very threatening photo like that poor Cuban kid a few years ago.

    Not that such waving around doesn't actually occur. But this photo? It looks staged to me.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    It's California. Who cares? I wrote California, Illinois, Connecticut, Maryland, New York and a half dozen other "states" off a long time ago. In a republic, citizens get the government they deserve. Anybody who ever voted for any Democrat, for any office, at any time in his life, automatically BEGGED and DEMANDED by default, to be treated like the man in this photo. BTW, by that vote, you also asked for, and received, high unemployment, a collapsing economy, unlimited national debt, weak and ineffective foreign policy, a gutted defense department, high taxes, high gas and food prices, socialized healthcare, widespread bureaucratic corruption, and so forth. Gotta give Democrats credit - when they promise tyranny, poverty, and "decline and fall," THEY DELIVER IN SPADES.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Ah... I dunno... that photo looks very posed to me. It has excellent framing and good exposure and the resolution is high. And the guy in the car seems to be taking it all too easily. Does the actual caption say that this is a random motorist?

    If I had to analyze that photo, I'd say that it was staged by the cops, who wrongly wanted to show the "correct" way these stops and checks do down, and instead ended up with a very threatening photo like that poor Cuban kid a few years ago.

    Not that such waving around doesn't actually occur. But this photo? It looks staged to me.


    I pulled the photo from this link:

    http://www.ktvu.com/ap/ap/general/suspect-in-northern-calif-standoff-surrenders/pz32W/
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Ah... I dunno... that photo looks very posed to me. It has excellent framing and good exposure and the resolution is high. And the guy in the car seems to be taking it all too easily. Does the actual caption say that this is a random motorist?

    If I had to analyze that photo, I'd say that it was staged by the cops, who wrongly wanted to show the "correct" way these stops and checks do down, and instead ended up with a very threatening photo like that poor Cuban kid a few years ago.

    Not that such waving around doesn't actually occur. But this photo? It looks staged to me.


    I disagree, the dude in the car looks (to me) like he's plenty pissed, but resigned to his situation. In any case, what could he do that doesn't land him in a morgue? The cop has his finger ridiculously far off the trigger, almost as if he's demonstrating "See, the rifle may be pointed in your face, but my finger is WAY off the trigger".
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I disagree, the dude in the car looks (to me) like he's plenty pissed, but resigned to his situation.

    You're probably correct, but I just had a feel that the photo is too well framed and exposed to be candid. Most candid (snapshot type) photos are off-center framed, over or underexposed, the composition abrupt. Here in this pic, it looks to me (and I'm probably wrong) that the pic is a setup, and example staged by the cops to show us how to behave with an AR is stuck in our face.

    Understand, I'm not saying that the story or the stops aren't genuine and that they may be excessive. I just have doubts about whether the photo is chance or posed.

    I've had a fair amount of experience with news photos (taken at a crime scene or any other sort of newspaper story) but that's in my distant past and not a big decider. So, anybody here who's done candid (news style) photography, evaluate the photo please and tell whether it does or doesn't seem staged? Thanks.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Sam, camera technology has come along way. Hell, there is a cell phone on the market now that has a camera boasting 42 megapixles. Not to mention plenty of freelance guys will keep a decent camera in their back seat for situations just like this one.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,339 Senior Member
    Sam, camera technology has come along way. Hell, there is a cell phone on the market now that has a camera boasting 42 megapixles. Not to mention plenty of freelance guys will keep a decent camera in their back seat for situations just like this one.

    This...add to that editing functions that can turn a sloppy, spur-of-the-moment snapshot into a really good photograph
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Ah... I dunno... that photo looks very posed to me. It has excellent framing and good exposure and the resolution is high. And the guy in the car seems to be taking it all too easily.

    That's because that guy is one cold cucumber, and cold as ice.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    This...add to that editing functions that can turn a sloppy, spur-of-the-moment snapshot into a really good photograph

    Well, you can tweak images but you can't add detail that isn't there. But still, what Sir says is probably correct, the photog just happened to get a great image at the right time.

    Regardless whether the photo was posed, the behavior of the LEOs is way over the top. That much is definite.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    That's because that guy is one cold cucumber, and cold as ice.

    I am aware of a continuing trend for you to wish to quote my postings and place them in high esteem. If you're applying for acolyte or catamite status, my membership signup site is currently down and being revamped. However if you simply send me $20 cash I'll be happy to add you to the adoring acolyte waiting list. Tentative admission to the catamite subgroup however, should the requisite full body cavity search results prove promising, is yet another matter.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    That's because that guy is one cold cucumber, and cold as ice.


    :beer: :worthy:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    :beer: :worthy:

    Ah! Yet another acolyte or catamite sign-up (category to be determined). Please send your $20 right away to get the membership card.

    It is soooo wonderful to be accorded this much personalized attention from the eager applicants who are just lining up nearly every day for acolyte/catamite status.

    Please keep checking the website. Soon we'll be offering first chances at a life membership!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    ..... my membership signup site is currently down and being revamped.

    Not the same techo wizards that did our last upgrade/back up/unplug/reboot/debug thing, I hope old chap?:p
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Dang, another obscure word Sam....So I wonder if catamites lived in the Dolomites :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:



    catamite - Definition [kat-uh-mahyt]
    (n.) Boy or youth who is in a sexual relationship with a man
    Source: Dictionary.com
    A catamite is the term used to refer to the younger, passive partner in a pederastic relationship between a man and a boy. In other terms, it is a boy who submits to a sexual relationship with a man.
    Q&A Related to "What Is a Catamite"
    what is a catamite?

    He is the younger partner in a pederastic relationship between two males, which was a popular

    http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-a-catamite
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Dang, another obscure word Sam....

    I did try to gloss over that, but you had to go there.:tooth:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,872 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Dang, another obscure word Sam....So I wonder if catamites lived in the Dolomites :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:



    catamite - Definition [kat-uh-mahyt]
    ( what is a catamite?

    http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-a-catamite

    :nono:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey, you gotta watch ole Sam, you may be the butt (no pun intended or maybe in this case :tooth:) of one of his jokes/words and not even know it :yikes:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Hey, you gotta watch ole Sam, you may be the butt (no pun intended or maybe in this case :tooth:) of one of his jokes/words and not even know it :yikes:

    It's those 15 shillings note [ $2 note] words, they get you all the time.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    It's those 15 shillings note [ $2 note] words, they get you all the time.

    :spittingcoffee: Yep. Those $2, 15 shillings words used to be pretty good. Now with the dictionary a few key clicks away, they aren't worth so much any more. Devalued by the WWW, as it were. Kind of like shooting rabbits with a .375 H&H Magnum; just isn't cost effective.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Devalued by the WWW, as it were.

    The local pub quiz died like that, unless you have a TSA type search beforehand
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    I thought Catamite was a bread spread?????
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    Not the same techo wizards that did our last upgrade/back up/unplug/reboot/debug thing, I hope old chap?:p

    No. I hired that top ranked firm that Michelle Obama recommended -- look what a great job they did on the Healthcare site!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement