Home Main Category Clubhouse

Medical Marijuana and firearm ownership/purchasing

5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior MemberPosts: 3,923 Senior Member
So Riddle me this and post links to viable sources if you know. What if you obtain a Medical Marijuana Card JUST TO GROW FOR PATIENTS, and don't use it yourself (the product).......are you still prohibited from purchasing or even owning a firearm? I know 4473 asks if you're an illegal user or addict (would be pretty dumb to say yes on that........but it's the Gooberment, so a dumb question is SOP).

I've started searching online and see nothing but blogs but haven't hit up the BATFE site yet, even posted the question on facebook for a response, but I figured someone here would know already.

I'm just curious about the laws, I have no intention of growing or using.....however it could be a source of income if one want's to waste their time on the horticulture. The way I see it, what's the difference in farming for a dispensary VS growing corn for the Gooberment for fuel?
God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,292 Senior Member
    This :that:

Regardless of the state law...possession and manufacturing are still a Federal beef.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Ok, thanks Paul and Scott..........next question..........do the Feds have access to state registry of said MMC holders? Would it show up on a NICS search on your backgound check?
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Steve, keep in mind, all the medical marijuana cards and such are STATE sponsored, the prohibition on growing and the 4473 are FEDERAL. The fed's position on weed hasn't changed

Aaahhh.....but the 4473 only ask if you are a user, not a grower.......I know cultivation is a Federal offense.......but the form doesn't ask that.
    Feds are laying off Washington and Colorado for now, but still can play their trump card with the BATFE is they wanted to. Some cities in CO have kicked out the legalization like Grand Junction.......but we Front Range Liberals and Libertarians call that our bible belt since they're close to U-TAAAAH!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up.........guess Teach and I filled up the box pretty quick a couple of days ago. Emptying it now. Gimme 5 and send a message.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "You can lead a horticulture- - - - -but you can't make her think!"
    Unknown
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• hawk18hawk18 Senior Member OrygunPosts: 742 Senior Member
    That was big news around here then. (Jackson County, OR.) It reminded me of the old Vern Miller days in Kansas. "If it's a law, enforce it. If you're not going to enforce it, get rid of it." Only, without the aspirations of being Governor.

Winter, and his staff, is very friendly to concealed carry applicants. And now, other citizens in other counties in Oregon have legal precidence if their officials are less friendly.

Hawk
    CaliFFL wrote: »

It's sad that the Supreme court wouldn't hear the case and set a precedent one way or the other, and clear up the muddy water........maybe they're trying to say it's a state issue, this is were state and federal law clash.