Home Main Category Clubhouse

Well, since I started the "Favorite Christmas song" thread... You least favorite??

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 22,202 Senior Member
My absolute least favorite "common" Christmas song is José Feliciano's Feliz Navidad As someone said in my "favorites" thread (Bullsi1911 I believe), "That song makes me want to punch TWO elves"

Yesterday, while driving down to check on granddaughter and babysit the boys, I heard one that would give it a run for its money if it was played on more stations.
Allow me to introduce you to "Domonick The Italian Christmas Donkey" :vomit:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    Grandma got run over by a reindeer
    Feliz Naviblah
    "Mary Did You Know" by most anyone other than Mark Lowry and the Gaither Vocal Band.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,617 Senior Member
    "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Blue Christmas" make me want to scream....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,623 Senior Member
    Pretty sure I made my disdain for "The Little Drummer Boy" and "JIngle Bell Rock" made clear on the other thread, so I'll make sure to post them here as well.

Dominick the Donkey is not a Christmas Song. I refuse to believe that
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Do They Know it's Christmas - Band AIDS
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,089 Senior Member
    I like Domonick, too. The morning show on a local radio station has been playing it this time of year for a lot time. Cracks me up.....
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Grandma got run over, top of the chart,
    Nonstop 24/7 Christmas music too.
    Any rock & roll style Christmas music.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    All of them.

Same here. I can't think of a single Christmas song I enjoy hearing.

Edit: I now have "Jingle Bell Rock" stuck in my head. Damn.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 743 Senior Member
    "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" has got to be my least favorite with "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" a close second.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    Pretty much anything that's not a traditional Christmas song, done in the traditional way, some country versions are ok.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Dominick the donkey and All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,753 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    All of them.

Pretty much. December 26 is one of my favorite days of the year - it's a far away as you can possibly get from the onset of the next Christmas sheep stampede.

Edit to add: Deck the Halls, Away in a Manger, and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas are especially grating - -or possibly that's due to getting this year's first exposure. You can get annual shots to prevent the flu - why not one for Christmas music?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • ddrillerddriller Member Posts: 77 Member
    Christmas shoes,Grandma got run over by a reindeer, side 2 of Grandma got run over by a reindeer-Percy the puny poinsetta(had a friend who bought the 45), the one about Maria and the bird with the broken wing
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,595 Senior Member
    I truly hope that was both the first, and the last time I ever hear Dominic the Donkey. I'd rather have 3 teeth pulled, than to go through that again...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,202 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    I truly hope that was both the first, and the last time I ever hear Dominic the Donkey. I'd rather have 3 teeth pulled, than to go through that again...
    I understand COMPLETELY
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,088 Senior Member
    Santa Baby! If I could just get through one season without hearing that obscene piece of garbage. Blue Christmas and Lennon's "And so this is Christmas" wouldn't be far behind.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
    I forgot about "Santa Baby!". There was a reason for that...

The December Belly Dance showcase that I always attend - either to perform or just to watch - always has at least one kitschy dance performance to this song. Sometimes its even cute, but usually is pretty bad...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,753 Senior Member
    I just heard Elvis Presley's Blue Christmas this afternoon for the first time this year. I'd forgotten what a true cheese-grater to the central nervous system that one is!
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Anything Elvis Presley did is a cheese grater to the brain! Not a fan...

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,403 Senior Member

Dick Mango is the worst skit on the Bob & Tom show, but since Tom does them and he's the producer they play them all......the.....freakin....time!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    *THAT* was kinda cute!

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,088 Senior Member
    I like that one!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    Dogs barking Jingle Bells.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I love the great baroque and classical religious carols, performed with a full orchestra and chorus, and I like the humorous irreverent songs like Sarah Palin shooting reindeer, Grandma getting run over and Walking around in women's underwear, but I positively hate all the secular Christmas songs like White Christmas, Jingle Bells, and so on. They're so sickly sweet I get cavities just listening to them.
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    "Little Drummer Boy" Yuk!