Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Gun confiscation notices are being sent out in NYC

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 8,150 Senior Member
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/27/the-gun-confiscation-notice-nyc-resident-reportedly-received-will-likely-send-chills-down-your-spine/

Remember kids: gun registration is nothing to worry about. The only people who have to worry about it are those who are doing something wrong. Anyone who thinks we're out to take your guns away is just being paranoid.

Yep.
Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    ROFLMAO - in a republic, the people get the government they deserve! Don't think it can't happen in your state or city? Just stay home on election day, or don't vote for Republicans. Your notice is in the mail! Enjoy.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,403 Senior Member
    Registration inevitably leads to confiscation. Anybody paying attention to history knows this. The last century is littered with millions of bodies where registration lead to confiscation, which lead to millions of unarmed people slaughtered. Time for 'Merica to wake up and shake it up.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,720 Senior Member
    :yikes:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,150 Senior Member
    I love how they literally list the exact guns this poor sap registered and have the "illicit features" - in this case, an over-the-NY-limit mag capacity - listed right there on the turn-it-in slip. I don't know what's scarier, the fact that this is actually happening, the fact that the liberals honestly think this is a GOOD thing, or the fact that some of them really think gun owners who against paranoid really are just being paranoid.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,403 Senior Member
    I seriously doubt the owners are being compensated monetarily for their property. In legal terms, that would be theft by taking. The ones carrying out the confiscations are then armed robbers, by definition. Armed robbers that come to steal your property should be terminated with extreme prejudice. At least that's how I see it.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,150 Senior Member
    Looking at the actual letter they show, it appears the owner of the dangerous, scary Ruger 10/22 or similar assault-type weapon that can hold more than 5 round has several options ranging from turning it in to police, to providing a utility bill of a residence outside of NYC where the gun will be stored, to having a license gunsmith permanently modify the gun so it is no longer deemed offensive. At any rate, it's clear that the registration/confiscation path has not changed one bit over the years.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "Molon Labe!" - - - - -oh yeah- - - - -these are Noo Yawkwers- - - - -eunuchs!
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    New York gun laws have sucked hind teat since 1911, Sullivan Act and only gotten worse. :mad::mad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_Act

"The Sullivan Act, also known as the Sullivan Law, is a gun control law in New York State. Upon first passage, the Sullivan Act required licenses for New Yorkers to possess firearms small enough to be concealed. Possession of such firearms without a license was a misdemeanor, and carrying them was a felony. The possession or carrying of weapons such as brass knuckles, sandbags, blackjacks, bludgeons or bombs was a felony, as was possessing or carrying a dagger, "dangerous knife" or razor "with intent to use the same unlawfully". Named for its primary legislative sponsor, state senator Timothy Sullivan, a notoriously corrupt Tammany Hall politician, it dates to 1911, and is still in force, making it one of the older existing gun control laws in the United States."
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    ROFLMAO - in a republic, the people get the government they deserve! Don't think it can't happen in your state or city? Just stay home on election day, or don't vote for Republicans. Your notice is in the mail! Enjoy.

Nonsense.

(hypothetical) ...Your state just voted 51/49 to outlaw firearms. YOU lose. You get the government YOU deserve. (we can care less how you voted)

Quit being childish and quit writing off the freedom loving citizens who continue the fight no matter what state they/we live in. With your logic the fight is already lost. You might as well turn em in. Nuff said.
  • ArtemisArtemis Member Posts: 124 Member
    The question is, are these confiscation notices actually enforceable or lawful? I live in the UK and it really p*sses me off that this is happening to you guys.
    Why can't the 'anti gun lobby' all go and live in one designated gun free state and leave the shooting fraternity to enjoy their sport in peace...
    Who I am and What I do - artemissawfly.wordpress.com
    Where to find me - https://www.facebook.com/artemisengineering.uk
    What I'm doing right now on Indiegogo.com - Artemis Sawfly Sporting Rifle
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member

You are confusing a Republic with a Democracy.

In a Republic, rights are supposed to be off limits to the gov't. Republicans and Democrats alike have all but forgotten this. Democrats target the Second Amendment, while Republicans chopped away at the Fourth. Neither are very fond of the First.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

CaliFFL wrote: »
    You are confusing a Republic with a Democracy.

In a Republic, rights are supposed to be off limits to the gov't. Republicans and Democrats alike have all but forgotten this. Democrats target the Second Amendment, while Republicans chopped away at the Fourth. Neither are very fond of the First.

Exactly.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Yada, yada, yada. I'm glad you're so easily soothed by rationalizations. Feeling good now that you're back in denial? I didn't confuse a republic with a democracy. Not one bit. We live in a republic. And yes, in a republic rights are supposed to be off limits to the government, and so what? All it takes to regulate your rights away is a convenient interpretation by a stacked court. And if the Democrats win in 2014 and again in 2016, that stacked court is in the bag. A done deal. In fact, it won't just be a stacked Supreme Court, but stacked appellate courts as well. The 9th Circuit will be no different than any other if the Democrats get their way. All our courts will be stacked with Alinsky radicals. They already changed Senate rules to start making that happen now.

We are 1 Supreme Court Justice away from flushing Miller and Heller and every other pro-gun ruling right down the drain. And when they're finished gutting the Constitution, they will proclaim that your Bill of Rights is fully intact. And there won't be a darn thing you can do about it. All it took to gut the 4th Amendment was to focus on what 'unreasonable' search and seizure means. In war time, everything is reasonable. Voila, the 4th Amendment was field-dressed right before our very eyes. It will be the same with the 2nd. Chief Justice John Roberts literally changed and redefined Obamacare to make it legal, and now it's legal.

If you intend to rely on what's supposed to be to secure your liberty, you're in a dream world. But there is something you can do. In fact, there's a lot you can do. You can VOTE REPUBLICAN. Open up that checkbook and support the candidates that have a real chance to defeat Democrats. And for crying out loud, stop making the "perfect" the enemy of the "good." Perfect candidates don't exist, but lots of good ones do, and they're a lot better than bad candidates.

By not voting, or throwing your vote away when it could be cast to defeat Democratic party totalitarians, it is YOU who is being childish and... writing off the freedom loving citizens who continue the fight no matter what state they/we live in. With your ...misguided actions and inactions... the fight is already lost. You might as well turn em in. Nuff said.

But then you might actually want that confiscation notice from your state or city. Just keep on keeping on, and it's in the mail. Bank on it.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
    Chief Justice John Roberts literally changed and redefined Obamacare to make it legal, and now it's legal.

(laughing) ...yep, voting republican sure worked well with that one didn't it.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    (laughing) ...yep, voting republican sure worked well with that one didn't it.

laugh all you want but that one was unforeseen by anyone and he should be impeached for it along with the other members of the SCOTUS that voted with him. With an Obama/Hillary appointee, there wold be no doubt.

But it will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Will the sheep that registered them disarm themselves? Or will many of them do nothing to see what happens. What about when the first 3am raid with an MRAP happens to a stock broker? What will the others do then? Turn then in sheep-like?
    Will the NRA sue? Will they?
    It all remains to be seen. But in my view this is a test case for the Feds. If they do try to seize them, look for it to be a well selected victim. One ill suited to fight in our justice for money system.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    It all remains to be seen. But in my view this is a test case for the Feds. If they do try to seize them, look for it to be a well selected victim. One ill suited to fight in our justice for money system.

No argument from me. That is precisely why I don't put any trust into any political party ...including republicans. IMO both political parties have nothing but a vehement hatred for this country and the original Tenets that were intended and designed to keep us free.
  • jigbonejigbone Member Posts: 182 Member
    By not voting, or throwing your vote away when it could be cast to defeat Democratic party totalitarians, it is YOU who is being childish and... writing off the freedom loving citizens who continue the fight no matter what state they/we live in. With your ...misguided actions and inactions... the fight is already lost. You might as well turn em in. Nuff said.

I agree with 90% of your post, but that last part I have to take issue with. I think if even half of the people who say they're fed up with both Republicans and Democrats would vote for a third party, then that third party could be a force to be reckoned with. The idea that, "we have a two party system, it can't be changed, that's the way it is, just deal with it" to me is a defeatist mentality. We could still turn things around as a nation, I believe that with all my being. It sure wouldn't be easy, but it ain't impossible either. But it's not going to happen while we've got Republicans who no longer vote according to their core principles.
    ATF should not be a government agency, it should be a discount store.
    :usa:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,683 Senior Member
    jigbone wrote: »
    I agree with 90% of your post, but that last part I have to take issue with. I think if even half of the people who say they're fed up with both Republicans and Democrats would vote for a third party, then that third party could be a force to be reckoned with. The idea that, "we have a two party system, it can't be changed, that's the way it is, just deal with it" to me is a defeatist mentality.
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 156 Member
    Back in the 1990s when they banned "Assault weapons" in NYC and sent out notices to all owners to turn them in. One was sent to a man who had moved to another state out west. He sent the NYPD a rather nasty letter on what they could do with there law. he later found out that a group of NYPDs finest stormed the house he used to live in. Luckily no one was shot.