Home Main Category Hunting

Pig Bomb!

Fat BillyFat Billy Senior MemberAtlanta GaPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
If you have an hour to spend spend (waist) on what is going on with wild pigs. Much study and no much shooting but interesting if you're needing something to do. If you have Net Flix check it out: http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70288525&trkid=7852267
Oh yeah beer and popcorn is approved. :popcorn: Later,
Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Atlanta GaPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Free is Free! :zzzz: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    I've seen it before, when it first aired. I watched it again this morning. My favorite part was part of the opening sequence. The narrator is talking about how the pig population is exploding and now the pigs are moving into new areas, destroying crops and "attacking our animals." The animals being "attacked" were hog dogs. They were the ones attacking the pig! :rotflmao: Bet most people who watch the program won't even realize it.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    The big problem with pigs is they multiply so fast. They can out populate all other game and far exceed the capacity of the land to carry a normal number of game. This will damage the land and reduce its carrying capacity even further, causing mortality rates of all species to increase, which can annihilate vast numbers of animals. All this plus wild hogs are very distructive to the land even in low numbers. Their rooting around really devastates the land. Around here the farmers and ranchers hate them. However, greed gets the best of them. If you ask if you can help thin the hogs, they want to lease you the land and charge you the same as for hunting deer. I've heard all their excuses, but in my opinion, they should have to get rid of the hogs without our help. I'll go elsewhere to get my pork.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,038 Senior Member
    There's an outfit in Georgia that I read about that has a really novel way of handling the pig problem. They take AR-10 variants, outfit them with thermal scopes, and then go and bushwhack a sounder. Creep in close on them at night, get within 50 yds., then the group tries to shoot as many as possible (they have permits to do this). Aggressively doing this, along with a good trapping program really keeps the hog numbers in check.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • timctimc Senior Member TexasPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I've been watching it in real life for years. Most of my hunting rifles have become modeled around perfect pig killing machines. The AR platform is very well suited to this task!

I have already taken all the venison I need for the next year, the next few months will be strictly focused on feral hog eradication! The new FD308 will be my new Weapon of choice!
    E725A9EA-C347-4530-A43B-5001796ED0E4-15794-000027DFC8636069_zps8ff18b3a.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member