Home Main Category Clubhouse

Got a tractor

2»

Replies

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    JLDickmon wrote: »
    My daughter and son-in-law have the EXACT same tractor.
    Right now they're looking for the bars to convert the IH Quick-Connect to a standard Heim mount 3-point.
    He's already converted theirs to 12v electrics.
    IH only made that unit two years, '55 & '56..
    40 horse gas engine.. too small to run a baler, but will easily handle a 2-bottom plow, or 8 disc harrow..
    get the rear wheel weights, and the loader will handle 750lb rounds.. but you need to stab them with ALL the forks, or fab a mount for a more conventional bale spike..
    http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/3/1/318-international-harvester-300.html

My tractor already has an alternator, 3 point hitch and it's hard to see but has wheel weights.
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,188 Senior Member
    40 degrees? It's 21 degrees here just outside of DC, and it's snowing to beat all. About 4-5" accumulation. How many acres (?) of lawn do you have to mow?
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    Vic we have a total of 7 1/4 acres but about 4 that need mowed, grass will get about 2 feet tall if I let it. Will most likely get a sickle mower from the same guy later this spring. I plane on putting in a shooting lane this spring also.

We are in a blizzard warning for this part of North Dakota tonight and over the next few days wind chill could be to sixty below with real temp to -25.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    Vic we have a total of 7 1/4 acres but about 4 that need mowed, grass will get about 2 feet tall if I let it. Will most likely get a sickle mower from the same guy later this spring. I plane on putting in a shooting lane this spring also.

We are in a blizzard warning for this part of North Dakota tonight and over the next few days wind chill could be to sixty below with real temp to -25.

Did you get that sleet we got last night here? This weather cannot be good for the pheasants or the deer.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Did you get that sleet we got last night here? This weather cannot be good for the pheasants or the deer.

We got a few snow flurries but that was about all do have some wind, went to Bottineau earlier today and saw about a dozen pheasant feeding at a grain silo.
    We get a lot of dear traffic in our trees, looks like a freeway about 30 yards from the house.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    We got a few snow flurries but that was about all do have some wind, went to Bottineau earlier today and saw about a dozen pheasant feeding at a grain silo.
    We get a lot of dear traffic in our trees, looks like a freeway about 30 yards from the house.

That is a good sign, I have not seen a pheasant since I was in South Dakota in Oct.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11