Home Main Category Clubhouse

Looks like a done deal: orders to Ohio coming!

2»

Replies

• TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    Congrats on the move and hope that your promotion comes through for you. I'm a way up in Michigan, but we may be able to get something worked out once your here. Lunch, Supper, whatever will be on me.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    TSchub wrote: »
    Congrats on the move and hope that your promotion comes through for you. I'm a way up in Michigan, but we may be able to get something worked out once your here. Lunch, Supper, whatever will be on me.

Thank you very much! I have every intention of visiting Michigan. I have a friend who I waterfowl hunt with here in Las Vegas who comes back to his hometown in Michigan to hunt sea ducks from a layout boat. Apparently, he'll be making space for me at some point. Maybe we can get something going around that time.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Congrats on your change of residence and impending promotion, hopefully a change of scenery will be the motivation for a bunch more hunting pictures from you:up:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Congrats on your change of residence and impending promotion, hopefully a change of scenery will be the motivation for a bunch more hunting pictures from you:up:.

Thanks. I hope the hunting goes well. As it stands, I couldn't be arriving at a better time. I'll have several months to scout in good weather. There are several public land areas within an hour of the house, too.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,574 Senior Member
    You'll be surprised at the opportunity available to a well mannered bowhunter. Lots of landowners are leary of letting a bunch of gun toting rednecks on their property, but will gladly allow a respectable archer to hunt the deer that are eating their garden. Also, $19 for hunting license, $24 for an either sex tag, and $15 for an antlerless tag! I'm sure it won't take long to do some networking and find a couple spots to hunt close by. If you head east from WPAFB, through Beaver creek, you're out in the sticks pretty quick.
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    Congrats! I hope this leads to prosperity, good friends and neighbors, and lots of hunting opportunities!
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    Awesome news. I have visited Wright-Patt and was quite impressed. I am sure you will enjoy Ohio.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    While the winters suck and I'm not looking forward to shoveling snow again, I AM looking forward to what those winters bring with them in the form of an actual deer season that you can hunt on an annual basis and plenty of upland hunting to boot.

Luis, winter south of Columbus is a lot milder than winter north of it. While you will have snow and cold it will normally be fairly moderate.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,854 Senior Member
    Congratulations and Happy New Year!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    Thanks again, guys. We're all very excited to get out there.
    jbohio wrote: »
    You'll be surprised at the opportunity available to a well mannered bowhunter. Lots of landowners are leary of letting a bunch of gun toting rednecks on their property, but will gladly allow a respectable archer to hunt the deer that are eating their garden. Also, $19 for hunting license, $24 for an either sex tag, and $15 for an antlerless tag! I'm sure it won't take long to do some networking and find a couple spots to hunt close by. If you head east from WPAFB, through Beaver creek, you're out in the sticks pretty quick.
    That seems to be a continuum just about everywhere, it seems. I know of several landowners who have had livestock shot by hunters on their land and no longer give permission for gun hunting, but will still allow a well-intentioned bowhunter on their property. With tag prices like that, I'm going to have to see what land opportunities I can rustle up. Thanks for the tip on heading east. It will be great if I don't have to drive forever to get a decent bow spot like I d out here for just about everything.
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Luis, winter south of Columbus is a lot milder than winter north of it. While you will have snow and cold it will normally be fairly moderate.

D

That's good to hear. The one thing my wife hates is the brutal cold we came from in Nebraska.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 810 Senior Member
    Congrats!
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.