Home Main Category Personal Defense

Kentucky state rep has "accidental" discharge

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
IN THE STATE CAPITOL BUILDING! And like a true politician, she blames the gun! I've seen it all! Now I don't buy her story one bit, saying she was unloading the gun because she didn't want it anymore. Then waited 2 hours to call the police to report the incident. Now my question, is it legal for a CCW holder to carry into a state building or is that something just exclusive their politicians?

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Ky-state-representatives-gun-accidently-fires-in-Capitol-building-239271511.html

(I put this in the PD forum because this involved a CCW Permit holder)
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Replies

• shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    "It's an automatic," Combs said. "I need to stick with revolvers."

Perhaps she needs to stick with a knife!
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    I don't know KY's laws, but the comment from the lawmaker who "Tried to ban firearms at the capital a few years ago" leads me to believe it IS something that's legal there :uhm:

Though it sounds more like a NEGLIGENT discharge to me.

Not illegal to carry into that building...
    Stumbo recalled that subsequent governors have not reissued an executive order banning guns from the Capitol after it expired when Gov. Paul Patton left office in 2003.

But it is a concern to some lawmakers. Louisville representative Mary Lou Marzian tried to prohibit guns at the capitol several years ago and said the issue should be reconsidered.

"I think we need to look at whether or not we're going to allow guns around here," Marzian said. "I think we really have to look at safety, the volatility of a weapon that could go off and really injure somebody."

Combs is sticking by her Second Amendment rights, and was already planning to replace her gun.

"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I wonder if that right to carry there extends to Joe Citizen, or if it's only for the politicians?
    Jerry
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    shooter wrote: »

Yeah. They are known for just "automatically" going off like that.

I will say that is my biggest fear when CC. I'm not afraid of a LE encounter nearly as much as a negligent discharge. So, I'm not prepared to judge her too harshly. We expect perfection in humans, we're going to always be surprised when they aren't.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    Must have been a Block - they like to go off by themselves. :devil:
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    That evil gun knew she didn't like it and decided to scare her.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Don't be too hard on her, I've had a few of those. Not with a gun however.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I'll judge her harshly. Cause I'm an hole.
    The reason it fired....was because she pulled the trigger. Period, end of story. She was negligent.

Now, here is where old horse lips says a revolver is obviously safer, because of the long, hard, trigger pull.
    Guess what? The trigger pull on that Ruger is the same as most revolvers, and HARDER than some.
    Which again proves, it ain't the gun...it's the operator.

And I'm glad to see most of the comments on her Facebook page are flaming her. :up:

Also.....had this happened to one of us peons, ESPECIALLY if we delayed reporting it, we would be facing charges.

Most likely a purse discharge that she covered up. Pretty common in unholstered pistols in women's purses, lipstick gets in the trigger guard, purse gets dropped, gun goes off.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Not on a LCP. There ain't but one way to make that gun go bang, and that is to pull the trigger.
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Most likely a purse discharge that she covered up. Pretty common in unholstered pistols in women's purses, lipstick gets in the trigger guard, purse gets dropped, gun goes off.

D

She said in the article that she was unloading it.
    I'd pay money to see ether.
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,464 Senior Member
    To be more descriptive...there is a better chance of Zee shaving his sack (ok, thats possible, and likely ) and riding into an opera performance on a pink unicorn with a Savage .270 held high over his head yelling "THIS IS SPARTA" than a Ruger going off in the manner you described.

Wait, I sent you that video too?

:quitetheimaginationyouhavetherecpj.dontknowifIshouldbeflatteredorworriedorboth:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    I'd pay money to see ether.

What, my shaved sack and/or the unicorn bit?
    BigDanS wrote: »

D

Are you always off your rocker or just when you post here?

;-)
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That woman sounds like she might be the product of a negligent discharge between first cousins!
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Maybe it's because she's a Democrat?
    I'm just here for snark.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,954 Senior Member
    I can make one of those happen

I imagine with the right bottle of wine,...... but no pics or description please.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,954 Senior Member
    Maybe it's because she's a Democrat?

No, that isnt why the pistol went off, that is why it isnt her fault.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,501 Senior Member
    Doesn't a Ruger have a magazine safety?? So if it's unloaded, magazine removed, it can't be fired.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    I didn't actually catch what model it is. But my Ruger LC9 has a magazine disconnect, so it can not be fired without the mag. (which I don't like at all)
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Doesn't a Ruger have a magazine safety?? So if it's unloaded, magazine removed, it can't be fired.

No mag disconnect on a LCP 380.
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    But it appears me Kentucky state reps come with a brain disconnect.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,201 Senior Member
    To be more descriptive...there is a better chance of Zee shaving his sack (ok, thats possible, and likely ) and riding into an opera performance on a pink unicorn with a Savage .270 held high over his head yelling "THIS IS SPARTA" than a Ruger going off in the manner you described.

Wow, that weird, I was thinking exactly the same thing.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11