More government idiocy

MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior MemberPosts: 819 Senior Member
There's a house bill that's been proposed to our state senate that just blows my mind.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24445740/proposed-legislation-would-require-every-ms-ammunition-sale-to-be-recorded

Fortunately, we have a pretty good governor that says he'll veto it. Also, the state legislature has been pretty solid in their pro-2A stance, so I don't see this gaining any traction.
But still.....I don't like it even being proposed. Idiots.....

Replies

• MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I like your governors comments. Short, and to the point. And no hint of compromise.

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with him, overall. He's gotten several big businesses to build factories/plants in the state, he doesn't hold back on his thoughts and opinions, and as you can tell, he's a gun guy.

http://twitpic.com/drti1f

That's him on the right. :up:
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Instead of tracking guns and ammunition, why not just track convicted criminals? Include a long period of rather intensive probation with ever second misdemeanor, and an even longer one with every felony, to begin after their jail or prison sentence, thus keeping a government finger to the pulse of those people proven to be disposed to commit crimes, and leave the rest of us alone.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Instead of tracking guns and ammunition, why not just track convicted criminals?

or Democrats.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    No chance at all that that information could be used for identity theft, or any other nefarious purpose.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24445740/proposed-legislation-would-require-every-ms-ammunition-sale-to-be-recorded
    Those records would include the description of the kind and caliber of the cartridges sold; the name, address, license number, and social security number of the person making the buy; and the date of sale.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Instead of tracking guns and ammunition, why not just track convicted criminals? Include a long period of rather intensive probation with ever second misdemeanor, and an even longer one with every felony, to begin after their jail or prison sentence, thus keeping a government finger to the pulse of those people proven to be disposed to commit crimes, and leave the rest of us alone.

I work closely with probation/parole and I can tell you the only system more broken than the judicial is probation/parole systems. I could go for days about it, but each P.O. here averages about 200 people under their "supervision" and sometimes more.

If you are on probation in another state and moved here, there is no direct line of accountability for your whereabouts. If you forget to show up or decide to live elsewhere...oops. Absconded parolee.

It's sick.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    No chance at all that that information could be used for identity theft, or any other nefarious purpose.

Those records would include the description of the kind and caliber of the cartridges sold; the name, address, license number, and social security number of the person making the buy; and the date of sale.

You provide less info to get welfare checks.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,108 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    I work closely with probation/parole and I can tell you the only system more broken than the judicial is probation/parole systems. I could go for days about it, but each P.O. here averages about 200 people under their "supervision" and sometimes more.

If you are on probation in another state and moved here, there is no direct line of accountability for your whereabouts. If you forget to show up or decide to live elsewhere...oops. Absconded parolee.

It's sick.
    You could just tag them with ankle bracelets. Florida has several wonderful examples of how well THAT technology works...
    Overkill is underrated.
    Ever watch the movie, "Wedlock"? Might be an idea whose time has come.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »

It's sick.

Worse than that here, there have been many high profile cases of parolees committing Felony after Felony. The most recent was a guy out on parole for stabbing his wife half to death. I'll let you guess who he finished the job on.

The prisons are overfull and so are the jails with convicts waiting on a bed in prison. So they just keep turning 'em loose.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,148 Senior Member
    http://twitpic.com/drti1f

That's him on the right. :up:
    The guy on the left, John Boy of the John Boy and Billy show used to be one of my favorite radio entertainers before their show went off the air in Orlando. (made too many anti-gay comments in a city where they should have known better.....Oh well)
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,460 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

You missed ( or maybe you didn't, sorry if I'm mistaken) a small part of that:

Those records would then be open to any member of the public at any time.

Available to anybody at any time???
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,108 Senior Member
    I think you missed Mike's sarcasm...
    Overkill is underrated.

(Sigh.......) Sometimes it's hard being me............................:rotflmao:

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,460 Senior Member

Isn't the first time. Heck, it's not even the first time TODAY! :tooth:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin