Hannity leaving NY

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 6,461 Senior Member
“Gov. Cuomo, I’m going to leave and I’m taking all of my money with me – every single solitary penny,” he said.

“And by the way governor, because I work here – there’s a whole bunch of people that work for me and benefit because I do two shows. And I guess maybe some of them will be out of work, governor. I’m sure you’ll take care of them.”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cuomo-hannity-leaving-NYC/2014/01/20/id/548020#ixzz2r39ITEPQ
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

As much as I like to see conservatives stop feeding the leeches, I must say that a NYC conservative is not a non liberal state conservative. They always, even though well intentioned, bring a little baggage with them. Even if Sean embraces the life 100%, not all of his people will.

The cancer seems to spread with the people who bail out. I dont know, maybe it is just the attitude that comes from living in a kid glove nanny state society. "But we did it this way in Joisey!" Yeah, they did. And they bailed out of the mess they made to go where there wasnt a mess. Sure, it starts with a road sign here, a little bridge there, but that soon comes to mean taxes and restrictions on freedoms, and that is what they fled.

Watch yourselves Texas. Keep locals on the township boards and school boards. The area I grew up in in NEPA that was a farming community is now Jersey light and Wilkes Barre is Trenton north with all of the corresponding garbage that goes with it. Learn to go to those meetings if you are not on the board. I keep hearing about a exodus fron CA and the NE liberal cities to TX. Same thing happened here from NJ an NY into NEPA in the late 80's and 90's. Repressive libs drove those with a little sense out of the states. Those folks wanted to go somewhere free, they did, and changed it into what they came from. Fair warning from those who have been through it.

Now if you can get western NY'ers, take em.
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    As much as I like to see conservatives stop feeding the leeches, I must say that a NYC conservative is not a non liberal state conservative. They always, even though well intentioned, bring a little baggage with them. Even if Sean embraces the life 100%, not all of his people will.

    The cancer seems to spread with the people who bail out. I dont know, maybe it is just the attitude that comes from living in a kid glove nanny state society. "But we did it this way in Joisey!" Yeah, they did. And they bailed out of the mess they made to go where there wasnt a mess. Sure, it starts with a road sign here, a little bridge there, but that soon comes to mean taxes and restrictions on freedoms, and that is what they fled.

    Watch yourselves Texas. Keep locals on the township boards and school boards. The area I grew up in in NEPA that was a farming community is now Jersey light and Wilkes Barre is Trenton north with all of the corresponding garbage that goes with it. Learn to go to those meetings if you are not on the board. I keep hearing about a exodus fron CA and the NE liberal cities to TX. Same thing happened here from NJ an NY into NEPA in the late 80's and 90's. Repressive libs drove those with a little sense out of the states. Those folks wanted to go somewhere free, they did, and changed it into what they came from. Fair warning from those who have been through it.

    Now if you can get western NY'ers, take em.
    If Sean Hannity wants to move to right here in Port Lavaca Texas, I'm gonna welcome him with open arms. Sean is a conservative's conservative. He takes no prisoners. HE's da man! Hey and something you may know about Sean, his wife is from Alabama and he used to work in Georgia. He's not the average New Yorker. He's been there-done that and knows what life outside of the 'People's Republic of Nu Yawk" is all about. He tours around the country and a lot in the south and has many southern friends and is like minded to them. Sean is nobody's closet liberal. He's a true conservative in every way.

    Also, as far as Sean's people go, I would venture a guess that if they cross that conservative-liberal line, they will be looking for work. Now he has some people working for him that he purposely hires to be "Devil's Advocate" but he keeps them straight.

    I know exactly what you're talking about here, and I agree, we don't need anymore carpet baggers moving south, but Sean is NOT in that catagorie. Also, one of his good buddies has come to Texas already, Glenn Beck. And he's another one that will fight liberalism to the death. I listen to these guys every day and they are not in this group of "Carpet Baggers" you speak of.

    Also Varmintmist, you are from up north. There are many here that would say the same thing about you, because in our experience down south we have found that most from your part of the world are a threat to our Southern Culture. We are highly suspicious of ANY yankee because of the culture the liberals have spread up there. They don't have to be from New York. We have seen the same things you speak of with people from parts of the Mid West.

    However, Me, I'm the type to give everybody an even break. If you want to come down here and put up with our humidity and long term heat and our "Narrow Mindedness" I will welcome you. But you will be on probation until we know your "REAL" motives.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    I'm a PA boy, born and raised...first SEPA, now NEPA, but spent a lot of my youth in the south...as a southerner. During the North South Tournament in West Palm each year, we proudly joined on the South team, despite our rig being registered in PA...Both the southerners and Bahamians welcomed us as kin, as we didn't bring our baggage with us...left it behind to enjoy freedom...
    So, why in the name of Hades did I move to the Poconos...? Family around here, and several businesses involved. NY is only 30 minutes from me, and I have YET to be there, nor have I any intention to be.
    And yes, WB is now NE Philly/Camden/ Lawn Gieland light, but getting worse...you ever hear of Pocono Country Place? It's the main stop on the 80 to 380 to NYC corridor...hate driving by the place.
    Good luck Glenn, Sean, and anyone else who goes south...but as they say, go for the freedom, not the jobs. Me, I'll stay put and keep my local area proper...until the taxes approach Scranton levels...56% increase this year...OUCH!!!!

    Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    SH is the real deal, conservative to the core and usually without the self aggrandizing nonsense of a Limbaugh and others. He is on my list of folks I'd love to meet someday.

    I love Rush too, for two reasons. First, he's smart. He does the research. He leaves no stone unturned getting to the bottom of things and bringing out the true story. Second, though he seems arrogant and egotistical and hasn't had a lot of luck with married life, a lot of what turns some off is an act. Like when he says stuff like taking libs on with half his brain tied behind his back, this is hilarious to me. I love it, and it antagonizes the libs something crazy. They all bad mouth him and call him every name in the book, but very seldom do you see one want to take him on face to face in a political discussion because they know he will hand them their butts on a platter.

    My advice to fellow conservatives that have issues with Rush's style, is to take it with a grain of salt but know in your minds that he is one of our best medicines against the disease of Liberalism.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    I heard some of his radio show today on that subject. He also said if he goes anywhere it would probably one of three places: Texas, Florida or Georgia. He has to wait until 2017 to do it, because he has contracts that last until sometime in 2016. We will see if he actually does anything about moving to a Red state or not, but if he is serious, I would welcome him here in Florida.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Rush booked it years back, must be catching. :tooth: Later,
    Fat Billy

    Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,425 Senior Member
    I find Rush to be a blowhard, O'Reilly to be conservative when it suits him, and Hannity somewhere in between. Sort of like the ASPCA.

    Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong. I find Rush very entertaining.
    Rush
    Yes, he is that. But it goes a lot deeper than entertaining. Rush is the reason I'm a real conservative. He taught me what it really means. He taught me the fine points. Somebody gave me his book "The Way Things Ought To Be" on cassette tape. It captured my heart and soul. But not at first. I was so screwed up in my political thinking I had to listen to it about three times before it started sinking in. He inoculated me against the Liberalism disease. Rush isn't just a talk show host, he's a brilliant conservative political analyst, who can duke it out with the best the libtards have. In my opinion too many people pay too much attention to his sarcasm and they miss the point. And how many times has he said something that at first I thought was off the wall or over the top but it turned out he knew what he was talking about. Also, for those that think he's a little too much, think what his opponents are. Don't you think they're a little more than just "a little over the top?" I think we need more like Rush to offset their high pressure salesmanship in the main stream media. We need somebody like Rush that can at least balance out the arguments. Think of it this way that he may well be a necessary evil!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,243 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    I find Rush to be a blowhard, O'Reilly to be conservative when it suits him, and Hannity somewhere in between. Sort of like the ASPCA.

    Mike

    Same, except Rush entertains me. Hannity suffers from being painfully boring.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I know exactly what you're talking about here, and I agree, we don't need anymore carpet baggers moving south, but Sean is NOT in that catagorie. Also, one of his good buddies has come to Texas already, Glenn Beck. And he's another one that will fight liberalism to the death. I listen to these guys every day and they are not in this group of "Carpet Baggers" you speak of.
    FYI beck hires liberals. Part of the deal. His philosophy is to hire people who turn out a good product.
    Also Varmintmist, you are from up north. There are many here that would say the same thing about you, because in our experience down south we have found that most from your part of the world are a threat to our Southern Culture. We are highly suspicious of ANY yankee because of the culture the liberals have spread up there. They don't have to be from New York. We have seen the same things you speak of with people from parts of the Mid West.
    Thats because you don't get PA rednecks and most of the south thinks PA is a city. The way you say the culture liberals have spread shows you are one of those. Is all of TX Austin? How many of you really, I mean REALLY live the life.
    However, Me, I'm the type to give everybody an even break. If you want to come down here and put up with our humidity and long term heat and our "Narrow Mindedness" I will welcome you. But you will be on probation until we know your "REAL" motives.
    Dont worry about me. If I go, you will be on probation because I can out redneck any texican I have ever met. Anyway, having been there, I prefer seasons, changing elevation, and drivers who can drive in snow and negotiate curves without applying brakes. Curves are when the road suddenly bends left or right, sometimes they will do so continuously going through things called "hills" while the road goes up and down. I know its kind of like patting your head while rubbing your tummy, but it is a worthwhile skill.

    Anyway, the change isn't blatant. Its incremental. EG there was a gravel pit on the road I lived on. After some folks moved in, big time hunters, made a orchard and did homemade cider, lived there for years, then petitioned the township to close the gravel pit. Didnt fly. Then since the Ny/NJers were buying property in cash after selling their homes in NY/NJ driving the taxes up and being retired not contributing, but had time to go to meetings, got the mans business closed eventually. We bought 14 Ac to put a garage on. A petition went out saying we were going to build a asphalt plant. FYI 14 ac isnt enough to do that anyway. We never got the garage.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    FYI beck hires liberals. Part of the deal. His philosophy is to hire people who turn out a good product.

    Thats because you don't get PA rednecks and most of the south thinks PA is a city. The way you say the culture liberals have spread shows you are one of those. Is all of TX Austin? How many of you really, I mean REALLY live the life.

    Dont worry about me. If I go, you will be on probation because I can out redneck any texican I have ever met. Anyway, having been there, I prefer seasons, changing elevation, and drivers who can drive in snow and negotiate curves without applying brakes. Curves are when the road suddenly bends left or right, sometimes they will do so continuously going through things called "hills" while the road goes up and down. I know its kind of like patting your head while rubbing your tummy, but it is a worthwhile skill.

    Anyway, the change isn't blatant. Its incremental. EG there was a gravel pit on the road I lived on. After some folks moved in, big time hunters, made a orchard and did homemade cider, lived there for years, then petitioned the township to close the gravel pit. Didnt fly. Then since the Ny/NJers were buying property in cash after selling their homes in NY/NJ driving the taxes up and being retired not contributing, but had time to go to meetings, got the mans business closed eventually. We bought 14 Ac to put a garage on. A petition went out saying we were going to build a asphalt plant. FYI 14 ac isnt enough to do that anyway. We never got the garage.

    I hear what you're saying and have seen some of your examples first hand. I love Snow Birds because they come down while it's cold up north and go back when it's hot down here. They don't usually get to vote, unless they're ACORN Insiders, lol! I'm really with you on this and agree to about 95% of it. But I will still take a Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck any day of the week.
    Now Rush isn't really a native north eastern type or even a West Coaster. He's from Missouri. But Sean Hannity has that same mind set. Sean and Glenn both carry and love guns. I would rather see guys like them down here where they can preach and practice unbridled conservatism.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,243 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »

    Also Varmintmist, you are from up north. There are many here that would say the same thing about you, because in our experience down south we have found that most from your part of the world are a threat to our Southern Culture. We are highly suspicious of ANY yankee

    You need to travel more. Yankee is an attitude and a culture. Not a funny accent.

    VM is our kind of people. He can come here, Texas is over rated, and we need help fighting off Atlanta.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,047 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    You need to travel more. Yankee is an attitude and a culture. Not a funny accent.

    VM is our kind of people. He can come here, Texas is over rated, and we need help fighting off Atlanta.
    Atlanta is full of Yankees.

    Or, as John Shelton Reed once said, “Every time I look at Atlanta I see what a quarter of a million Confederate soldiers died to prevent.”
    Overkill is underrated.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    To all thinking of coming SOUTH, don't ever say to me"that's not the way we did itUP NORTH
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,257 Senior Member
    The jury Is still out on whether closing the hunting season in 1865 was a wise move- - - - -shouldn't carpetbaggers be classified like lawyers and politicians, as varmints?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    You need to travel more. Yankee is an attitude and a culture. Not a funny accent.

    VM is our kind of people. He can come here, Texas is over rated, and we need help fighting off Atlanta.

    Hey, texans are great, just ask them and they will tell you, and tell you, and tell you................... :blah:
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Same, except Rush entertains me. Hannity suffers from being painfully and repetitively boring.

    FIFY

    I like Sean, but in small doses. Sometimes he can be very provocative, other times, its like watching a carousel, looking for a different horse to pass.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The jury Is still out on whether closing the hunting season in 1865 was a wise move- - - - -shouldn't carpetbaggers be classified like lawyers and politicians, as varmints?
    Jerry

    Replay this a lot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,759 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    To all thinking of coming SOUTH, don't ever say to me"that's not the way we did itUP NORTH


    I've caused quite a few yankees to chew 16d nails and spit carpet tacks when they make that statement. Cheap fun, too (it's free!).

    Another phrase they use that I go on immediate preemptive attack is, "You people sure talk with a funny accent", usually heard from some yankee on the NE coast. More free fun making the pasty white yankee turn crimson red!

    And just because they move down here and have kids doesn't mean they're Southerners. Just because a cat had kittens in the oven doesn't make them biscuits.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Speaking of Yankees, New York State government is running ads on FOX News around the clock, and trying to convince business people from around the country they should move or start a business in New York to get 10 years worth of tax breaks after doing it. I wonder if there are any fools left that would actually go there, considering the gun laws and the latest rant from Governor Cuomo regarding conservatives not being welcome in New York State.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Rush
    Yes, he is that. But it goes a lot deeper than entertaining. Rush is the reason I'm a real conservative. He taught me what it really means. He taught me the fine points. Somebody gave me his book "The Way Things Ought To Be" on cassette tape. It captured my heart and soul. But not at first. I was so screwed up in my political thinking I had to listen to it about three times before it started sinking in. He inoculated me against the Liberalism disease. Rush isn't just a talk show host, he's a brilliant conservative political analyst, who can duke it out with the best the libtards have. In my opinion too many people pay too much attention to his sarcasm and they miss the point. And how many times has he said something that at first I thought was off the wall or over the top but it turned out he knew what he was talking about. Also, for those that think he's a little too much, think what his opponents are. Don't you think they're a little more than just "a little over the top?" I think we need more like Rush to offset their high pressure salesmanship in the main stream media. We need somebody like Rush that can at least balance out the arguments. Think of it this way that he may well be a necessary evil!

    I agree.
    I am a diehard Conservative. Born in the Buckeye State, lived in FL, NC, CA. and now IN. Traveled on business in almost every state so have experience with Liberals, Conservatives, Independents, you name them along with Yankees and Southerners (including Rednecks). Have had many Southern friends and found prefer them to many in the typical Liberal States.

    I have been listening to Rush for years and listen to him daily, now as I type. I also listen to Mark Levine, Thomas Sowell, Michael Reagan (when I can find him on the radio), and other true Conservatives. I do not qualify as a Low Information voter like some.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    Speaking of Yankees, New York State government is running ads on FOX News around the clock, and trying to convince business people from around the country they should move or start a business in New York to get 10 years worth of tax breaks after doing it. I wonder if there are any fools left that would actually go there, considering the gun laws and the latest rant from Governor Cuomo regarding conservatives not being welcome in New York State.

    Yep, I have been seeing those also. "Come to NY and you won't pay taxes."

    You betcha.

    Even if they cut all of the std buisness taxes, it will still be more expensive. Heard a guy in the radio who had a bus. in long island with a 2 mil payroll. He started looking in SC and said that he could totaly fund a expanded manufacturing facility in tax savings by moving.

    Like I have said, please move out but leave what caused the problems behind.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Yep, I have been seeing those also. "Come to NY and you won't pay taxes."

    You betcha. Even if they cut all of the std buisness taxes, it will still be more expensive. Heard a guy in the radio who had a bus. in long island with a 2 mil payroll. He started looking in SC and said that he could totaly fund a expanded manufacturing facility in tax savings by moving. Like I have said, please move out but leave what caused the problems behind.
    Not only that, southeast New York: (Westchester, Queens, Manhatten, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau and Suffolk counties are traffic nightmares. There is no amount of money that would influence me to go back there. The cost of living is ridiculous, Real-Estate, School taxes and fuel prices are nearly the highest in the country, and if you have a business that would require unionized labor, you are S.O.L. They now have a certified Communist as mayor of NYC. All that and they think that businesses will be drawn there.....HORSE-PUCKY!! As a retired cop, I'm not sure I could even get a carry permit in New York with the new anti-gun laws...certainly not an AR. They could kiss my ARse.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.