Top 10 reasons to vote Democrat this fall:

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,849 Senior Member
1. I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry
whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.

2. I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on
a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon
of gas at 15% isn't.

3. I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better
job of spending the money I earn than I would.

4. I'm voting Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as
nobody is offended by it.

5. I'm voting Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun,
and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from
murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service
that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a
home invasion.

6. I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies
being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and
comfy.

7. I'm voting Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to
free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we
should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

8. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be
allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and
give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the
Democrats see fit.

9. I'm voting Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite
the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would
never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I'm voting Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions
for their oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it
might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

"The difference between Genius and Stupidity; is that Genius has its limits" : (Albert Einstein)
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


Replies

  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    You mind if I quote that on FB?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tactical toughguytactical toughguy New Member Posts: 5 New Member
    that is a lol moment.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,849 Senior Member
    You mind if I quote that on FB?
    Be my guest, that's where I stole it from :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Einstein's quote is magnificent. Along the same line as Ted Williams who said, "If you don't think too good, don't think too much."
  • Rim PhyrRim Phyr Member Posts: 71 Member
    Gee, If you ran it on TV with a background of smiling faces of diverse features, promising a change, it will sell.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Love that list! Thanks

    Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,849 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »
    Love that list! Thanks

    Matt
    :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,729 Senior Member
    Because I had to....:devil:


    1. I'm voting Republican because I can blame problems on poor people instead of the rich ones who actually run things.

    2. I'm voting Republican because union members are
    scum-sucking leaches, but the oil companies raking in record profits
    NEED those hundreds of millions in taxpayer subsidies.

    3. I'm voting Republican because I believe private industry could do a better
    job running the country than the government, no matter how much they
    screw me over.

    4. I'm voting Republican because I don’t trust the government, although
    I favored the government spying on my health/financial records and
    tapping my phone to keep me safe.

    5. I'm voting Republican because I don't really care whether terrorists, murderers and drug dealers own guns or not.

    6. I'm voting Republican because I hate women having abortions, but
    once the baby is born, it and it's parents should get nothing from me.

    7. I'm voting Republican because I believe in laying off workers to
    boost profits; then I get to complain about lazy unemployed people.

    8. I'm voting Republican because I believe in never having to solve
    any problems in the government because I insist government is the
    problem anyway.

    9. I'm voting Republican because I hate activist judges, unless they
    are conservative (Yes, corporations should get to spend unlimited money
    in elections).
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • lightkeeperlightkeeper Member Posts: 168 Member
    The voting Republican list seems to be strained. It doesn't flow like the other one.
    Could be it was a hurriedly, ill conceived response to the Dem list which his funny & true.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,928 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Because I had to....:devil:


    1. I'm voting Republican because I can blame problems on poor people instead of the rich ones who actually run things and create the wealth and jobs for the "poor" people.

    2. I'm voting Republican because union members are
    scum-sucking leaches, but the oil companies raking in record profits
    NEED those hundreds of millions in taxpayer subsidies.
    They both need to be cut off for different reasons.

    3. I'm voting Republican because I believe private industry could do a better
    job running the country than the government, no matter how much they
    screw me over. As long as the private industry rules apply equally to anybody and don't benefit one companies expansion, have at it.
    4. I'm voting Republican because I don’t trust the government, although
    I favored the government spying on my health/financial records and
    tapping my phone to keep me safe. Your point is correct.

    5. I'm voting Republican because I don't really care whether terrorists, murderers and drug dealers own guns or not. HaHa

    6. I'm voting Republican because I hate women having abortions, but
    once the baby is born, it and it's parents should get nothing from me. More correctly, I don't want to pay for your abortion or pay for your raising your children.

    7. I'm voting Republican because I believe in laying off workers to
    boost profits; then I get to complain about lazy unemployed people.
    More or less, yes.

    8. I'm voting Republican because I believe in never having to solve
    any problems in the government because I insist government is the
    problem anyway. Very good point.
    9. I'm voting Republican because I hate activist judges, unless they
    are conservative (Yes, corporations should get to spend unlimited money
    in elections).
    It would be nice to see a strictly Constitutional Leaning Judges.

    .
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,729 Senior Member
    The voting Republican list seems to be strained. It doesn't flow like the other one.
    Could be it was a hurriedly, ill conceived response to the Dem list which his funny & true.

    I pulled it off the web just like nightpoet did. I don't agree with all of it, but this is how Democrats perceive Republicans, same as the list above perceives how Republicans feel about Democrats. Both lists are deeply biased and prejudicial.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,729 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    5. I'm voting Republican because I don't really care whether terrorists, murderers and drug dealers own guns or not. HaHa


    I spit soda on the screen when I read that.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • RiflemannRiflemann Member Posts: 269 Member
    My soda came out my nose.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,928 Senior Member
    Cali is a good set-up kind of guy:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BradjonesbassBradjonesbass New Member Posts: 9 New Member
    9. I'm voting Republican because I hate activist judges, unless they
    are conservative (Yes, corporations should get to spend unlimited money
    in elections).

    That's not what Citizens decided. Citizens was about free speech for ALL Americans and anyone who actually read the damn ruling would know that.

    I'm not voting Republican OR Democrat. Maybe I should make a list.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    That's not what Citizens decided. Citizens was about free speech for ALL Americans and anyone who actually read the damn ruling would know that.

    I'm not voting Republican OR Democrat. Maybe I should make a list.

    Not voting Republican or Democrat? Aren't you special!

    My, my, isn't it wonderful living in denial. It's so easy. You get to make self-righteous pronouncements of political piety and ideological purity and from your own high moral mountain top, excuse yourself from the responsibility for your actions. Democrats love you. The Brady Campaign, Bloomberg, Feinstein, Cuomo, Hickenlooper and Schumer can't thank you enough. You've made the perfect the enemy of the good, and that means the progressive agenda gets to proceed.

    Reality Check Time. No matter what you think, no matter what you say, no matter how you say it, word it, phrase it, and regardless of your intentions, motives, purpose or objective, rationalize it all you want, NOT VOTING REPUBLICAN IS THE SAME AS VOTING DEMOCRATIC. It's not enough to vote AGAINST the Democrats, unless that vote is FOR a viable alternative. And no fringe party, right or left, is viable. A liberal voting with the Green Party might as well vote for the GOP. Same with a conservative voting Libertarian - in the real world, in the actual balance of things, that's a vote for the Democrats.

    Reality hurts. It offends our sense of self-worth. It tends to deflate. We want to be heard, be important, be recognized, send a message, and so forth. Fine. Write a letter to the editor. Call a talk radio show. Crow yourself hoarse with stentorian gravitas. Just pull your head out of your butt long enough to vote with common sense.

    ONE of only TWO Parties will win the election. Never mind what ifs, buts, and maybes. Control of Congress will be awarded to the Democratic Part or the GOP. Period. End of Story. And that winning party won't care a whit about how you voted, unless you voted for them. Because the voters who are already with them are a MAJORITY of the voting electorate. Just keep that majority happy, and the next election is as good as in the bag. The majority rules. The minority is protected, a little, but it doesn't govern, it doesn't rule. Only the majority party sets the agenda, controls House and Senate rules, exercises Nuclear Options at its discretion, confirms judges, ratifies treaties, and so forth. If you're not with them, you don't matter - not even if you're against them. Nobody cares what you think, nobody cares how you feel, nobody wants to hear your side of it. AND NOBODY WILL. Except you of course. You'll keep puffing yourself up, keep living in the beautiful dystopia of political denial, in your happy little dream world of rationalizations and what could have been, should have been, would have been...if only everybody thought like you.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    Irony, it's a wonderful thing...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TugarTugar Senior Member Posts: 1,867 Senior Member
    I cannot think of a single positive thing that either party has done in the last 3 decades to make a difference in my daily life.
    Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
    Winston Churchill
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    While what you say is true Horselips, it is also true that as long as you always vote FOR them, they don't care what you think/want.

    They only value your opinion if they think that paying attention to you WILL get your vote.

    Sadly, the GOP seems bent on destruction since they are doing everything in their power to disenfranchise the Tea Party, not realizing that the Tea Party IS their base in many respects. It's almost the same as if the Democrats were to disenfranchise the **** portion of their party... just try to imagine THAT ever happening.

    Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Tugar wrote: »
    I cannot think of a single positive thing that either party has done in the last 3 decades to make a difference in my daily life.

    Shall issue carry laws. Stand your ground laws. That's about it. And those are all State level. Federal level, I got nothing.

    Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    While what you say is true Horselips, it is also true that as long as you always vote FOR them, they don't care what you think/want.

    They only value your opinion if they think that paying attention to you WILL get your vote.

    Sadly, the GOP seems bent on destruction since they are doing everything in their power to disenfranchise the Tea Party, not realizing that the Tea Party IS their base in many respects. It's almost the same as if the Democrats were to disenfranchise the **** portion of their party... just try to imagine THAT ever happening.

    Luis
    Nowadays it doesn't matter what they do to get your vote. You only have to hate the other party enough to vote against them....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,729 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    Shall issue carry laws. Stand your ground laws. That's about it. And those are all State level. Federal level, I got nothing.

    Luis

    Even then, they require a permit (permission) to exercise a right. I want to see lots more AZ and WY legislation.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.