Home Main Category Clubhouse

Hi folks, I'm Clent Schoonover and happy to be here!

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    Did you run like a striped butt ape?
    Not only I ran, but everyone around me. Wambli backed up and got behind Mrs. Ska. Evidently she's directional in her explosions, much like a claymore mine.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,600 Senior Member
    Crap. Missed him again.
    Anyway....
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 783 Senior Member
    Another Lawyer answer... "Depends" on the mission, location, and desired outcome. Break it down for me a little more specific and I will be pleased to provide my pack out.. Urban, Rural, Tracking, Protection, Intelligence, Sniper, Threat Level, Etc.... Good question, most only think of the weapons and those are simply a tool.. Glad to be here....

Why don't we go with a urban intel/sniper mission in semi-hostile area. You are standing at the gear locker, what do you pack?
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,621 Senior Member
    Zorba, we need to talk about your choice in activities if it takes you 20+ rounds to take a coyote. More training or have you ever thought of knitting? LOLs
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    He's obviously never seen a .270 bullet bounce off a coyote...
    I figure Jayhawker knows more about a .270 than I do! :tooth:
    JLDickmon wrote: »
    nice way of sugar coating it.
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    DUDE! Don't EVEN go there! For God's sake!
    Aw, you guys scared him off! :rotflmao: Poor guy didn't even make it to 100 posts and CPJ spills da beans!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    If you are using a .270 and it seems you are torturing the coyotes, we need to work on accuracy and shot placement... The round is more than adequate for the application in my opinion.. This is not degrading your ability, if you make a good shot the animal can often function for a short period of time, not unlike hunting deer and they run or spasm after a heart shot, until brain function ceases. This could take up to 20+ seconds.. In the same manner we train in the Long Range Interdiction (Sniper), the only sure instant switch would be to the brain, specifically just above where the brain stem enters the skull.

Clent, I am also a Texan. And I feel there is hope for you as it sounds like you don't write the .270 off altogether. I suspect the comment about it being good for women and small statured men was at the prodding of wambli. He's another one on here that has been tainted by visions of grandur of the purist 7mm clan. Now you tell me how .007 of an inch ..... oh never mind. Hey buffy, do you have a pair of clean underwear I can borrow??? :jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Snake you seem to hang a lot of your happiness on that .007". Are you that used to coming up just a hair too short?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    Snake you seem to hang a lot of your happiness on that .007". Are you that used to coming up just a hair too short?

I would put money on the fact that women wouldn't even notice that extra .007 of an inch................unless you are referring to the calibre and not something else....
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Clent SchoonoverClent Schoonover Member Posts: 103 Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Zorba is a male belly dancer.
    Yes. That's EXACTLY what I said.

He likes to shoot... Good enough for me... I know Tier 1 Operators with far more interesting lifestyles and activities. Your wives and girlfriends might like for you to learn a few of those moves...
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,600 Senior Member
    He likes to shoot... Good enough for me... I know Tier 1 Operators with far more interesting lifestyles and activities. Your wives and girlfriends might like for you to learn a few of those moves...

She'd never quit laughing long enough to "practice" them.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member

OMG..........he used the "O" word...........Buffy's gonna be on this, like white on rice.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    jbohio wrote: »
    She'd never quit laughing long enough to "practice" them.

LOLs
    olesniper wrote: »
    OMG..........he used the "O" word...........Buffy's gonna be on this, like white on rice.

Yep, can answer phones too...
    snake284 wrote: »
    Clent, I am also a Texan. And I feel there is hope for you as it sounds like you don't write the .270 off altogether. I suspect the comment about it being good for women and small statured men was at the prodding of wambli. He's another one on here that has been tainted by visions of grandur of the purist 7mm clan. Now you tell me how .007 of an inch ..... oh never mind. Hey buffy, do you have a pair of clean underwear I can borrow??? :jester:

Wambli might have inspired the comments a little. I will stick with my 5.56, 7.62, 30-06...
    zorba wrote: »
    I figure Jayhawker knows more about a .270 than I do! :tooth:

Aw, you guys scared him off! :rotflmao: Poor guy didn't even make it to 100 posts and CPJ spills da beans!

Zorba.... Scared.. Don't think so.... Hell, I was looking for dollar bills.. Belly Dancers take dollars don't they?
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    USUALLY! There have been times when the collateral damage exceeded the intended body count...

I will stay on her good side.. I hope.. I better stop sending her pictures of pink guns.....
    TSchub wrote: »
    Why don't we go with a urban intel/sniper mission in semi-hostile area. You are standing at the gear locker, what do you pack?

Baby wipes
    Advil
    HKT Knife
    Rations and water for expected time on target (dry Pedialyte packets)
    Kestrel
    Laser Rangefinder
    Garmin
    Communications
    Dope chart
    Small Pad and Pencil
    Thumb tacks
    100 MPH tape
    Sealable large plastic freezer bags
    6’/6’ square of nonmetallic window screen
    15 meters of 550 cord
    PVS14 Pinnacle with TNVC Camera Adapter
    Camera with zoom lenses
    PVS27 with camera mount
    tripod
    A generic book bag

Sidearm and rifle package of choice with concealment capability

That is my personal Generic answer.. + or - items based on actual intel.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,621 Senior Member
    Zorba.... Scared.. Don't think so.... Hell, I was looking for dollar bills.. Belly Dancers take dollars don't they?
    Oh yea! As long as they're paper - one of my brothers in dance once had some gal pour change in his pants... :yikes:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,705 Senior Member
    Old piece luggage
    Baby wipes
    Advil
    HKT Knife
    Rations and water for expected time on target (dry Pedialyte packets)
    Kestrel
    Laser Rangefinder
    Garmin
    Communications
    Dope chart
    Small Pad and Pencil
    Thumb tacks
    100 MPH tape
    Sealable large plastic freezer bags
    6’/6’ square of nonmetallic window screen
    15 meters of 550 cord
    PVS14 Pinnacle with TNVC Camera Adapter
    Camera with zoom lenses
    PVS27 with camera mount
    tripod
    A generic book bag
    Two local shirts
    Local head cover and one baseball cap
    Sidearm and rifle package of choice with concealment capability

That is my personal Generic answer.. + or - items based on actual intel.

OK, I get almost everything on your list. However what is the nonmetallic screen for and why a Falcon?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 742 Senior Member
    Welcome to the jungle.

"6’/6’ square of nonmetallic window screen"

Why?

Hawk
    Diver43 wrote: »
    OK, I get almost everything on your list. However what is the nonmetallic screen for and why a Falcon?

Not to get too deep but concealment and you never know if you may have to move to another environment. I like to back everything up that I know how to do with technical verification when possible. Measure twice cut once if time is available.
    hawk18 wrote: »
    Welcome to the jungle.

"6’/6’ square of nonmetallic window screen"

Why?

Hawk

Mosquitoes... LOLs It assists in remaining unobserved. Similar to using a hunting blind, just not a fancy..
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,705 Senior Member
    Something tells me that when you say Kestrel you are not talking about the bird??
    Time to check my google-fu

GOTCHA Kestrel weather and environmental meter - now that makes sense
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Something tells me that when you say Kestrel you are not talking about the bird??
    Time to check my google-fu

GOTCHA Kestrel weather and environmental meter - now that makes sense

Most questions are related to the plastic sealable freezer bags and the baby wipes.....
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

My responses to any of the questions will be of my own personal opinion and of a generic nature on this forum. I am at no time representing the government or its operational techniques and all information presented can be obtained via open source. Sorry, guys had to put that out there.

Clent Schoonover
    Seems I am two days late and several dollars short. Welcome to the party that is never the same twice.

What is the best way to handle rouge groundhogs?

Suppressed .22 behind the ear? Or is that only if it runs back in its hole and gives us a longer winter?

Never had an opportunity to deal with them, sorry... I would think in a similar manner as prairie dogs..

Glad to be here..
    zorba wrote: »
    Oh yea! As long as they're paper - one of my brothers in dance once had some gal pour change in his pants... :yikes:

Ok......everybody.........just think about this.........next time you pull a $1 bill out of your wallet..........it might have been in Zorba's G-string. :silly:
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I've never seen a groundhog wearing rouge.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Wambli might have inspired the comments a little. I will stick with em.my 5.56, 7.62, 30-06...
    Each to his own. I'm not nor never did try to sway anyone to get or use a .270 Win. in ernest anyway. And I do shoot other cartridges>I also love my 30-06 as well. I shoot a variety of different guns. I bought my .270 Back in the day of Jack! He inspired me on it along with a few locals. I got it the summer between my Jr. and Sr. year in high school, summer of 1966. I killed my first deer with it that fall and have killed over 40 with it in all. I also have had a 6mm Rem. and .308 Win.

I've been having guns built or rebarreled the last 25 years beginning in 1989 with a Mauser action barreled in .280 Rem. with a Shaw 26 inch Chrome Moly barrel, another personal favorite cartridge of mine. I bedded this one into a B&C Carbon Fiber stock.

I've also got a love affair with a few classic quarter bores. I had a Howa 1500 which was a .22-250 rebarreled to 250 Savage (Just because it is such a classic) with a Krieger 26 inch SS barrel in 1-9" twist. It slings 115 grain Combined Technologies bullets very accurately, and so far has taken a hog and a deer.

Then I had built a 24/47 Yugo Mauser into a .257 Ackley Improved with a 26 inch Shilen SS match barrel. My smith bent the bolt (he does a really nice job with that), install a Timney Sporter Trigger, and a 3 position Model 70 style safety, and a slightly stronger after market firing pin spring to decrease lock time. He also modified the original Mauser steel floor plate and made it a functional hinged floor plate, which again he really does a nice job of. I bedded it into a Boyd's Classic Walnut Stock which I finished in Tung oil myself and rubbed with rotten stone.

I have another Yugo that I had sportered but left the stepped Mil Surp barrel in 8x57 in place. I also had this one fitted with a Beuler two position safety, and my gun smith removed the rear sight assembly and the front sight. He also installed the same type Timey Sporter Trigger and aftermarket firing pin spring. I bedded this one into a Boyd's Pepper Laminate Classic stock and finished it in Satin Poly Urethane.This has become one of my favorite hunting rifles. I have one more Yugo action and a Zastava Charles Daly Mauser Action to barrel. I'm thinking the Yugo will become a 6mm Rem. and the Zastava some form of 6.5 mm. Then I'll have all my bases covered.

My latest is a rebarrel of a 1988 Ruger 77 fro 30-06 to 9.3x62. It's a real slammer. I killed a spike buck with it opening weekend with it. Anyway, that's what I'm into and this gives you an idea of my tastes in firearms and shows you I CAN and DO shoot other things besides a .270.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    LMLarsen wrote: »

rrgh.jpg
    LMLarsen wrote: »

Me either but I have never seen a male belly dancer either and there is one here...