Home Main Category Clubhouse

Roadkill

sherwoodsherwood Senior MemberPosts: 1,220 Senior Member
Well, it started out as a good drive home from my FIL but about a block from his house a small doe committed suicide with my car. The Boss and I are OK but I'll check out the car tomorrow. I'm just glad I wasn't going too fast. This is the second time I've hit one.
I may be old but I ain't dead!
DPRMD

Replies

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    What type of v-hicle?
    Glad no injuries.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,466 Senior Member
    Backstraps? Glad the folks in the car are OK.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,245 Senior Member
    Glad you and your 'Boss' are ok. Panels and paint can be fixed or replaced...........people not so much.

Were you braking when you hit the deer?
    Reason I ask is that I have hit a couple while doing patrols in the ballot blocks. On each occasion, knowing that I couldn't avoid the collision, I stopped braking just before impact and hit the accelerator hard to raise the front of the vehicle. Even a couple of inches can make the difference between having an animal come over the front or going under the vehicle.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    It's a Honda Accord. We were driving slow because it was on an icy twisty turny road. It was a small doe that didn't even come up to the top of the hood. This is my second deer killed like this. Experience taught me after the first one that it isn't worth the effort to butcher it. Too much lost meat.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,962 Senior Member
    Glad you got home.