Democrat Says All Military Veterans are Mentally Ill

Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior MemberPosts: 7,148 Senior Member
If you didn't know this already:

Our own witty and talented Stephen Bowers sent in this email conversation about California Democrat Dianne Feinstein’s disgusting quote about why veterans shouldn’t enjoy the rights that we do. He also added the great response from Los Angeles Times Columnist Burt Prelutsky. It’s important that we keep reminding people about all of the anti-freedom ideas and programs that the Democrats push every day – at the very least to say we told you so when the Democrats actually finish “fundamentally changing America.”

Quote of the day by Dianne Feinstein..........

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms." Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee...
and the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right.

Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flays about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill."

Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'.

The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

Columnist Burt Prelutsky,
Los Angeles Times

Now, some disagree that that is actually what Feinstein said. But you can watch her spew her anti-vet, anti-gun rhetoric here... it sure sounds like she is saying "since we can't know for sure which vets have PTSD - they should all lose their 2nd Amendment rights."

It's just another example of Democrats trying to chip away at our Constitutionally Guaranteed Freedoms.
JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,737 Senior Member
    I'd expect nothing less from Ms. Swine. At least she had the balls to say it on the record.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,148 Senior Member
    LOL...I always thought she had a pair, but it worries me these people are so bold to say that in public.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    I am no fan of that woman or most of the CA democrats for that matter. She is way out in left field. I'd be interested to see the video or transcript from a reputable source. What you quote sounds downright crazy, even coming from her.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,672 Senior Member
    That email has floated around since last year. As much as I despise the so called woman, it has been shown over and over that she did not say that exactly.
    But she did talk about those with PTSD should not be allowed to purchase weapons, then questioned how the seller would know if a vet suffered from it.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/03/foghorn/feinstein-veterans-all-have-ptsd-and-are-crazy-so-shouldnt-own-modern-rifles/

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/feinstein.asp

But she is a total back stabbing **** and will do and say anything to grab guns
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Not surprising since 70% of all vets are conservative in regards to constitutional rights. Act 1-The first step in disarmament is to equate those who have the military knowledge and skill to train a citizen army or militia as mentally ill or as a potential terrorist threat. Act 2- [the stage is set] Look for a military "vet" (manchurian candidate) to go off the deep end. Act 3- All vets will then be required to go through some form of federally mandated psychiatric testing after military service has ended. Act 4- All military vets will no longer be able to own firearms. Act 5- The Second Amendment will then be repealed and citizens will no longer be able to own firearms. Act 6- Genocide.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    I am no fan of that woman or most of the CA democrats for that matter. She is way out in left field. I'd be interested to see the video or transcript from a reputable source. What you quote sounds downright crazy, even coming from her.
    You trying to hide your liberal leanings.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    The next to last paragraph admits that it wasn't an exact quote, but that the statement meant that.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    You trying to hide your liberal leanings.

As you well know I'm more of a center fielder who shades towards left field. Feinstein plays outside the foul line in left field. Then again from the right field foul line it's hard to tell the difference I guess.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    ...What you quote sounds downright crazy, even coming from her.

"If I could have gotten the 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up everyone of them Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in. I would have done it"

Does that sound "crazy" enough for ya? Keep drinking the kool-aid.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    Not sure why this statement would offend more than anything else she says. . .

She doesn't think that ANYONE should be allowed to own firearms. Vets are just crazier than anyone else who would want one.:roll:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Then again from the right field foul line it's hard to tell the difference I guess.

:rotflmao:
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    Fella's the move against Veterans owning weapons has already started...in my opinion

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/03/obama-administration-proposes-new-executive-actions-on-gun-background-checks/

This targets Vets. Everyone gets a head check now when we return. Anyone that gets flaged as a head case is sent for more treatment. The issue gets worse because most Head docs the Army hires now only through various drugs at the matter...Rather than actually treat the issues through other means.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    How do you put words in someones mouth....Ever ownder if you could really do that? Strap them down and go after them with alphabet soup. Rip pages out of the dictionary and make them eat it...

Damn I'm bored...
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Not surprising since 70% of all vets are conservative in regards to constitutional rights. Act 1-The first step in disarmament is to equate those who have the military knowledge and skill to train a citizen army or militia as mentally ill or as a potential terrorist threat. Act 2- [the stage is set] Look for a military "vet" (manchurian candidate) to go off the deep end. Act 3- All vets will then be required to go through some form of federally mandated psychiatric testing after military service has ended. Act 4- All military vets will no longer be able to own firearms. Act 5- The Second Amendment will then be repealed and citizens will no longer be able to own firearms. Act 6- Genocide.

You made a large jump from Act 4 to Act 5. There are millions and millions of gun owning and patriotic Americans. Repealing the 2A is irrelevant at that point. It's my birthright, not a grant by the Constitution. It would not be "civil" unrest.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    Now, some disagree that that is actually what Feinstein said. But you can watch her spew her anti-vet, anti-gun rhetoric here... it sure sounds like she is saying "since we can't know for sure which vets have PTSD - they should all lose their 2nd Amendment rights."
    If it came from Swinesteins mouth it was anti-gun, anti-American, and anti-vet. It's her typical crap, and I don't care if it's not exactly right. She nauseates me. Her and that other stinking commie, Ms. "please don't call me ma'am" Babs Boxer.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Therefore we must not agree with restricting firearms to the mentally ill since the definition of mentally ill can change even to include anyone who would defend his country. Thanks SENATOR (since Ma'am isn't good enough for you even though it is perfectly acceptable when addressing the queen of England after the first "your majesty") for confirming my suspicions.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Not sure why this statement would offend more than anything else she says. . .

She doesn't think that ANYONE should be allowed to own firearms. Vets are just crazier than anyone else who would want one.:roll:

She doesn't think anyone EXCEPT HER should be allowed to own firearms, she has a permit I understand.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,536 Senior Member
    As you well know I'm more of a center fielder who shades towards left field. Feinstein plays outside the foul line in left field. Then again from the right field foul line it's hard to tell the difference I guess.

Alph

Your first base is where 3rd used to be. Because you are on the field after a drunk monkey re lined it, doesnt mean you are playing in what has been center field.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,536 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Then I call BS. That amounts to putting words in someone's mouth. That is PRECISELY the kind of crap we don't need.
    There is no problem with that. If you were to expound for 4 pages about bruins defecating and the fact that it is a reoccuring experiance that they will likely continue with for as long as we have bears with or without us questioning their bowel movments, and I paraphrase it as he said "CJP discovers that yes, bears poop in the woods." does not mean I am wrong, it means that the overwordiness that you used to make it sound like you had an idea that was valuable got summarized.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,112 Senior Member
    I believe this is what Feinstein actually said:

If I understand this, this [amendment] adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose [sic] in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.

The amendment in question was an assault weapons ban that would provide an exemption for retired/current military and LE to purchase "assault weapons."

Feinstein objected to allowing current and former military access to the assault weapons because
    a. She thought it would be too hard to verify that they were current or former military
    b. She thought it would be too hard to verify if they had PTSD.

The line of logic and disconnect is so twisted and convoluted on this it's like a pile of spaghetti. First off, there's the whole special-class exemption process. Then she doesn't know that PTSD has been documented to some extent since the Civil War. Odd, I think she lived through that war. Then there's the issue of thinking it's hard to document if someone's a veteran (it's not, Lowe's and Home Depot do it all the time for savings) and then there's the issue of releasing medical records.

She did later say this at another meeting:
    I think it’s a mistake to paint so broadly as to say that any active duty military or veterans can’t use these kinds of weapons or any other lawful weapons for self-defense, and certainly I wouldn’t want to suggest that we think people who served in the military all suffer from some debilitating illness that would prohibit them from being able to defend themselves.

Source:
    http://www.factcheck.org/2013/04/twisting-feinsteins-words-on-military-vets/
    It's leaning towards Feinstein, but it does have the actual quotes of what she said. Just figured since the question of what she actually said was out there, it should be answered.
    Overkill is underrated.