Mark Wahlberg of "Shooter" and "Lone Survivor"

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,104 Senior Member
Link to an article about Mr. Wahlberg. I knew he'd been convicted of a felony and couldn't own firearms, but had never thought of this....

Some of his role have given him training in firing and handling a firearm. Has he violated the terms of his punishment in going through this training?

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=10699
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    "Celebrities" get a free pass...
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    It's actually not that hard in most cases and most states to get your rights reinstated. Many non-violent felony convictions are automatically expunged from your record after a certain period of time, especially if committed as a juvenile like Mr. Wahlbergs was. Of course, for the most part LEO's mainly just used that as a tack on crime to hold and put pressure on criminals they catch doing, or potentially about to do other bad things. Here's a NYT article complaining about how easy it is for felons to get their rights reinstated:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/14/us/felons-finding-it-easy-to-regain-gun-rights.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    Pretty sure he is also an anti-gun hypocrite
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,104 Senior Member
    oh yeah, he is. It's referenced in the article.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    Did not read, sorry
    NRA Benefactor Member
    No worries.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    What a serious DB.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    He's just another DB that thinks because he got Hollywood money he is now smart and knows what's best for all of us..

You are correct. He can be next to take a turn at that rolling donut.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    I thought I read somewhere that Donnie Wahlberg is also anti gun, yet he plays a Det. in Blue Bloods weekly. So many Actor's and Actresses that are anti gun make their living in movies using firearms, what Hypocrite's.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    It's actually not that hard in most cases and most states to get your rights reinstated. Many non-violent felony convictions are automatically expunged from your record after a certain period of time, especially if committed as a juvenile like Mr. Wahlbergs was. Of course, for the most part LEO's mainly just used that as a tack on crime to hold and put pressure on criminals they catch doing, or potentially about to do other bad things. Here's a NYT article complaining about how easy it is for felons to get their rights reinstated:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/14/us/felons-finding-it-easy-to-regain-gun-rights.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I don't know about the "People's Republic of Mass." but I'm thinkin' and maybe I need to research it before I open my mouth, but I'll go out on a limb here and say I "THINK" in Texas if you are convicted of a "VIOLENT" crime, you may not ever can get those rights back.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member

Wow! If Wahlbergs felony wasn't a violent one, I'd sure like to know what is. Minor or not, there's no way he should get any rights reinstated. I wonder if he votes?
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Wow! If Wahlbergs felony wasn't a violent one, I'd sure like to know what is. Minor or not, there's no way he should get any rights reinstated. I wonder if he votes?

He just spews his liberal D baggery into impressionable young minds...voting by proxy.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    He attacked 2 Vietnamese men on two separate instances while yelling racial epithets, leaving one man blind. He also threw rocks and yelled racial insults at some black schoolchildren multiple times.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,936 Senior Member
    On a completely different note, the new A&E show "Wahlburgers" premiered tonight, AFTER Duck Dynasty, 2 minutes into the show and to me it is a blatant commercial for their restaurant chain, piggy backing on Duck Dynasty.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,061 Senior Member
    Just rambling here....I've noticed that a lot of the anti-gun celebrities are East-Coasters. Could it be that their lack of exposure to firearms at an early age and the places they were brought up have a lot to do with their sentiments? I mean...a kid brought up in New York, Boston, etc..how much exposure to guns as an everyday tool did they see?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Don't forget legislation that keeps "good people" from having some of those firearms. If you're shown from an early age that only bad people carry some firearms, what do you think the adult mindset becomes?

One thing I've noticed about Wahlberg's roles... if he's carrying a gun he's generally either a criminal or a cop/LEO. Wonder if HE is trying to give us some kinda message?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 282 Member
    David Gregory's stunt of showing that 30 round mag on TV went unpunished. They'll never punish high profile people.
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19