Home Main Category Personal Defense

Guns and Ammo gets it right!

NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 25,146 Senior Member
...PROVEN PERFORMANCE..........when you need it.

See page 59 of the March 2014 issue.

Remember you saw it here. Federal and G&A both agree.

IT IS THE .327

Replies

• KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »

IT IS THE .327

Of course....I remember when it was the 32 H&R Mag....the 9MM Federal...the 357 Maximum....and all sorts of other funny walks......Ken
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Yeah, my 219 Donaldson Wasp dies and 219 Zipper dies don't get much use any more either! Danged progress.
    I might as well list them on E-Bay with my 30 Herrett dies. :rotflmao:
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Has to be true, editors get replaced for improper magazine content
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

IT IS THE .327
    Of course they can say that, but forgot the rest...............'Proven Performance When You NEED .327 Performance' and it ain't necessary to whip a .357 mag out ...fer small jobs and such a .327 might do' :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Ned, FWIW,

I carry occasionally a S&W 431pd in .32 H&R because it has more punch than a .38 special and 6 shots instead of 5.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Only the 6.8 SPC has been more poorly marketed than the .327 Federal. The smaller diameter of the .327 Federal case should have resulted in 8 round L frame and 10 round N frame revolvers. That would have been very cool, and those revolvers would have been formidable combat guns. J frame guns sticking with 5 rounds would enjoy far slimmer cylinders and easier concealed carry, or, if keeping the same size, could easily be fitted with 6 chambered cylinders.

All lost opportunities, because an ammunition maker was too freaking stupid to work more closely with gunmakers, and coordinate the introduction of the new cartridge with a full range of models chambered to fire it.
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Ned, FWIW,

I carry occasionally a S&W 431pd in .32 H&R because it has more punch than a .38 special and 6 shots instead of 5.

D
    Not sure I agree with your example, but, it is 6 rnds near or the equivalent of the most .38 spl, though I have not actually tested then toe to toe.
    I have .327 and .357 and .327 soft points do penetrate the same as some .357, namely the 125 grain.357.

For Horselips:
    GP 100's are 7 rnds and Blackhawks are 8 and since the .327 has a 45,000 lb chamber pressure that is probably all the rnds that should be in those revolvers.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Not sure I agree with your example, but, it is 6 rnds near or the equivalent of the most .38 spl, though I have not actually tested then toe to toe.
    I have .327 and .357 and .327 soft points do penetrate the same as some .357, namely the 125 grain.357.

For Horselips:
    GP 100's are 7 rnds and Blackhawks are 8 and since the .327 has a 45,000 lb chamber pressure that is probably all the rnds that should be in those revolvers.

Unfortunately, Ruger's revolvers in .327 FM have all been discontinued.
    horselips wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Ruger's revolvers in .327 FM have all been discontinued.
    So have regular Redhawks; it is because they are moving manufacturing

But I see you are right in step with reality again:

http://ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkBlued/models.html