Home Main Category General Firearms

Welcome new blogger Iain Harrison to G&A

bobrienbobrien Posts: 106 Member
All,

Let's do our part to help welcome Top Shot Season 1 one champ, gunsmith, 3-gunner and shooting industry professional Iain Harrison to the fold with his new blog: "For the Love of Competition."

He'll be covering 3-gun, new products geared toward the shooting sports and, really, pretty much anything that has to do with competitive shooting. He'll surely be commenting on Top Shot in there too. Oh, and he's British. We went international with this one: http://www.gunsandammo.com/blogs/for-the-love-of-competition/

Ben O

Replies

• SpkSpk Posts: 4,832 Senior Member
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Six-GunSix-Gun Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Thanks for th heads-up Ben. I'll be having a look shortly.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Cool, looking forward to Iain's blogs
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    I enjoyed him most of all from Season 1 and I think he is a straight-talking guy with wisdom to add to the industry. I look forward to the blogs.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Posts: 12,419 Senior Member
    Welcome!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Posts: 2,614 Senior Member
    Welcome Iain! Looking forward to your contributions.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • BPsniperBPsniper Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    This looks like it will be a good one. Good call!
  • JermanatorJermanator Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    bobrien wrote: »
    Oh, and he's British.

Awesome! Welcome Ian.

There are a few other British guys here already. There is English Bob, Tigman, that orchid dude, and a couple of others. Glad to see you here.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Posts: 6,112 Senior Member
    So New Zealand is a part of the UK now? ;)

Anyway, smart move by G&A. I'm trying to get into the 3-gun game right now, so I'm going to follow this closely.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Posts: 8,606 Senior Member
    Looks good-Welcome Iain!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • NNNN Posts: 25,235 Senior Member
    Read the first one, I hope I can remember to read more.
  • temmitemmi Posts: 230 Member
    bobrien wrote: »
    All,

Let's do our part to help welcome Top Shot Season 1 one champ, gunsmith, 3-gunner and shooting industry professional Iain Harrison to the fold with his new blog: "For the Love of Competition."

He'll be covering 3-gun, new products geared toward the shooting sports and, really, pretty much anything that has to do with competitive shooting. He'll surely be commenting on Top Shot in there too. Oh, and he's British. We went international with this one: http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/09/2...n-competition/

Ben O

I too am looking forward to Iain's blogs.

Snake
  • beartrackerbeartracker Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    I liked the read, I will read more of them, good job Iain.
  • snake284snake284 Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Well, considering my ancestors were over half Britts (The rest are Krauts) I have no problem with the Britt aspect. Only thing is I'm not real big on all that other stuff. I'm just a plain garden variety shooter and hunter that loves rifles and some shot guns and oh yeah what hand guns I have I love, just not on fire over handgun shooting. In my world a hand gun is a tool for self defense mainly. But rifles are a passion and an obsession.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    :applause: Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • NomadacNomadac Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Welcome Iain, I read your first article about 3-gun and it looks very interesting.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Well, considering my ancestors were over half Britts (The rest are Krauts) I have no problem with the Britt aspect. Only thing is I'm not real big on all that other stuff. I'm just a plain garden variety shooter and hunter that loves rifles and some shot guns and oh yeah what hand guns I have I love, just not on fire over handgun shooting. In my world a hand gun is a tool for self defense mainly. But rifles are a passion and an obsession.

To further elaborate, I must say that when I see a Britt that's a gun man, I welcome him/her with open arms. So even though I am not on fire over Three Gun and the other stuff, I recognize that it is good healthy gun stuff. Welcome Ian and any other Britt to this forum. I love it because GB needs a shot of Independent gun owning thinkers. I had to work on my buddy, Nicolas, who's from the Isle of Wight, on guns for a long time before I finally turned his head. He finally conceded that my arguments on private gun ownership held water the last time he was here, in May, 2007. However, he still would get squeemish when I'd watch the Outdoor Channel, LOL!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    To further elaborate, I must say that when I see a Britt that's a gun man, I welcome him/her with open arms. So even though I am not on fire over Three Gun and the other stuff, I recognize that it is good healthy gun stuff. Welcome Ian and any other Britt to this forum. I love it because GB needs a shot of Independent gun owning thinkers. I had to work on my buddy, Nicolas, who's from the Isle of Wight, on guns for a long time before I finally turned his head. He finally conceded that my arguments on private gun ownership held water the last time he was here, in May, 2007. However, he still would get squeemish when I'd watch the Outdoor Channel, LOL!!!

That's exactly where I am. The three gun games do nothing for me. I've had friends try to pull me into it, but I can't muster even a whimper for it. That said, it's great to see a Brit do his thing (and win) on a US show and I applaud his accomplishments. There's nothing to dislike about another person writing about his guncraft from an experienced perspective.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • bobrienbobrien Posts: 106 Member
    So, the reaction here seems the opposite of the last blog we introduced. Hopefully, we can keep the good vibes rolling. I think you're really going to like the next blog we introduce. It might even have a forum member or two in the author role.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Posts: 14,103 Senior Member
    Funny thing is... Top Shot was pretty poorly received at first...
    Meh.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Posts: 6,112 Senior Member
    Funny thing is... Top Shot was pretty poorly received at first...

They really cleaned it up for the second season, IMO...
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    I wouldn't mind top shot if it had not taken on the role of the show survivor. The voting off garbage turns me away. Why cant we just have a show on competition and skill alone??? Anyhow, welcome Iain. I read the first of the new blog...... Seems promising.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Posts: 18,356 Senior Member

Uhhh guys? I believe that Iain has moved to the U.S. and either has become or is becoming a citizen...In either event, he's welcome here on the board and in our country....

That shootout at the end of season 2 was a serious display of weapons skills...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    I don't think what I said was exactly negative. What is it with you today? All I did was welcome the guy. Everything i say you have something to say about it. Last time I checked we still have a right to our opinion.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Posts: 18,356 Senior Member
    Nope partner...nothing negative in your post at all...just adding the info that Iain lives here...
    Sorry if it appears that I've been picking on you...relax..I still love ya ...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"