Home Main Category Hunting

Well, That Barefoot Hog Skinner Finally Scored!

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,429 Senior Member
That Barefoot Filipina Hogskinning Coconut Tree Climbing Jungle Woman finally shot her a hog today. She hit it bang flop dead in the neck at 40-50 yards with her .243 with a Hornady 80 grain Superformance Hollow Point which was zipping along at about 3425 FPS out the Muzzle (IS What it says on the box anyway). Hey, that's the only ammo I could find for it in two counties. But it worked like a charm. It's not what I would have preferred to feed it for her first hog , but that's all we had and I don't have a Die set or bullets for it yet.

Anyway, no pics yet, and it will be tomorrow because I'm too tired to mess with Photobucket tonight. But I'll get em up loaded tomorrow. Anyway, I'll put a pic or two of her skinning some deer until I can get the hog on there.

IMG_0593_zps00a1d406.jpg

IMG_0598_zps2b12bfb6.jpg

There. Some of you will remember this from back on the first weekend of deer season here, as she skinned our two deer we shot that opening weekend of November 2, 3, 2013. She skinned and quartered her hog tonight too, but she had shoes on this time cpj. It were a tad cool to be barefooted tonight.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Good news, Snake! I've got an invite to go hog hunting, but it's over in South Carolina- - - - -not out the back door! I've got a pretty good source for 100 grain softpoint .243 bullets if you're interested. That won't cure the lack of dies, but it would get you a little closer to rolling your own ammo!
    Jerry
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,519 Senior Member
    Nice job!! I got some .243 dies if you want them. I don't load for it.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    :cool2::applause: Imu time!!!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Good news, Snake! I've got an invite to go hog hunting, but it's over in South Carolina- - - - -not out the back door! I've got a pretty good source for 100 grain softpoint .243 bullets if you're interested. That won't cure the lack of dies, but it would get you a little closer to rolling your own ammo!
    Jerry

Well in case I forgot to tell you, you have a standing invite right here too. Just let me know when so I'll be in town.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Good deal snake. Tell her congrats.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Will do Farm Boy. I created a monster when I took her deer hunting and she killed a deer. Now she about gave up her life's passion, Golf, for hunting. At least here lately.
    Here, as I promised, I hope at least, are some picks of the affair.

IMG_0719_zps6f68eed8.jpg

IMG_0721_zps0e57dd90.jpg

I didn't get any of her cleaning it, because it was cold and we were both tired last night after wrestling with the hog.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Your woman doesn't play! Congrats to her on smoking that porker.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Your woman doesn't play! Congrats to her on smoking that porker.

Thanks Six, and you're right, she is serious as death even when she's hunting, fishing, or playing golf, just as she is about her job. She worked for the School district as a custodian for a couple of years, got promoted to Head Custodian at the county high school, then got promoted to Supervisor over all the schools. She got tired of waiting for a long promised raise, as the school district had put a freeze on raises except it seems for those who were kin to the right people, so she quit to become a jailer and is now certified by the State. She likes her job and is good at it. She's like "John Wayne Toilet Paper!" She's rough and tough and doesn't take any crap off anybody, :tooth:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,291 Senior Member
    Cool to see her getting excited about hunting, you are going to be eating good with her hunting AND cooking for you.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Cool to see her getting excited about hunting, you are going to be eating good with her hunting AND cooking for you.[/QUO]

You said it Chiro, this woman's culinary art is not a joke. She can damn near make a pooh sandwich taste good (not that I have any experience with that particular scenario), :yikes::tooth:
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »

You said it Chiro, this woman's culinary art is not a joke. She can damn near make a pooh sandwich taste good (not that I have any experience with that particular scenario), :yikes::tooth:

That's just what you think.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Well she scored again last night. Yeah, she shot a Cotton Tail on the way out of the lease. We didn't see any hogs but there were rabhits everywhere. This woman's hunt crazy. She can't get enough of it.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,143 Senior Member
    Congrats to the Mrs!....perfect eating size piggy...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,193 Senior Member
    Congrats to the Mrs.
    You best watch out, she might start taking over your hunting blind.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »

very happy for you and Her Mike
    Weatherby wrote: »
    very happy for you and Her Mike

Thanks Weatherby, she is one in a million. Anyway thanks everybody. I wish I could get her to the SE shoot. But she's pretty busy at the jail and uses vacation for trips to the Philippines.

And Diver, thank God I have a big blind. Well not the one we've been shooting pigs out of, but my main deer blind is big enough for 3 if needed. We've been shooting pigs out of my portable home made blind made of pvc
    with camo netting laced around it. But she might kick me out of that because she says it's too small.

You're right on cpj. And this woman fights like a man. I've seen her in action. She's fast and hits like her mentor, Manny Paquiao. She strikes like a cobra. Some of the deputies that know her have told me they've seen her against drunk unruly prisoners and they couldn't believe how that 5'1" little girl could bring down a 6'2" man like that. She says it's all in knowing where to hit and doing it fast. Anyway, I don't mess with her.......:jester:
    Jayhawker wrote: »

Yep Jayhawker, I thought it was a sow when we first saw it, but it was a fairly young little boar, about 130 pounds. That's what she wanted to shoot was a smaller one.
    Anyway, last night we went rabbit hunting. It was colder than a well digger's butt in January. But this time we took the Mossberg 500 20 ga. What a pleasure to shoot. This is a gun I bought at one of my fav. LGS used. It is in immaculate shape and shoots and patterns fantastic. I didn't miss a rabbit. She shot one but it crossed under the fence right before she shot it. I know she hit it because it flew up about 2 feet. She didn't want to cross that fence and I couldn't find it. She then left the shooting to me and she, with her Bat Woman eyes, spotted for me. God she can see. Anyway, I shot 7 cotton tails and lost one. I think it took to the underground. I was shooting of all things Win. AA 9 shot. They kill rabbits like lightning. She took some pics with her phone but she took it to work this morning so I don't have the pics. She cleaned them while I went to McDonalds and got some food. Don't ever let this woman get hungry, she gets MEAN!!! Hehehehehehehe! I kid you not!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    This is serious now! Time to take her to Cabelas for some official lady hunting duds :cool2:

Wambli, this is a country girl from the Visayas area of the Philippines. She is very simplistic and Wally World is her second home. She will go in fancy stores and Oggle at things but never buy there. Then she goes back to Wally World and looks for something similar but CHEAP! One thing about her though that I love is her taste in food. She won't spend more than 20 bucks on clothes but if she sees good food she'll spend $50-$100. We do eat well.
    That's just what you think.

OK maybe it's not what I think, but it's what I Hope hehehehehehe :yikes::zzzz::confused::rotflmao: