Home Main Category Personal Defense

Fla. jurors deliberate in loud music killing trial

2»

Replies

• N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    From what I have gleaned of this: LOCK HIM UP!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    A few years ago, a particularly obnoxious jerk in Nashville left his rap blasting and his driver's window down when he went into a convenience store to make a purchase. I watched a guy pour a whole quart of motor oil onto the driver's seat of the car, then climb into his own vehicle and drive off!
    Jerry

OK, can't resist...after he sat in the motor oil did they start calling him...............................................

Drum roll......................................................................................................................................

scroll down..................

SLICK WILLIE :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::spittingcoffee::spittingcoffee::spittingcoffee:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    N320AW wrote: »
    From what I have gleaned of this: LOCK HIM UP!

Thing is, he's already been convicted of several charges and has a mandatory 60 year sentence so far, he'll be 107 before he's eligable for parole. What they're trying to do is get an additional first degree murder charge on him which is really moot and a huge waste of time and taxpayer's money.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Moral of the story > Learn to like loud rap music.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Bullgator wrote: »
    Once again the Florida States Attorneys Office overcharges (as they did in the Zimmerman case and the Anthony case). No way they were going to make First Degree Murder charges stick. It's not like the guy hunted the kid down and shot him. If they had charged with Second Degree Murder, Dunn would have been convicted of that (IMHO). It almost seems the SA is rigging these cases to fail in order undermine SYG.

No, jurors are p***ies. If they don't "over charge" then those jurors of such grand resolve and conviction have no room to make lesser decisions their weak and feeble minds are "comfortable with".
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Moral of the story > Learn to like loud rap music.

Well, they are already dumb for hurting their hearing and will go deaf. I wonder if they can "Rap" with sign language later when they are deaf and dumb(er).
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    No, jurors are p***ies. If they don't "over charge" then those jurors of such grand resolve and conviction have no room to make lesser decisions their weak and feeble minds are "comfortable with".

Perhaps you've haven't been empanelled on enough juries. I have, in both superior and federal courts, and one mock jury. Most jurors are not wusses. I have been on civil cases, a burglary case, 2 drug cases, and 2 murder cases, and each time my fellow jurors and I worked very hard, weighing and considering literally every word of testimony from each witness, and carefully examining every exhibit, from each juror's point of view, before arriving at a unanimous finding of fact. Which, BTW, doesn't always happen - the last murder trial jury I served on was hung 10-2. We found out after the trial that we were the third jury to be hung on this case. This defendant was finally found not guilty on his fourth trial.

Here in Arizona, jurors are allowed to question witnesses during trials, and we often ask better questions than the attorneys. I have found jury duty stimulating and exciting, even fun, and I would love to serve again.
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Reports are that one juror stated that the vote was 10-2 in favor of conviction at first and wound up 10-3 favoring a murder conviction.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/19/justice/florida-loud-music-case/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    All the above, plus..... what contributing member of society goes to a convenient store for wine anyways?

Kroeger's has better prices on wine, frankly, I liked the Mellon flavored alcoholics ghetto cocktail (Not real wine) they ( Boonesburry sp?) discontinued......

BTW and by the by, it is a convenience store, concealed carry, not conceal & carry or cash and carry.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996