Home Main Category Personal Defense

Concealed Carry Pistol For A Woman

2»

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    That's how it worked for me
    Highstandard .22 and a and the stick shift Cosmopolitan.

Then .32 S&W long

Did not get to .45 acp until the USMC

Actually worked quite well.

:popcorn:

First gun I ever fired was my Dad's 1911. Not long after I was given a very nice Mossberg .22lr carbine for (I think) my 8th birthday. I've still got the rifle and shoot it occasionally. My sister inherited the 1911 which she sadly sold.

Your having a Cosmo to drive made me smile. My aunt had one and I was allowed to maneuver it around the block on Sunday afternoons when the folks wanted a good laugh.

My first car was the Brit version of a Cosmo, a totally boring Morris Minor, 4 on the floor.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    If I may continue the derail briefly, the first handgun I ever shot was the AMT .45 Hardballer I posted a few months ago, which is still in my safe. The first stickshift I ever drove was Dad's Fiat 850 Coupe, with an 850cc engine and all of about 80hp. You *had* to know how to use the power curve to get it going anywhere, but once you got it, it was a peppy little car!

We now return you to our regularly-scheduled thread, already in progress...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    The nice thing about .22 LR is cost of ammo, a brick of 1000 rounds lasts a long time, that equals lots of trigger time many people could not otherwise afford.

When I was working as an Instructor, plenty of women loved the 1911 .45 acp and did not find it loud or intimidating, however, lots of trigger time helps, and .22 LR helps build confidence that transfers over to better results shooting overall.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996