Home Main Category Hunting

Wife shot rabbits this time.

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,429 Senior Member
We went hog hunting this afternoon, but the full moon is screwing that up. So when it got dark, we went rabbit hunting. We did last week also, but I did the shooting. Tonight that bearfooted hog skinning Jungle Woman did it. She got 4, not bad considering the acute shortage of rabbits tonight.

She's put one in a pot and added a couple pounds of wild hog in with it and is going to make curry with it. It's a Chinese curry and not quite as hot as the indian variety. So we will try it out. Her chicken curry is fantastic and i'm thinking her rabbit curry will top it. It's cool having a woman that can do it all, kill it, clean it, and cook it too,:cool2:
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Not many women wanna go Huntin Wabbits these days...enjoy the chow :guns::guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Tell us how that works out, I've cooked rabbit in a pot with the meat on the bones instead of cutting it off the bones first and it was a nightmare of little bones when cooked.

Frying or baking is a different story.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Ted Nugent's book. Kill it and Grill it.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    She needs her own hunting show. Good job!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,580 Senior Member
    This is very cool.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Not many women wanna go Huntin Wabbits these days...enjoy the chow :guns::guns:

I will Chief and thanks. BTW I don't mean to brag on her, but I am equally amazed at a woman like this. I wake up in the morning and think about what she can and will do and I can't believe it. I've, like most everybody here, got a mother, three daughters and a Step daughter, My wife's daughter. None of them come close to my wife Fe. I am humbled and amazed, hehehe! And to watch her skin and quarter an animal will make your jaw drop, and like I say, I'm not bragging, just amazed. And you think that's amazing, you should see her nailing down roof shingles or tin, or tying Rebar and pouring Concrete! Sometimes I gotta get her naked just to make sure this is the WOMAN I married!!!
    :yikes::tooth:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Dr. db wrote: »
    Ted Nugent's book. Kill it and Grill it.

Hey I love Ted and am Sure he has some fantastic recipes in that book, but we're dealing with a Filipina here and she puts an Asian slant on things, No pun intended Slanteyed, HEHEHE!

And Slanteyed, you got that right. Think about it! She's going to grind up wild hog now for eggrolls. We have lots of hog to work with. She also makes a dynamite Filipino treat known as Beef Tapa, make that Ramong Baboi (Wild hog). Her Adobo is also fantastic. Nope, Ned, No rotten eggs this time!!! :roll2:
    snake284 wrote: »
    Hey I love Ted and am Sure he has some fantastic recipes in that book, but we're dealing with a Filipina here and she puts an Asian slant on things, No pun intended Slanteyed, HEHEHE!

And Slanteyed, you got that right. Think about it! She's going to grind up wild hog now for eggrolls. We have lots of hog to work with. She also makes a dynamite Filipino treat known as Beef Tapa, make that Ramong Baboi (Wild hog). Her Adobo is also fantastic. Nope, Ned, No rotten eggs this time!!! :roll2:

Now we're getting down to business. We went to Walmart after we got home last night on our way home and bought a portable rechargeable 1125 Lumin Spotlight. Now we can hunt from our blind after dark instead of driving the truck out there. It's not as powerful as my Q-Beam which is 1600+ lumins and I think 3 million candle power, but it's over half as strong and I don't need it for spotting channel Markers a half a mile away. For spotting hogs at <100 yards it's plenty big and spotting rabbits from the truck is a no brainer because you can damn near do that with a flash light. I see more rabbits and hogs in our future.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I have had Malaysian curry, also not as hot, I liked it better however.

You should brag on her, why not ? I wish I had a wife like that, you are indeed very very lucky man , being alone sux soooooo very much.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I have had Malaysian curry, also not as hot, I liked it better however.

You should brag on her, why not ? I wish I had a wife like that, you are indeed very very lucky man , being alone sux soooooo very much.

Yeah, that's kinda the way I was thinking about it. And there is never a dull moment because with our cultural differences we're always surprising each other.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I met some very nice Filipino gals in My younger daze, already married, most of them also spoke Spanish, so We would confuse people trying to listen in, by speaking Spanish very rapidly with enough slant in it to throw off even some Spanish language folks.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I met some very nice Filipino gals in My younger daze, already married, most of them also spoke Spanish, so We would confuse people trying to listen in, by speaking Spanish very rapidly with enough slant in it to throw off even some Spanish language folks.

Most Filipinos nowadays don't speak Spanish. There's a Province or two there where Spanish is the dialect down off Mindanao, but there are about 73 other more prominent dialects spoken in the Philippines. On my wife's island, there are two dialects. On the north side of Negros, the province is Negros Occidental. On the South side is Negros Oriental. In Negros Occidental, my wife's province, they speak Illongo and in Negros Oriental they speak Cebuano. My wife actually speaks both, plus most all Filipinos also Speak Tagalog. There's a lot of Spanish mixed in those dialects but most of it is in the form of the nouns, Such as Zapatero-Cobbler, Panadero- baker, Abugado- Lawyer, etc.

At some point in the 20 Century, it became very unpopular to speak Spanish there, sort of like it became unpopular to speak German here around WWI. There were still some people there that remembered the country under Spanish Rule or heard about it from their parents and grandparents, and a majority of Filipinos wanted to forget anything that had to do with Spanish or Spain. Anyway, the schools stopped teaching Spanish and now very few except some older people speak it.

Filipinos do however count in Spanish. Well actually they also can count in their own dialects too. Isa=one, Dalawa=two, Tatlo=three, Apat=four, Lima=five, Anim=six, pito=seven, walo=eight, Siyam=nine, and sampu=ten, that's one through 10 in Tagalog. What's interesting is some of their Tagalog numbers are the same in Bahasa Malaya, or the Malaysian language, such as lima. And my wife's dialect, Illonggo has some Malay numbers in it such as two, or duwa, instead of Dalawa. Dalawa is so close to duwa that you know that these Malay numbers and a lot of Malay language permeates the Philippine languages.

Filipinos are mostly a Malay-Spanish mixture, with some Chinese-Japanese and other Asian blood mixed in. Some people are more pronounced Spanish than anything else, such as my Wife. She has a lot of Spanish blood in her. Her mother was a Valenzuela and her father Villarin. And she looks more Spanish than Asian. You can see a touch of Asian in her eyes, but she has pronounced Spanish features over all. Filipinos are the original Eurasians. Well, other than the few Marco Polo may have left behind in China.