Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Concealed Carry for Blacks?

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,429 Senior Member
Looks like Rahm Emanuel and Chicago politics had a set back here.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/02/21/with-ban-on-concealed-carry-lifted-chicago-residents-learn-to-protect-themselves-n1798521?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm

Looks like more and more black people are getting into Concealed Carry. This blows what the NAACP and other liberal groups have been preaching to blacks for far too long.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Gun rights might be the crowbar that starts to yank apart the Democratic Party's Rainbow Coalition. Today, African Americans, tomorrow, Hispanics! Without 75-95% of the minority vote, the Democrats might have a hard time winning elections. Looks like a fertile mission field for GOA and the NRA to concentrate their outreach.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    About time they learned that most gun control laws started with Jim Crow and started to reverse that trend...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Gun rights might be the crowbar that starts to yank apart the Democratic Party's Rainbow Coalition. Today, African Americans, tomorrow, Hispanics! Without 75-95% of the minority vote, the Democrats might have a hard time winning elections. Looks like a fertile mission field for GOA and the NRA to concentrate their outreach.

I think you may be right on here.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    About time they learned that most gun control laws started with Jim Crow and started to reverse that trend...
    At that time the whites in the North and South were terrified that the now free black subhuman savages would murder them all! Now it looks like the "persons of color" want to murder themselves! Why? I was taught to only judge people with actual face to face contact individually. Now many people can be judged collectively by their politics. Extreme left or right. This is not helping us. I just want fiscal responsibility. Is that extreme?
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    At that time the whites in the North and South were terrified that the now free black subhuman savages would murder them all! Now it looks like the "persons of color" want to murder themselves! Why? I was taught to only judge people with actual face to face contact individually. Now many people can be judged collectively by their politics. Extreme left or right. This is not helping us. I just want fiscal responsibility. Is that extreme?

They did not murder their former slavers because in freedom they understood the sanctity of that very freedom.

Today...much different.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    But what I'm getting at here is that slowly but surely the fact that we should all have a right to protect ourselves and family from the scumbags that would take advantage of the innocent law abiding citizen, no matter what his/her color may be. This is REAL progress, that the so called progressives will ignore or try to reverse.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Renton, WashingtonPosts: 2,598 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Looks like a fertile mission field for GOA and the NRA to concentrate their outreach.

Which they should have been **** for YEARS, just like conservatives. I should not be a double minority.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I have noticed an increase in black folks at shootin ranges the past 5 years, more than I can remember. This is a good thing. Also, more looking at and discussing what gun for CCW at gunshops. I don't discriminate and I wholeheartedly welcome law abiding citizens from any ethnic background to exercise their RKBA and join in on the fun.

I used to see the occasional GI, Cop, prison guard or hunter, but have noticed more even bringing their families into the shootin sports. This is a Win Win for us all.:guns::guns::applause:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    It's good to see law-abiding people of all ethnic varieties exercising their 2nd. Amendment rights There have always been armed black folks- - -just not the ones we want to be packing!. A LGS in Nashville where I used to do a lot of business had an indoor range, and a selection of rental guns on display behind the counter. The sign said "Yes! We rent guns!" A huge public housing project was half a mile up the street. I was at the shop one day when a local gangbanger came in wearing the standard thug uniform- - - -baggy pants, do-rag, gold grill, prison tattoos, etc. Here's the conversation- - - - -"I wanna rent dat Glock nine up there!" Counter guy- - - -"OK, how many targets do you need to buy?" Gangsta- - - -"Targets? Why would I wanna buy any targets?" Counter guy - - -"Well, you'll need something to shoot at down on the range." Gangsta- - - -"I don' wanna shoot no M O F O targets- - - -I just need to rent the gun for a coupla hours!"

No, he didn't get the gun!
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Corvallis, OregonPosts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Don't the libtards claim black guns are dangerous?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    If you want to see a liberal squirm show the pic with Malcolm X and his banana magazine. I think it was in this forum in an earlier thread. Then say that you understand that they want black men and women to be inadequately armed (with a shotgun) when 30 KKK members come calling but you don't understand why they want those people to be defenseless.
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Soon to be in TexasPosts: 1,503 Senior Member
    ... but when enough liberals and democratic voters become gun owners that they make it painful enough on democratic politicians that they can no longer continue to support restricting gun rights.

Good luck with that.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Yeah and I will probably need it when so many conservatives keep up that kind of attitude...we need to move away from framing the 2A as being a conservative vs. liberal issue, to framing it as a key enabler of the basic, universal human right to self defense.

Alpha that is one of the simplest and universally correct things you have said on here

IOU :beer:
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    But what I'm getting at here is that slowly but surely the fact that we should all have a right to protect ourselves and family from the scumbags that would take advantage of the innocent law abiding citizen, no matter what his/her color may be. This is REAL progress, that the so called progressives will ignore or try to reverse.
    Teach wrote: »
    It's good to see law-abiding people of all ethnic varieties exercising their 2nd. Amendment rights There have always been armed black folks- - -just not the ones we want to be packing!. A LGS in Nashville where I used to do a lot of business had an indoor range, and a selection of rental guns on display behind the counter. The sign said "Yes! We rent guns!" A huge public housing project was half a mile up the street. I was at the shop one day when a local gangbanger came in wearing the standard thug uniform- - - -baggy pants, do-rag, gold grill, prison tattoos, etc. Here's the conversation- - - - -"I wanna rent dat Glock nine up there!" Counter guy- - - -"OK, how many targets do you need to buy?" Gangsta- - - -"Targets? Why would I wanna buy any targets?" Counter guy - - -"Well, you'll need something to shoot at down on the range." Gangsta- - - -"I don' wanna shoot no M O F O targets- - - -I just need to rent the gun for a coupla hours!"

No, he didn't get the gun!
    :roll:
    Jerry

Yup! Having a multi-cultural pro-2A population only strengthens the foundation of the concept.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Soon to be in TexasPosts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Yeah and I will probably need it when so many conservatives keep up that kind of attitude...we need to move away from framing the 2A as being a conservative vs. liberal issue, to framing it as a key enabler of the basic, universal human right to self defense.

It's comical that the left always plays the "okay, let's move away from..." game everytime they become acutely aware of losing voter after voter to conservative or libertarian ideology by their own sheer stupidity. The 2A never was a "conservative/liberal" issue until the contemporary left made it clear that their intent is to repeal the the 2A. Where have you been since Dec 2012? Do you honestly believe that Sen. Feinstein's bill failed in a democratic majority senate because (here's the kicker) **democrat senators suddenly "saw the light" that the 2A is good or that they agree with it??** You're a funny guy Alpha; ... you should do stand up. Those democrat senators were doing nothing but damage control for the mid terms ...nothing more. I trust a leftist democrat as far as I can spit and for you to actually believe that liberals as a whole will find common ground regarding support of 2A rights is akin to believing that a chicken will vote for Col. Sanders.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Let's put it this way. If we assume that on average over time power will be split 50/50 between the parties, if we can get even 20-30% of democratic politicians who strongly support the 2a, that's a very solid supermajority supporting our cause. You may disagree with those democrats on every other issue, but it doesn't matter. We need them if we are ever going to feel remotely safe in terms of our 2a rights.

There you go...throwing logic into the debate.

But, that said...Democrat politicians want government involvement in every aspect of our lives. Self defense is no exception. Responsible self regulation is lost on democrats. Ah hell, it's lost on republicans as well.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member God's countryPosts: 4,646 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    There you go...throwing logic into the debate.

But, that said...Democrat politicians want government involvement in every aspect of our lives. Self defense is no exception. Responsible self regulation is lost on democrats. Ah hell, it's lost on republicans as well.

I'm not defending Republicans, but I'm unaware of a Republican equivalent of a whole souled gun grabber like the arrogant Di-Fi.
    And it was only the carpet bombing of Dems by many of us via emails to Dem Senators up for reelection that kept a new AWB from being passed this last time.
    And that is the only thing that stopped that.
    The only thing.
    I'm hopeful that what with the increase in private gun ownership and CC permit holders the grass roots will turn thing around. Because you will NEVER turn around the Di-Fis of the world.
    Why she and all elected officials like her are not awaiting a date with the hangman I do not know. Actually I do know but i have no individual power.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    Yep, I've been saying this for years. We truly "win", not by converting democrats into republicans (there will always be two parties and no party can hold power for too long), but when enough liberals and democratic voters become gun owners that they make it painful enough on democratic politicians that they can no longer continue to support restricting gun rights.

Alpha, I pray for that day, because when the main line dems get this through their heads then they'll get more common sense through their heads. I'm ready for that.

I'm not here to promote one party, I'm pulling for the American way of life we knew when I was a kid, only to include all Americans of all races and creeds. If we can get by this without the Dems confiscating our guns and taking away our rights then there is hope for us all.
  • DurangoKidDurangoKid Member WyomingPosts: 183 Member
    Liberalism is about yielding to a strong central government. The Liberals have never had a problem with firearms ownership. They have a problem with "who" owns firearms.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,233 Senior Member
    Alph, problem with your theory is that the universal right to self defense is not supported by those who are the Democrats now and they activly fight against any kind of personal responsibility. They left that behind a long time ago with the move to a nanny state ideology.

Dont tell me that the Dems havent moved waaaaaay left either, I used to be one. In fact my philosophys are not that much farther right than they were when I was a D. Conservatives are the middle of the roaders.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    In the long run, it may be a good thing that we got a black Democrat from Chicago for President. The stereotypical urban black on the government dole may be finally starting to see that electing one of their own does not equate to Christmas, Thanksgiving, and the Fourth of July all rolled into one. That actively seeking firearms for their protection is a boost to 2A rights is just the tip of the iceberg - it's a sign of a move to general self-reliance, which is gonna unravel the whole nanny state scheme in a big way.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee