Detroit police chief ain't playing around...

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,104 Senior Member
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/24/detroit-police-chief-death-threat/5772937/

Even after getting death threats (which by itself is not uncommon), but he went on record at a press conference saying in rebuttal that the police will come looking for them. Good for him. Lord knows Detroit needs some clean up.
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Good fer him, that city has turned into a cesspool of crime and corruption.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,407 Senior Member
    Now if he will just get that indignant about somebody threatening John Q. Citizen- - - - - - -why is it more serious when it's his butt on the bullseye? He comes across as a paranoid wuss!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    Used to be the highest per capita income around IIRC, then in, again IIRC, 1963ish it went down the sewer.
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    There is a huge Iraqi Egyptian and Iraqi population between there and flint... I think they live there so they don't get too home sick.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,597 Senior Member
    :zzzz:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,197 Senior Member
    There is a huge Iraqi Egyptian and Iraqi population between there and flint... I think they live there so they don't get too home sick.
    Dearborn is where you are talking. I will walk around Dearborn after dark-- no problem. The Middle Eastern/North African immigrants I meet are usually good folks. Detroit? I try to avoid that. There are lots of great people in Detroit too, but there are also lots and lots of scum bags.