Home Main Category Personal Defense

It could even happen in a Church

DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior MemberPosts: 9,496 Senior Member
We had an incident Saturday in My church, it was cold and this young guy had no where to sleep, so the decision was made to give him a sleeping bag and accessories and let him sleep there for one night, heated church safe etc.... I know this guy, 29 years old, mentally ill, not known to be violent, but has a tendency to yell at people in the street, another parishioner woke him up early in the morning and asked him to pick up after himself etc.. found him smoking in the bathroom and read him the riot act.

He ends up getting to close to the punk and gets clobbered up falls and whacks his head on everything on the way down, ending up bloody bruised and sore from head to toe.

I have had dealings with this guy before and have sent him on his way too, never letting him get too close to Me on any occasion, the other guy is 59 years old but very frail and doddering and very unstable on his own two feet, I failed to understand his reasoning that his military and martial arts training required him to let this punk hit him first, or how being in a church required him not to defend himself against an aggressor.

He is a person prohibited from owning and CCW due to a felony conviction and very anti-gun in general in the classic sense, this type of thing does serve as a warning, an attack can occur anywhere, but I have seen the proof that We need to be aware at all times and take steps in Our own defense.

Many times it is not necessary to draw a firearm on punks like that, time after time I have seen punks like that stand down when facing someone decisive and assertive, CCW in reserve concealed as a last resort.

Maybe I am cruel, but it is hard for Me to feel sympathy for anti-gun people that get attacked, when they spout the vitriol and pablum wablum puke of the gun control clack and refuse to carry even a key chain made for self defense.

It seems to Me that you can't teach these anti-gun types anything when it comes to self defense, little wonder when some young creep wipes the floor with them, especially when all he had to do was lock himself in the office and call me on his cell phone and let Me deal with the punk as I have done so many times before, I guess the punk did not like his impersonation of Gunny the Glock spokesman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJAZyQHh9JU

If you are going to bluster at people to bring it on, at least have the means to back it up.

Sometimes I hear people with the physique of a pile of stale moldy bread-sticks wrapped in cottage cheese talking, I chuckle as they describe their great whacking prowess in dealing with young street punks.

" I can pick them up and slam them down on my knees they claim" knowing full well how fragile their bones are.
"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    It is what happens when you get old and live in your past.

OH,
    Welcome Aboard
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    You know, I never really thought of it like that, at least in this instance.

It is what happens when you get old and live in your past.

It is what happens when you get old and live in your ***donkey. ROFLMAO !!!!

Why can't I post smileys ? :tooth:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    mocantina.gif

We nave pulled your credentials.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Not to mention the kid is going to feel self-entitled to stay wherever he wants now--if he doesn't already.

This isn't a lesson in self defense weapons, but a lesson in don't give beggars anything and don't confront the same self-entitled d-bags who feel like they own the place you allowed them to stay at fool heartedly.

Bit abrasive and on somewhat of a tangent...

You say he has mental health issues...such as?
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    Without seeing his chart, I do know he is schizophrenic, bipolar, manic depressive, he also uses any street drugs he can lay his hands on, has never had a job and has always been on S.S. disability since forever.

It really is a lesson in self defense and simple weapons, for Me anyway,.

I have a copy of the new revised DSM now, extra study on such matters.
    cpj wrote: »
    Sounds like a PERFECT person to allow to sleep in your church.

Precisely my point.

That man was victimized vicariously by your church's bleeding heart blindness. Drug user? SS recipient? Habitually homeless? Sure, let them in.

Those that take advantage of the system aren't greatful, they are indignant rats.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    "Sounds like a PERFECT person to allow to sleep in your church."

The decision was taken out of My hands by a liberal anti-gun democrat, and the guy beaten up also a liberal anti-gun democrat, what else could you expect ?

And to top it off, tie up the hands of the on post security dude, with years of relevant experience.
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    "Sounds like a PERFECT person to allow to sleep in your church."

The decision was taken out of My hands by a liberal anti-gun democrat, and the guy beaten up also a liberal anti-gun democrat, what else could you expect ?

And to top it off, tie up the hands of the on post security dude, with years of relevant experience.

Sounds like you need a new church.
    Nope, new leadership, new strongly pro-gun non liberal senior pastor me.

I am also on the BOD, it is only a matter of time.
    This is cute, The Portland Police can't find the report, I have the Officers names & badge numbers and incident number date and time, but the actual case number and Police report are missing.
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    This is cute, The Portland Police can't find the report, I have the Officers names & badge numbers and incident number date and time, but the actual case number and Police report are missing.

Has the report made up the chain of command and to records to be adopted in to public record yet?
    As soon as I get the actual report, then they can do something.
  • dlddld Member Posts: 455 Member
    what good would a gun of done? even here in florida with stand your ground it would of been iffy if he feared for his life, pass two killings did not qualify for our stand your ground. If the man could not defend himself he should not of put him self in the situation and a gun would of probably escalated the situation.

Maybe he should of called the police and waited hours for them to show up. Most likely he felt power over the young man because of his authority and was the aggressor in the indecent.
    Pretty good for someone that was not even there.

He did call, it did not take hours, care to come to a few more erroneous conclusions ?

If you had read the original post more carefully, he can't own firearms due to a felony conviction, also being anti-gun too.

"and a gun would of probably escalated the situation."

Spoken like a true gun grabber, give this man a Sarah Brady Doofus award.
    Ok, I am now sick of this mess.

The guy that got beat up is a whiny ninny.
    All he does all day is cry about this kid that mashed him, does nothing about it, then gifts Me with stories about his whacking great prowess.
    He is the textbook liberal anti-gun ninny.