Jeff Gordon's revenge

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberPosts: 3,739 Senior Member
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    That dude was screaming like a little girl. Damnyankee anyway.

WHO WANTS TA GO TA MEXICO!!! :obscurereference:
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    Funny bit, Gordon almost called it off because the mark was getting so upset- Nebraska!
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,226 Senior Member
    That was good. Definitely the right way to show the guy it was no lie.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,459 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    That was good. Definitely the right way to show the guy it was no lie.

I don't get it? They already admitted the original was a fake and they used a stunt driver on closed course...... http://www.hickoryrecord.com/independent_tribune/news/article_0671f852-8b41-11e2-8320-0019bb30f31a.html
    Racer Brad Noffsinger, who works with the Richard Petty Driving Experience, did the stunt work for the production. Actors play all the parts while Troutman employees watched the production.
    Everyone involved in the production signed confidentiality agreements and aren't allowed to talk about it.
    Rain during parts of the shooting added another dimension, including a sliding splash while on the entry road to the old Philip Morris plant where most of the high-speed scenes were shot.
    The video was produced by Gifted You, a division of Will Ferrell’s Funny or Die company. About 75 people were employed during the shooting of the video.

And there is no such thing as a 2009 Camaro.......

gordontopsh.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    I don't get it? They already admitted the original was a fake and they used a stunt driver on closed course......
    And there is no such thing as a 2009 Camaro.......

Correct. It was a standard TV commercial, entertaining but totally fake. Gordon isn't even driving in the filming -- it was a stunt driver.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    Then color me lost, too. Without knowing any background beyond the video posted here, I thought he was trying to show that he did, in fact, drive the guy in the original video "Test Drive" video. Either way, the reaction in this one was well worth the cost of admission.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    The guy riding in the 2nd video did some trash talking on the driving abilities of Gordon was my understanding, that's why he was picked as the mark.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,978 Senior Member
    Regardless, the vid brought a smile to my face.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    cpj wrote: »
    Not much if a NASCAR fan, but.......

:roll2:
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    1965Jeff wrote: »
    The guy riding in the 2nd video did some trash talking on the driving abilities of Gordon was my understanding, that's why he was picked as the mark.

Again, no. Both commercials were made professionally and stunt drivers were used, Jeff Gordon not actually driving at all. And the "marks" were actors. It was all staged, period.

Any idea how much money GM or whomever would have to pay if the mark were a genuinely "surprised" civilian? Bundles.

Don't believe everything you see on the net, gang.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx