Personal Defense strategy

1235»

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Ever watch 2001 ? when the first ape like thing realized a femur was also a considerable weapon ??? he went to town on a skeleton, mashed it to dust, then proceeded to go to town on his fellow ape like creatures to very good effect.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Thank you !!!

I think Lucas y Chaparron has to be some of the funniest comedy routines ever.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • topguntopgun Member Posts: 128 Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Personal Defense strategy 101 / subsection a1 - the get offa Me gun

Many years ago a friend of mine related an account, he was a uniformed officer for NYCPD, and he was following a perp, a guy he had collared a few times before, this guy had a current AW, he followed the perp into a tenement, somehow, the guy got behind him and took his service revolver, as the perp is debating whether or not to shoot him with his own service revolver, Pat manages to draw his High Standard .22 magnum / wallet holster combo from his pocket and neatly dispatch the creep with two shots to the head.

I always liked to carry a full size service sidearm and a "get offa Me" piece, something concealed in a pocket, the theory being, you can draw a pocket piece and not look like you are drawing a gun.

I also theorize that there is no way to draw a piece from the usual locations in many circumstances, as when a perp demands your wallet, act as if you are going to comply, draw your pocket piece and shoot the perp.

The pocket piece then buys you the time you need to draw your main sidearm, the get offa Me gun can be any of the many tiny concealable handguns now available and practice until you are really proficient with it, it should be very reliable and do not skimp on price, get the very best little pocket blaster you can afford.

There is a place for little pocket blasters or mouse guns, even a .380 acp, as a get offa Me gun.
    I carry a "never gonna get on me" gun. Problem solved.
    That is sooooo very nice for you, since you live in a perfect world, I however, live in an imperfect world, and as much as I try to fool Myself, someone could indeed, sneak up on Me, and it may not be possible to draw the regular strong side sidearm, the only other option may be a concealed (BUG) pocket piece.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ......someone could indeed, sneak up on Me.....

This;

hBAB0C5EA

Or this;

d9eacdbbc16433110cbc511a30e89467.jpg

:wink:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

The cat things reminds Me of the time I was checking out a dark dank basement in a tenement, suddenly something flew into My face, a cat had been hiding on a shelf, :yikes: very frightening.
  • topguntopgun Member Posts: 128 Member
    That is sooooo very nice for you, since you live in a perfect world, I however, live in an imperfect world, and as much as I try to fool Myself, someone could indeed, sneak up on Me, and it may not be possible to draw the regular strong side sidearm, the only other option may be a concealed (BUG) pocket piece.

99.99% of the people who visit this forum will never, and I repeat, NEVER even come close to pulling out their main gun, let alone some sort of back-up weapon.

Sometimes us armchair commandos, tend to over think things.

If you had to prepare for all of the "what ifs" real or not, you would never leave your bunker or your armored vehicle.