Wisconsin is getting ccw

Billy GunBilly Gun MemberPosts: 51 Member
Govenor Walker is going to sign the bill next Fri. I'm curious as to what kind of hoops we'll have to jump through and what kind of training is required. Won't be able to untill early November at the earliest.

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,000 Senior Member
    My home state of Illinois is getting surrounded with CCW - you guys now all need to start walking towards Springfield. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,940 Senior Member
    Won't be in soon enough for me for this year.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,256 Senior Member
    All it took was to get rid of thier old bone head governor and elect a man of modern insight. Now if we could just accomplish that same goal her in Illinois:deadhorse:
    Seems we are the only state left in the union that can not be trusted with our own defense.

Sako
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,411 Senior Member
    Many of the instructors who hold classes are reporting that all of a sudden there is a rush to take the class. Go figure, LOL!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,833 Senior Member
    Will WI have any reciprocity with any other states?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Now we can add another state to the ccw list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • Billy GunBilly Gun Member Posts: 51 Member
    It looks like they will allow permit holders from other states to carry here. Kinda vague on if Wisconsin permit holders will be allowed to carry in other states. http://wisconsinconcealedcarry.com
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,940 Senior Member
    Billy Gun wrote: »
    It looks like they will allow permit holders from other states to carry here. Kinda vague on if Wisconsin permit holders will be allowed to carry in other states. http://wisconsinconcealedcarry.com
    I read the article at the link, seems your getting a good law esp, since your going from nothing to that. Looks like people from a couple of states will not be able to carry there since Ak and Vt or at least one of the New England states does not require a permit nor training.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • lightkeeperlightkeeper Member Posts: 168 Member
    Sign me up.Bigslug. This state is sooo behind on so many issues.