Hand Gun Lasers

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
Anyone using them at home?

Recommendations...

Thanks,
Patrick :cool2:

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,855 Senior Member
    I have a LaserMax Unimax... but I have it on my UZI carbine, not on a handgun. It works great, and I deal with LaserMax on a professional level, and they are a great company.
    https://www.lasermax.com/ProductDetails/tabid/127/ProductID/782/Default.aspx

Easy to use and adjust with good battery life.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    I have a crimson trace on my LC9 that I carry everyday. I know you said for home, but I can see where it could be just as useful there also. While there is no way I would every rely on it and it is no substitute for using and knowing how to use your regular manual sights, I believe it is a very useful tool that puts the bullet right where you want it, when and if you were unable to use your regular sights. It is fun also.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    I was thinking they'd be useful in low light situations, especially with these old eyes of mine. Next door neighbor is a SWAT member and he has them on all of his handguns. (he owns no revolvers)
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    I have one on my G22, .40 cal Glock. It was a bear to get adjusted but works great since that was accomplished. Its pretty intimidating, especially after dark..........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I might put ( a Laser ) on an AR-15 for general all purpose use, right now, I have no home De- fences that need mending anyway...... I do like a nice home white Pickett fence I might put up however.

I do not like a laser on My sidearms, even if every SWAT team member carries them.

I just may stick a Laser on a S&W revolver, just to be contrary. :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    I have one on my G22, .40 cal Glock. It was a bear to get adjusted but works great since that was accomplished. Its pretty intimidating, especially after dark..........Robin

Intimidating is a useful factor. Neighbor says that the little red dot on a BG has diffused intentions of malice by the BG on more than occasion.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Intimidation seems a bit of a sore topic for some here, like the claim that racking a shotgun could make a bad-guy beshat themselves and give up doing whatever it was they were doing in the first place.

I have seen it work, I racked, they beshat themselves, confessed it after, simple as that, yet folks tend to poo poo, humbug, twaddle etc such accounts ....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Viridian makes some very nice stuff, I have one on my Walther P-22.
    Got a nice Crimson Trace laser on a little Ruger LCP that works great.
    Las it the Stream light M6 Laser/light combo I am running on an FNP-45

All work great and do what they are supposed to.
    129D6B1D-ACD4-4A73-914E-A7E9BF173AD8-24764-00002A18831E4A05_zpsd550f762.jpg
    3CCF8FD3-A626-4633-ABC1-BA6F4352FF25-24263-00002909E5C7F92C_zpsa92ebdbc.jpg
    RugerLCPCoyoteSpecialpic1.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member