No firearms signs

13»

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I think that with so many retired LEOs of all stripe carrying, and the law having changed, a retired LEO with retiree credentials can carry in any State, there should be less worry about people in particular carrying.

With so many people carrying excessive stuff, computer tablets, phones, flashlights etc.... people bulge now more than ever.

I bulge in ten different directions and my CCW a full size bulges, so far no LEO has ever asked why I am bulging, it is more a personal concern, I think many people are not comfortable carrying but do not like to admit their real concern.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,248 Senior Member
    I bulge without a concealed weapon. I honor the "No Loaded Weapons" signs at gunshows and in gun shops because I respect the owners, and honestly have never seen a No Firearms sign in a Waffle House or even a bank around here, a very gun-friendly area. In the Nov 4 elections, my county voted 70% Republican. Gun friendly, I'd say, although I haven't seen anyone practicing Open Carry, which I'm against because it's rude.

Never been burned carrying back when I was undercover and carried with an attempt at total concealment. Pretty easy if you think about it. I don't think it's all that much of an issue, but it might be in sharp-eyed areas where others live.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Slightly off topic, but a couple days ago the newly elected Tx gubernator Greg Abbott was asked about an open carry law. He said that if the legislature sends him an open carry bill, he'll sign it immediately. And of course in the election, the Tx legislature went even more conservative Republican.

So maybe Texas will have full open carry next year.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I bulge without a concealed weapon. I honor the "No Loaded Weapons" signs at gunshows and in gun shops because I respect the owners, and honestly have never seen a No Firearms sign in a Waffle House or even a bank around here, a very gun-friendly area. In the Nov 4 elections, my county voted 70% Republican. Gun friendly, I'd say, although I haven't seen anyone practicing Open Carry, which I'm against because it's rude.

Never been burned carrying back when I was undercover and carried with an attempt at total concealment. Pretty easy if you think about it. I don't think it's all that much of an issue, but it might be in sharp-eyed areas where others live.

Well you know Superman has X-Ray vision, but I always wondered why Superman was nonchalant about a hail of bullets, but he would duck if anyone threw an empty gun at him !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996