Home Main Category Clubhouse

Affordable care act my rant

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    Just tried to get my wife Insurance. Being on a fixed retirement income, even with low income credits there is no way we can afford it, if we don't get it, we get fined $95.00 a month. We make just enough money that we don't qualify for food stamps or welfare, and yet I see people driving new Caddys or such on welfare, and they have never worked a day in there life. I started working at 10 years old, retired at 61 and got a job and continued working until I was 73, paid all my taxes never on welfare, only collected un-employment once. Someone please tell me why at 76 am I further behind the 8 ball than at any other time in my life. This SOB so called president has taken this once great country and turned it into a **** hole. I know I'm not alone in this, just had to yell at someone, better than kicking the dog.

JAY

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! The dirt bag Dummycraps and career politicians are only interested in the welfare and well being of the squeakiest wheels. Their barometer is their political poll numbers. So you and me we be screwed ROYALLY!

It's almost time to "SHAKE THE TREE OF LIBERTY!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Ask not from whom the subsidy comes.
    It comes from thee.

If you like your plan you can keep it. Sorry I forgot to mention that, in my opinion, the plan you like is crap and you were too stupid to know that. But never fear I'LL save you!
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. And I will bring 16,000,000 more people into the system but not plan for one more doctor. (Good thing it failed or our present doctors would be overwhelmed.)
    And you will save $2,500 per year. Except those of you, who didn't vote for me anyway, will be paying a LOT more.
    I truly do not know if this scheme is working or not, because the statistics have been cooked by both parties. However there is one statistic I know is true, not one Republican voted for it. Maybe they wanted time to read it or they did read it and didn't like it.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »
    This

:win:

Hey you Illinie guys, elect this woman!!! you need to upgrade the Gene Pool in your Gubermint!!!

:applause::cool2::usa:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,135 Senior Member
    Yeah I hear you, but at least most of us young folks will eventually become old geezers someday. Probably better to spread the cost over a lifetime vs. having to pay all at once when entropy eventually starts taking its toll.

Btw the two specfic examples are more pay me now or pay a lot more later. As unpleasant as a buttscope is, it's a heck of a lot more pleasant (and less expensive to deal with) than colon cancer.
    You still aren't getting it. I understand the importance of preventive care, but do 20 somethings really need an annual butt scope? How about 40 somethings? I just looked up my policy again... Seriously, out of the $12k I pay a year for insurance, me and the Mrs. can go in every year and consume a combined $6400 in butt scope services ("free") so we get our money's worth. Every 5 years is just dandy.

I will need a new pacemaker every 7-8 years for as long as I live. They put a 2% tax on those, but butt scopes are free. Why am I mandated to pay insurance for "free" dental services on my kids when I can actually pay cash for those "free" services for less than the insurance costs? My kids get their "free" eye exams on Thursday. We have been paying cash in the past. I will let you how much that freebie is going to run me after their appointment.

It was a liberal wish list and the "free" stuff was used to support some screwed up political agenda. I understand preventive and public health. This goes beyond that.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • shawn1172shawn1172 Senior Member Posts: 588 Senior Member
    I was going to get insurance but opted to pay the fine instead. Coverage was $370 a month plus deductible and co-pays. Sure, I'd love to have insurance. But that much is way too much. I'm 41, great health, non smoker, work out, etc. If I wait I can get on my girlfriends insurance by the end of the year.
    ...and if pacemakers were "free" they would probably want to stuff one of those in me every year as opposed to a probe.
    -Thomas Paine
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    PS birth control is a lot cheaper than childbirth..

You got that right- - - - -why didn't your parents try a little more of it? If just a few more liberals would practice what they preach, the next few generations would have a lot less hypocrites to deal with!
    Jerry
    Of course the fundamental issue that wasn't adequately addressed by Obamacare and was an issue well before is the skyrocketing cost of healthcare. Until that's addressed, we're just arguing over who pays for an unaffordable system.
    And by giving away a bunch of "free" stuff is making it cost more for everyone. When people start learning that colonoscopies cost $3200 and that the $3 pill that your doc is prescribing you that does the same as the 10 cent one. The emergency clinic up the street will stitch up your finger for $150 vs. $500 at the ER. The doctor visit because you have a cold costs $100 vs. The $400 for ER. Glasses cost $25 online vs. $150 at the vision place at the mall. Those $700 worth of lab tests were needless. Did you know that Quest Diagnostics charges $100 more for the same liver enzyme test that the walk-in lab at our local hospital does? An Xray at the radiology lab up the street costs $50 including it being read by a radiologist.

That is how you drive down health care costs.

None of that stuff will be learned with a single payer system nor will it be learned with Obamacare.
    -Thomas Paine
    Jermanator wrote: »
    My kids get their "free" eye exams on Thursday. We have been paying cash in the past. I will let you how much that freebie is going to run me after their appointment.
    $266.50 including glasses for both of them. About $50 less than when I pay cash. I will order their spare sets of glasses online.
    -Thomas Paine
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I just got a letter today from BCBS of Florida telling me that my premium is going up from 594.00 every two months to 536.51 every month because of the ACA. I've had this policy for 11 years and they dropped me last October when I was diagnosed with cancer and would only reinstate me if I signed a rider exempting any issues with polyps, tumors, or my intestines. (where my cancer was found) What they did was in clear violation of the supposed stipulations of obamacare but apparently BCBS gets a pass. I'm not sure if I can afford it.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Steve-- I got dropped back in October (effective 1/1/14) for my less expensive policy. That was a result of Obamacare. One actual bright light about ACA is that whatever ACA plan you sign up for, you will pay the same as everyone else.

Conservatives have a plan for that, so us with pre-existing conditions won't be left in the cold and still be insured, but what Obamacare is now is a freaking nightmare.
    -Thomas Paine