Home Main Category Clubhouse

2 meals, 2 forum members (Eli & Tennmike)

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 22,419 Senior Member
My "ramblitis" flare up, so I took a road trip up to TennMike's yesterday. Had a GREAT time visiting with him. :up:

On the way back, called Eli as I was approaching his home town on the way home, and met up with him while I ate dinner.

Been a while since I'd seen either of them (Last May for Mike, and a few months for Eli) Had a GREAT visit with them both :beer:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,427 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    My "ramblitis" flare up, so I took a road trip up to TennMike's yesterday. Had a GREAT time visiting with him. :up:

On the way back, called Eli as I was approaching his home town on the way home, and met up with him while I ate dinner.

Been a while since I'd seen either of them (Last May for Mike, and a few months for Eli) Had a GREAT visit with them both :beer:

Did Eli eat too, or just watch?? :popcorn: :tooth:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,103 Senior Member
    Good deal!! :applause:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,419 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Did Eli eat too, or just watch?? :popcorn: :tooth:
    He just watched, he was sitting down to dinner when I first spoke with him
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,762 Senior Member
    Visiting Two good folks in one day. Excellent!!!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    We did a little shooting while Paul was here. He got some chronograph data for his .223 load, fixed an extractor problem with his .22 semiauto rifle, and we shot my .357 Mag. Frankenrifle with some of his lead bullet loads. AND I SHOT HIS 10MM PISTOL! I like it! Recoil felt similar to a .45ACP to me, and I managed to hit a small piece of paper on the backstop with it at about 10 yards. It's a keeper!

And he went home with a coffee can full of .40 S&W brass I had no use for, but he does.

Good time visiting and shooting. Always good to meet up and have time with shooting friends. :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Outstanding! Another 10mm convert. :guns:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,419 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    SHHHHHHHHHH, you'll expose our plot
    :tooth:

Mike, looked at my data and those "short" 180s were backed by 14.5gr of Li'l Gun and sparked by a CCI550 (Magnum small pistol) in case you decide to mould up some heavy lead for that little carbine

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,427 Senior Member
    He just watched, he was sitting down to dinner when I first spoke with him

His ESP must be weak....... Extra Supper Perception
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    SHHHHHHHHHH, you'll expose our plot
    :tooth:

Mike, looked at my data and those "short" 180s were backed by 14.5gr of Li'l Gun and sparked by a CCI550 (Magnum small pistol) in case you decide to mould up some heavy lead for that little carbine

I'll see if I can get my hands on some of the bullets. Hunter's Supply, Cast Performance, and Hornady have one each of 180+ grain .357 bullets I'd like to try out. I think I might be able to break 1800 fps with the Hornady jacketed bullet.
    ― Douglas Adams
    LMLarsen wrote: »

I'd like one in a 6 1/2" S&W Model 610-1 but they don't have it listed on their website. I'd like one in a revolver more than a semiatuo. They brought back the 610 in 2008 but don't list it now. :uhm:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Yeah, I'd like a 610 too, but in 5". I got a few hundred .40S&W rounds and nothing to shoot them out of.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,005 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I'd like one in a 6 1/2" S&W Model 610-1 but they don't have it listed on their website. I'd like one in a revolver more than a semiatuo. They brought back the 610 in 2008 but don't list it now. :uhm:
    That would be a 50 oz revolver, maybe 49 oz if fluted; a great shooter as you have seen.

Yeah, they brought it back and have dropped it, a couple of years ago.
    Maybe I can luck out and get one of the Ruger's in .38-40 with the spare 10mm cylinder. That would be a hoot in a 9" barreled Blackhawk!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Maybe I can luck out and get one of the Ruger's in .38-40 with the spare 10mm cylinder. That would be a hoot in a 9" barreled Blackhawk!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=403210994

Glad I could help!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,546 Senior Member

Well crap, I never knew such a thing existed, thanks alot KSU, freakin drive-by enabler:up:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

They sure think a lot of that pistol! Guess I'll just have to get another shotgun and do surgery on it! :rotflmao:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Well crap, I never knew such a thing existed, thanks alot KSU, freakin drive-by enabler:up:.

I do what I can!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY