Home Main Category Clubhouse

Pinging shush.....

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior MemberPosts: 2,725 Senior Member
What's your take on the Mother Country adopting Muslim Sharia Law into the British Legal System? Beginning to see a lot of controversy on this over here in the Provinces. Would like to know what you think.....

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,427 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    They are a bit busy right now trying to stop the complete collapse of their original version of Obamacare. :tooth:

Yes they are, and Americans need to take a real close look at the old empire because we're beginning to look a lot like it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    '' Pinging shush..... ''

Pinging

A state of increased anxious activity, typically induced by an amphetamine.

Or.
    Pinging.

ASDIC
    In 1939, in response to a question from the Oxford English Dictionary, the Admiralty made up the story that it stood for 'Allied Submarine Detection Investigation Committee'.

What's your take on the Mother Country adopting Muslim Sharia Law into the British Legal System?.....

Do you mean this;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10716844/Islamic-law-is-adopted-by-British-legal-chiefs.html

'' Islamic law is to be effectively enshrined in the British legal system for the first time under guidelines for solicitors on drawing up “Sharia compliant” wills.

For;

Nicholas Fluck, president of The Law Society, said the guidance would promote “good practice” in applying Islamic principles in the British legal system.''

And against;

'' Baroness Cox, a cross-bench peer leading a Parliamentary campaign to protect women from religiously sanctioned discrimination, including from unofficial Sharia courts in Britain, said it was a “deeply disturbing” development and pledged to raise it with ministers.
    This violates everything that we stand for,” she said. “It would make the Suffragettes turn in their graves.”

It is happening already,

''Parliament has been told of a significant network of more informal Sharia tribunals and “councils”, often based in mosques, dealing with religious divorces and even child custody matters in line with religious teaching.''

I think the idea is to bring out of the mosques.

Myself I am awaiting the first overturn at The Court of Appeal, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) and then the European Court of Human Rights.

We will see. :yawn:

They are a bit busy right now trying to stop the complete collapse of their original version of Obamacare. :tooth:

July 5 1948 – The NHS is born

''When health secretary Aneurin Bevan opens Park Hospital in Manchester, it is the climax of a hugely ambitious plan to bring good healthcare to all. For the first time, hospitals, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, opticians and dentists are brought together under one umbrella organisation to provide services that are free for all at the point of delivery.

The central principles are clear: the health service will be available to all and financed entirely from taxation, which means that people pay into it according to their means.''

Two years older than me and like me, in needs a bit of cash and some loving slung at it now and then.

Also like me it will be working long after your Obamacrap goes the way of the dead parrot and falls off its perch.

Actually last week I had the pleasure of spending time in the UK........

WHAT! :yikes:
    You can't pick a telephone up and ring.

My Mother warned me about men like you. :tissue:

........... I was impressed at how many times the BBC news shows talked about "cuts" and "downsizing of government"......

It is not for me to point a finger :roll: but you did have a chance to be part of something wonderful, :devil:

''A Constitutional monarchy...... a form of democratic government in which a non-political monarch acts as head of state within the boundaries of a constitution, whether written or unwritten.''

Or to quote Vernon Bogdanor... "a sovereign who reigns but does not rule."

but you blew it, you can come back but you must smarten yourselves up. :wink:
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    If Sharia is incorporated into British law in any way, under any circumstances, for any reason or excuse whatsoever, His Holiness Pope Francis should revoke Her Britannic Majesty's title of Fidei Defensor - Defender Of The Faith - which was conferred on King Henry VIII for his authorship of Assertio Septem Sacramentorum.

Multiculturalism is slow suicide.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Not prepared to respond to what has been said 'till I can re-read and ponder it for a short time. But.....I'll comment on "Ping".

Not sure what the internet definition is, but if I or a number of others, most probably tennmike for example, use the expression "ping" with reference to contacting someone, they are referring to a warship's SONAR system sending out an electronic sound signal to locate submerged submarines. I'm sure very, very few have ever been in the CIC (Combat Information Center) of a Destroyer searching for subs, but the SONAR system sends out a sound signal that sounds something like this: P.I..n...
    ggg..... If the sound signal doesn't hit a sub, it simply vanishes into the depths and vastness of the ocean. BUT....if the sound signal does hit the hull of a sub, it immediately is reflected back to the surface ship and sounds like "BOCK" So, when contact is made, it sounds like p..I...n....g.........BOCK! 'Course a sub can have a foam rubber type anechoic coating around the hull to absorb the sound signal, but there are ways of pinging off this, too! :tooth:

By the way.....The Admiralty definition is carried forward to the present time!
    Actually last week I had the pleasure of spending time in the UK and I was impressed at how many times the BBC news shows talked about "cuts" and "downsizing of government". Seems like the trend is reversing but maybe our brothers in the UK can shed some light on this.

Yeah Wambli I too have noticed an awakening in the U.K. But I'm afeared they may have waited too long. Time will tell.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Actually I was at my new job's corp HQ in Newbury for a week of meetings. Working from 7:00am breakfast meetings (LOVE black pudding, had it every day) to 23:00 or so finishing working dinners (Steak Pie is my new favorite dinner). For one thing I will take back EVERYTHING bad I ever said about dining in England. I gained 4 lbs. But the reality is that I had no breathing time all week. Will be back the last week of April. Are you in the neighborhood?

We tried the Monarchy thing and failed, now we have destroyed the concept of Democracy. I'm all for a benevolent elected dictator with a huge set of bollocks and some nationalist pride next. If Putin is ready to move to the States, I'd love to have a chat with him... :tooth:

I was doing fine until you brought up black pudding. That and haggis you can keep. However, the regular English Breakfast is pretty much the same as American, cept for that damn Marmalade! I'd much rather have plain jane Grape Jelly.
    Looks like we aren't the only ones that have a few too many Libtards. Only a bunch of them would want or even just permit Sharia Law be implemented into their legal system.
    Will be back the last week of April. Are you in the neighborhood?

I am so sorry, I missed this.

At the moment I am in the middle of domestic bliss.
    Hoover the dog...............................................................................check.
    Clothes in dishes washer................................................................check.
    Drive No. 2 son to work(works with Mum, does not drive ) adding three hours to my day drive.........check.

If she is not flying to Italy, to shout in English at foreign people, she is off to Scotland, to shout in English at foreign people.
    She is back to a different part of Italy tomorrow night, to shout in English at foreign
    people.

Actually I was at my new job's corp HQ in Newbury.........

I do not know that part of the country but Google maps gives me a round trip of about seven hours, very doable.

Worth the trip to shake the hand of a fellow black-pudding connoisseur and the future El Presidente of the New World Order?

YES!!!

If you are not careful she may be home and will come with me. :yikes:

Keep me up to date and if I am available it will be so.

PS.

Mind you, this is something to think about;
    I've learned treat meeting you guys like a craigslist date, always in a public place and always let someone know where I'm going and when I'll be back just in case. Can never be too careful around you crazy gun toting conservatives :tooth:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Not prepared to respond to what has been said 'till I can re-read and ponder it for a short time. But.....I'll comment on "Ping".

Not sure what the internet definition is, but if I or a number of others, most probably tennmike for example, use the expression "ping" with reference to contacting someone, they are referring to a warship's SONAR system sending out an electronic sound signal to locate submerged submarines. I'm sure very, very few have ever been in the CIC (Combat Information Center) of a Destroyer searching for subs, but the SONAR system sends out a sound signal that sounds something like this: P.I..n...
    ggg..... If the sound signal doesn't hit a sub, it simply vanishes into the depths and vastness of the ocean. BUT....if the sound signal does hit the hull of a sub, it immediately is reflected back to the surface ship and sounds like "BOCK" So, when contact is made, it sounds like p..I...n....g.........BOCK! 'Course a sub can have a foam rubber type anechoic coating around the hull to absorb the sound signal, but there are ways of pinging off this, too! :tooth:

By the way.....The Admiralty definition is carried forward to the present time!

One of the ways around that 'submarine condom' is the newer sonars can change frequency over a pretty wide range to find a spot that will reflect off the rubber covering.

And in passive mode (on surface ships) the worst thing you could see on the sonar scope was a torpedo noise spoke. :silly: :silly: That particular info on range and bearing gets passed to the bridge A.S.A.P.!

The old sonar on the ship I was on was freq. selectable and also directional in that you could search only part of the 270°+ arc it was capable of covering by activating only certain 'staves' of the sonar array. (think barrel staves and you get it) I was in sub sonar school until a twit blew out my left eardrum in a decompression chamber during training.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    It would be my pleasure to meet you!!!

You may be in for a shock!

The_Tramp_On_The_Bench_by_deppink.jpg

:tooth: