Home Main Category Clubhouse

Mint 1969 Shelby GT500 found under 40 years of dust

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I saw that on Fox. Can I have it?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,491 Senior Member
    No sane person would kick that car out of the garage.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,831 Senior Member
    That has to be a real roadburner.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,859 Senior Member
    Amazing discovery.

Some years ago a couple of local real state developers bought a big house in a residential area to develop a condo from an elderly couple of brothers. While tearing down the house they found a "sealed" room in the middle of the house with nothing but a small set of windows close to the roof and a small access door, and inside were resting an "European sports car" and a late-50s Chevy Impala that according to one of them belonged to the same time period as the other car.
    Both were in mint original condition, and documents inside tested that the last time they saw the street (At least with their papers in rule) was 1963. An employee of the former owners later told them that they used to start and run idle the cars every week 'till they reached "working temp", worked all the other moving parts & accessories (Lights, wipers, A/C, etc.) and then turned them off. Few times every year an old mechanic was called to perform some small repairs and maintenance jobs on both "entombed" cars

One of the developers immediately grabbed the "Euro-sporty", covered it with a blanket, pulled it out with a tow truck and in a few days sold it to a foreign collector without giving any details about brand, model, year, buyer or price paid; the other guy took the chocolate/beige Impala for a few joyrides and showed up to a local drive-in we used to gather with some friends and their old muscle cars. Needless to say, the amazing condition of the car (I was able to sit inside it) was outstanding.
    After a few weeks someone tipped a local collector and he bought the rather common but unusually mint Chevy, and now it rests in his collection only used sparsely for outdoor exhibitions and raids

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/Juan_Cabrio_E30/Museo%20Nicolini%20-%20Lima%20Peru/DSCN3584.jpg

http://www.limaeasy.com/culture-guide/museums-lima/vintage-cars-museum-nicolini
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Giddyup!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776