Home Main Category Clubhouse

1.5 Mile Song

2»

Replies

• minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 790 Senior Member
    The beat on Sugarland's "Stuck Like Glue" in perfect for me when Im on the treadmill. Its not a long song but its perfect for me.
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    The beat on Sugarland's "Stuck Like Glue" in perfect for me when Im on the treadmill. Its not a long song but its perfect for me.

Say goodbye to your mancard....
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,939 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    This

I don't even know who Sugarland is, but the name alone is gay enough to justify turning in a man card.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    sherwood wrote: »
    In A Gadda-Da Vida(sp). Now that there is a long song. And a great one too!

I've never had suicidal tendencies or serious thoughts, but that song used to get me close. If I had to listen to it for 10 minutes I'm afraid to think of what may happen.

:bang::yikes::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Hey man, just sing this over and over and over and......

I'm Henery the Eighth I am, Henery the Eighth I am I am,
    I got married to the widow next door,
    She'd been married 7 times before,
    and every one was a Henery,
    She wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam, No Sam!
    I'm her eighth old man I'm Henery,
    Henery the Eighth I am.
    Second verse, same as the first,
    I'm Henery the Eighth I am ....... and on and on and on , until you're through with your run. Then you can go see your Psychiatrist...

:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    This

You guys are crazy, Jennifer Nettles has a voice of an angel. Im a proud Sugarland fan. I am assuming you guys have never even listened to her sing!
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,488 Senior Member
    You guys are crazy, Jennifer Nettles has a voice of an angel. Im a proud Sugarland fan. I am assuming you guys have never even listened to her sing!

I'm with you MS!!

Sugarland has a lot of good music . . . not all but a lot.

And you really have to hear a few of her songs before you besmirch her singing ability.

No doubt about it, the girl has pipes.
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Thats an odd beat to run too.

I use music to time myself also. I'll stack a play list at a certain time length and set to nail a certain mile point before end. sometimes I trim a song to make it fit...that way when, say song #3 is over, I know I should be almost 2.0 miles down. If I am running flat, I can almost get it with in seconds of the song ending and be right on my mile mark....Hills are something else. I don't think I will ever be able to do hills like I should.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    PFD wrote: »
    I'm with you MS!!

And you really have to hear a few of her songs before you besmirch her singing ability.

Pipes and she is good looking!
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    PFD wrote: »
    I'm with you MS!!

I've heard a lot of her stuff. Stay, All I Wanna Do, the duet concert she did with Bon Jovi, etc. She can sing, but she's not great. And I'm not impressed with her songs overall. For example...."All I wanna do-oo-oo-oo-oo, Ooo-woo-oo-oo-oo-oo, Ooo-woo-oo-oo-oo-oo, oo-woo-woo......is love you." That's some high quality, introspective stuff, there.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Yeah lifting to metal is awesome. A little System of down, Drowning Pool, Metallica....I even have a little GnR and Nirvana.

But when I run, I end up with a lot of Hip hop and Top 40. Stuff with faster beats/min. And with some of the Hip hop, my mind is taken off the running while I am trying to figure out the words.

Thats it Zee...Get you some NWA

start with:

100 miiles and runnin 4:30
    Straight out of compton 4:10
    Frak the Police 3:00

total time 11:40

:jester:
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    FWIW I lift weights to a playlist of Alice in Chains, Seether and Korn. Not much of a rhythm to it but I want to kill something by the time I'm in full workout mode :devil:

I'd want to kill something too...........if I wore Manties like you.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Actually my manties envelope the family treasure with luxurious protection and support. They, in summary, help soothe and calm the beast :tooth:

Lalalalalalalala.....I can't hear you......lalalalalalala.......
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,953 Senior Member
    Try the "Spotify" app on your phone. There are playlist for for different run styles on there that aren't horrible. Not the best, but for plug and play, it works.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,092 Senior Member

I don't usually need music when I run, but when I do, it is "Flight of the Bumblebee"
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Don't knock em. Now I don't buy the über expensive ones that brother Wambli does, but nanner hammocks are da bomb.

Wow.............I'm going to vomit now. Thanks.