Home Main Category Clubhouse

Need an electrician's help...

2»

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,403 Senior Member
    Try a receptacle tester in all of your outlets.............

3-wire-electrical-outlet-circuit-analyzer-400x610.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    Got one yesterday. In the past day I have used it in all kitchen, bathroom, hallway, and dining room outlets and on the outlet that the TV and whatnot were connected to. I've discovered and corrected 1 incorrectly wired outlet, and found 2 that are half working...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 479 Member
    You got what you need in wiring advice. I would urge you to scrap the bathroom fan and instead, install a higher capacity kitchen fan. I did that and have avoided mildew problems. Have you ever been in a motel with an adequate fan? Also, get mildew resistant ceiling paint.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    Mildew resistant paint on the walls and ceiling has already been applied. Prior to that we had sprayed down the walls and ceiling with a mildew killer. We'll see how the current fan works before upgrading.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,238 Senior Member
    OTOH, in throwing the breaker there seems to have been a power surge that the surge protector didn't catch, and now we seem to have fried the TV, Blue Ray, and UVerse receiver...

Oh-oh.........I see more kids in your future.............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....