Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,824 Senior Member
    I really loved this quote in that article. I think the licensing requirements in most states would preclude people from being "pistol packing yahoos."

"• A bill in Congress, co-sponsored by most of the Pennsylvania delegation, including U.S. Rep. Charles Dent, R-Lehigh Valley, would require every state to honor the gun permits issued by every other state. That, CeaseFirePa yelped on Thursday, "would expand the Florida loophole to every state," allowing pistol-packing yahoos to run amok."
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    I may be a yahoo but I'm old and prefer to walk sedately.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,418 Senior Member
    I amble amok...sometimes when my back is acting up, I have to hobble amok...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,824 Senior Member
    hahaha...Yeah, me too!

:that:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Good article.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Amok, amok, amok!

amokamokamok.jpg
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Thats a good article mkk41... You know it don't take much for an anti-gunner media reporter or politician to find some self-defense situation,make a Federal case out of it and get all the folks stirred up about how evil and dangerous guns are..... I have always felt that if one gets a CCW permit in one state that it should be good for all states..... Here is a quote from the article"
    "How many more people have to be killed before lawmakers buck the NRA and move to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them?"
    I have no idea what the person who made this statement is talking about and neither does he/she?????? Who are the people that shouldn't have them? Is this statement alluding to the fact that owning a gun will require some sort of test or a battery of test? What?
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • GeoInSDGeoInSD New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Thats a good article mkk41... You know it don't take much for an anti-gunner media reporter or politician to find some self-defense situation,make a Federal case out of it and get all the folks stirred up about how evil and dangerous guns are..... I have always felt that if one gets a CCW permit in one state that it should be good for all states..... Here is a quote from the article"

I have no idea what the person who made this statement is talking about and neither does he/she?????? Who are the people that shouldn't have them? Is this statement alluding to the fact that owning a gun will require some sort of test or a battery of test? What?

Yes, that person is alluding to wanting that owning a gun is a privilege rather than a right. That person likely believe no one should own a gun, or if anyone owns a gun, only for sporting purposes.

What those politicians don't understand, or don't care, is that "the 2nd Amendment is not about duck hunting", to quote an NRA president from nearly 30 years ago. That quote has really resonated with me. I previously had only thought about guns for hunting and target shooting. I have come to realize that 2A is about the individual duty of each American to preserve our God granted inalienable rights. Too many are complacent about our rights, that they don't need fighting for. But there are people that think they are enlightened and somehow are going to be an exception to the principle of "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".