Home Main Category Personal Defense

Iwb & owb holsters

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,931 Senior Member
I need both for my Charter Arms .44, 2 1/2" bbl. The only one I could find was " Side Guard Holsters " I searched Midway, Brownells, and the web, and didn't find anything else, so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    OWB - Mernickle holsters. I own two of them, and LOVE them. One for my Kimber Ultra-carry and one for my S&W 29.

I don't wear IWB holsters much anymore, but have heard good things about the ones built like Crossbreed's Supertuk.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • yam115yam115 New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    I have been looking for a "high" carry OWB holster...... This one looks good
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    It looks sweet
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,875 Senior Member
    I'd suggest contacting Old Faithful Holsters.
    With as many different, and sometimes oddball handguns they make holsters for, I figured they would have the Bulldog listed, but it's not one of their listed models :uhm:
    http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/contact-us/

I bought one of their holsters for my dad's B'day earlier this month and was impressed with it :up: :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    I'd suggest contacting Old Faithful Holsters.
    http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/contact-us/

t :up: :up:

My eval of such holsters has changed some, if the holster gets in the right spot it is a good one and you can forget you have it on. Have it be a couple inches off that spot
    and it is uncomfortable in a big way.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,875 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    My eval of such holsters has changed some, if the holster gets in the right spot it is a good one and you can forget you have it on. Have it be a couple inches off that spot
    and it is uncomfortable in a big way.
    And to think, I had a hand in your change of heart when I put my "Chrisbreed" 1911 holster on you up @ Jerry's a couple of years ago :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,931 Senior Member
    I checked out Mernicle on line, they have some interesting looking holsters, gonna call them tomorrow , will let ya know

Thanks to all for your help.

JAY
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    I bought a crossbreed for my 1911, and I liked it so much I got one for my FNP45. Now if you can carry an FNP45 IWB, you're either big-boned like me, or you wear a lot of ill-fitting clothing. Anyways, I like them enough to recommend them to friends. Good luck with not adding to your holster graveyard.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    And to think, I had a hand in your change of heart when I put my "Chrisbreed" 1911 holster on you up @ Jerry's a couple of years ago :tooth:
    acigar.gif
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I prefer to carry OTW and I've been using this with my bulldog for several years now and have been totally happy with it.

001.jpg

002-1.jpg
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I prefer to carry OTW and I've been using this with my bulldog for several years now and have been totally happy with it.

001.jpg

Fish, I cant read the model number, what model is it ? thanks for the pic.

JAY
    It's an 1109.
    So far it's looks like either a Mernicle or Ted Blocker, Bianchi doesn't list the M-1109 any more.

JAY
    jaywapti wrote: »
    So far it's looks like either a Mernicle or Ted Blocker, Bianchi doesn't list the M-1109 any more.

JAY

I looked at Midway and I think they just changed the model #. It looks like it's now the Bianchi 7 Shadow 2.
    I looked at Midway and I think they just changed the model #. It looks like it's now the Bianchi 7 Shadow 2.

Fish, thanks, just ordered the model 7 should have it by April, 28 it was in stock.

JAY
    jaywapti wrote: »
    Fish, thanks, just ordered the model 7 should have it by April, 28 it was in stock.

JAY

So have you gotten the holster and do you like it? I believe Paul (Knitepoet) had tried that same model and didn't care for it, but then he and I are shaped a little differently.
    So have you gotten the holster and do you like it? I believe Paul (Knitepoet) had tried that same model and didn't care for it, but then he and I are shaped a little differently.

Fish, got the holster, been wearing it, fits the .44 perfect almost like the leather was molded over the gun. Very comfortable to wear, since I'm skinny ( 5"10" 146lbs ) I wear the belt on the outside of the holster, the only thing I don't like is the safety snap over the hammer, it would be better if it was one piece snaping on the outside of the holster instead of over the hammer, but I can live with it until I find a good leather smith that can modify it and do a good neat job.

JAY