FINALLY! Got my ride back!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,052 Senior Member
As most of you know, my beloved Cutlass was stolen two years ago!! :tissue: It was never recovered so I purchased this 1968 Buick LeSabre to replace it. Even though I've owned it two years most of that time has been fixing it mechanically, and getting the body work done. So, I left with my body man, who did my Cutlass, and after being promised it in two weeks, (which I was skeptical about in the first place) it's finally done after 1.5 years. I was highly PO'd 'cause there were periods of three and four months where he never touched the car. He'll never see me again.
Anyhow, I took it for a nice road trip one hour north to a golf course yesterday and I'm in love all over again. It's a real cruiser and not bad on gas, either!!

The Cutlass
ry%3D400

The Beast!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Replies

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,803 Senior Member
    Awesome! Parade worthy for sure. All you need is a beauty queen sitting in the back waving.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,664 Senior Member
    Long wait, but nice work.
    Driving it to the SE Shoot?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Long wait, but nice work.
    Driving it to the SE Shoot?

The trunks huge, but not big enough for all the gun stuff I haul!!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Looking good!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Looks great!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Now *THAT* is a cruiser!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,927 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    The trunks huge, but not big enough for all the gun stuff I haul!!

Just needs to be big enough for a whitetail:cool2:. Car looks good, did you wind it up on a straight piece of road yet?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    I love classic cars -I have a 1978 Lincoln Town Coupe (68K miles) I drive now and then - my 1997 Mark VIII is my new (to me) daily driver. Your Buick convertible is gorgeous.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Nice ride!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Just needs to be big enough for a whitetail:cool2:. Car looks good, did you wind it up on a straight piece of road yet?
    Had it up around 70+ish. That part of Fla. is two lane and rather hilly and curvy.
    This has 65K original miles!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    We had a 66 Pontiac Catalina, talk about room. A huge baby bassinet or me stretched out in the back seat with plenty of room leftover.

They don't make'm like that anymo!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    Looks great and glad to see that you are driving it around. The people that I know around here trailer them to shows and drive a few hundred feet, I don't get it. If I ever have one I will be driving it around.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Oh, wow, what a terrific job the guy did! I'm sure you're happy with it. Good luck, pal.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    I got me a Buick, as big as a whale, about to set sail...

I got me a Buick, seats about twenty, don't forget your juke box money....

Looove shack, Love shack baby....

:driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    You should drive that " up nort" this year:drool:

Sako
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    bring it on up Al we'll work on filling that trunk with some yankee loot
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,280 Senior Member
    Nice! A year and a half? Wow, hope he gave you a discount for taking so long.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Nice! A year and a half? Wow, hope he gave you a discount for taking so long.

I shamed him into knocking off $500. Insurance jobs were a "higher" priority, (faster money).
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    No disrespect Big Al1.............but I think I like your 'ride' more than I like you...................:wink:

A chick magnet like that will turn you into a chick magnate...........will you be my BFF?
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman wrote: »
    No disrespect Big Al1.............but I think I like your 'ride' more than I like you...................:wink:

A chick magnet like that will turn you into a chick magnate...........will you be my BFF?

I think I like it more than I like myself!!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Love the new ride! That is one sweet 'lead sled' convertible. Next year for spring break you can load it up with teeny weeny bikini clad college chicks! You are in the 'Redneck Riviera', after all!

I hope the jerk that stole the Cutlass had it up on jack stands working on it, and the jack stands collapsed. I hate car thieves.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• RiflemannRiflemann Member Posts: 269 Member
    I had a '71 Cutlass that I restored to mint condition in the mid 80's, but being young and dumb I was offered what I thought was a good price, and I sold the car for more than I had into it. Today I would love to get another one like it, but I need a few more dollars today than what I sold it for. My wife still sez that if she could have any car from our past collection, the '71 Cutlass is it hands down. She could take anyone off the line in a drag race.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,420 Senior Member
    I miss my 47 Mercury convertible! Owned it for 13 years and sold it because I thought I needed to eat every now and then after the divorce! Dumb decision!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    In my youth, I had 3 different '57 Chevy convertibles. Sure wish I had one of them now.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!