Reliability and performance expectations for a personal defense firearm...

13»

Replies

  • gaimangaiman Banned Posts: 60 Member
    sorry, (Edited for language). I've never used Gecko as a screen name. Facts are facts. I;ve placed in the top 10% in world and US National IPSC matches. If you don't like it, tough stuff. I know what I'm talking about. Any top hand would tell you the same thing. It's not that we're so great, really, it's that cops are so inept. :-) Being a lot better with a hangdun than a cop doesn't take all that much in the way of ability. Why do you think guys train so much, hmm? Do you really believe that ALL that ability just evaporates in a few months without practice? Jerry Miculek could not even LOOK at a gun, for years, and anything he picked up, with his weak side hand, he'd outshoot YOU with it, first try and all subsequent tries. That's what top level practice (and matches) do for you.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Mr. gaiman,

    I don't care if you fired 100,000 rounds a year, I don't care if you're the best shot that ever lived, I don't care how many matches you've won or placed in, I don't care how expert and knowledgeable you are in all things that shoot, the members of this forum, even though they often disagree with me, are all ladies and gentlemen, and they aren't punks.

    Sincerely,
    horselips
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    I see what you did there...:up:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,837 Senior Member
    gaiman wrote: »
    you assume that I didn't fire the commander at ALL? Why assume that? Because YOU wouldn't, hmm? I fired an average of 10,000 rds per year back in those times, probably 1000 per year thru the Commander. Just the 1000 rds is more than what most people fire, and since the handling qualities of the go'vt model and commander are so similar, and because I was so good with it, I could have not practiced with the commander at ALL, and still been FAR better with it than the average cop is with his duty pistol, count on that much. I had 3 years in a row when I averaged 40,000 rds per year with the gov't model. :-) When you've shot at the world class level for several years, all you need is dryfire or airsoft to remain more skilled than the average cop (who fires at most 2000 rds per year, and often, only 500 rds or less. ) The latter often has VERY low levels of skill, so even if the top hand degrades by 50%, his skill level is still higher.

    Here's the difference, really. The typical cop needs 12 seconds to run an el presidente, with his uniform rig, or he'll have lots of poor hits or a miss or two. When actually competing for a few years, the top hand runs it in 4-6 seconds, depending upon how good the hits are, whether or not he has a mag well funnel, pptical sight, compensator, speed rig, wussy loads, etc. have that cop not practice at ALL for a couple of years, and he'll need 15 seconds and he'll STILL miss 1-2 and he'll have lots of poor hits. The top hand, with nothing but dryfire, will still be able to run the execise (12 shots, a 180 degree pivot, a mag swap, a draw, 4 traverses across the targets, in 6-8 seconds, depending, as before on the requirement for hits in the 10" chest circle, and the gear used.

    That's why some of us train to very high levels, in karate, as athletes, chess players, etc. We can back WAY off and still beat the average guy (almost with our eyes shut).

    What a load of bull excrement!
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,612 Senior Member
    I don't know, guys.............I for one...........am beside myself with awe.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Guys..... Gayman is the real deal. I've been over to his house.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,837 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Guys..... Gayman is the real deal. I've been over to hours house.

    What did you do with Gayman while there?
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    JKP wrote: »
    What did you do with Gayman while there?

    Silly stuff.
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,038 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I uhh, seriously doubt your abilities. Most folks who come here trying to blow smoke up our assess, fail. Miserably.

    Yes, but at least we end up with smokin' hot assess for our trouble. We make shuttin' down pretentious mall ninjas look GOOOOOOOOOOD!:cool:

    It's when they try to blow SUNSHINE up our assess that I get annoyed. Hemmorhoids + sunburn = NOT fun!
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,529 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    That was a 100% hit rate, thank you very much.
    Hitting the earth is still hitting.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,555 Senior Member
    Hitting the earth is still hitting.

    Hoof, horn, knees, tail..................... it all counts.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,555 Senior Member
    JKP wrote: »
    What did you do with Gayman while there?

    Y9gieIB.gif
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,687 Senior Member
    gaiman wrote: »
    Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla bla bla , bla bla, bla.

    Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla el presidente, bla bla bla bla bla bla, bla bla bla (12 shots, a 180 degree pivot, a mag swap, a draw, 4 traverses across the targets, in 6-8 seconds, depending, as before on the requirement for hits in the 10" chest circle, bla bla bla.

    That's why bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.


    There are no circles on an IPSC target. You probably meant to say "a zone" which is a 6" wide by 11" tall rectangle on the torso and a 4" wide by 2" tall rectangle on the head. Anyone who's ever shot remotely as much as you claim to have would know that. You're not even good at the BS. I'm picturing you as an overweight nerd that gets picked on in school that still plays dungeons and dragons from your parents basement in your underwear and a Cheeto stained t shirt.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    There are no circles on an IPSC target. You probably meant to say "a zone" which is a 6" wide by 11" tall rectangle on the torso and a 4" wide by 2" tall rectangle on the head. Anyone who's ever shot remotely as much as you claim to have would know that. You're not even good at the BS. I'm picturing you as an overweight nerd that gets picked on in school that still plays dungeons and dragons from your parents basement in your underwear and a Cheeto stained t shirt.

    I'm thinking it's this guy:

    nerd-464221_zpseb9a1bd1.jpg

    It's also possible I could be wrong.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.



  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,529 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    There are no circles on an IPSC target. You probably meant to say "a zone" which is a 6" wide by 11" tall rectangle on the torso and a 4" wide by 2" tall rectangle on the head. Anyone who's ever shot remotely as much as you claim to have would know that. You're not even good at the BS. I'm picturing you as an overweight nerd that gets picked on in school that still plays dungeons and dragons from your parents basement in your underwear and a Cheeto stained t shirt.

    Hey, he lasted longer than most Call Of Dutiots
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,687 Senior Member
    I think I found gayman.


    I believe this is a high school picture.

    fat_gamer_kid_zpseb70e66e.jpg


    This appears to be a more recent picture.

    tard_zpsad71ffb4.jpg
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    gaiman wrote: »
    you assume that I didn't fire the commander at ALL? Why assume that? Because YOU wouldn't, hmm?

    No assumption was made; refer to the quote in my post, which was the impetus of my question. Are you assuming that I wouldn't practice with my EDC? Hmm?
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Where did he go? Hope he didn't try out a .410 on a charging grizzly bear to prove it could be done. That kind of learning experience could prove painful.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.



  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,687 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Oh. THAT'S the character flaw we were discussing at Jerrys! :tooth:

    It just blurts out. I can't really control it.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,417 Senior Member
    I'll offer the same opportunity I do for every other mall ninja fertilizer flinger who comes around to impress us with his poo slinging skills- - - - - -Memorial day weekend 2015- - - - - - -come on by and show us! We'll even take some video!
    :worthy::worthy::worthy:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I'll offer the same opportunity I do for every other mall ninja fertilizer flinger who comes around to impress us with his poo slinging skills- - - - - -Memorial day weekend 2015- - - - - - -come on by and show us! We'll even take some video!
    :worthy::worthy::worthy:
    Jerry
    Hey CPJ, I take that to mean the SE Shoot 2015 is a GO :applause:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Silly stuff.


    Don't you mean "Thilly stuff!"
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.