Anti-Gun Politician Takes Gun Safety Class

bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior MemberPosts: 2,467 Senior Member
And then does an interview with the local paper claiming she did it to improve her understanding. Then tells everybody that she has no intention of ever owning or carrying a gun. And the cherry on top? "Please don't come over and rob me now". Priceless.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2014/05/03/session-megan-barry-takes-gun-safety-class/8672249/
Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Typical libtard politician- - - - - -they're even in red states like Tennessee. Go for it, robbers- - - - -I'm pretty sure her home address is a matter of public record!

The comments are priceless!
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    It would have carried more weight if she had said "Please don't come to [ insert address here] and rob me"..................

Edited to add: Dang it Jerry! ya beat me to it...........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    And the politician didn't even realize how laughable her actions were. Duh.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    How were her actions laughable? Don't we wish ALL anti gunners would try to educate themselves on this subject? I've got more respect for her than others who have staked out an opinion on this matter without ever even holding a gun.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    All that remains to be done now is for some thug to mug, rob or invade the home of Megan Barry so she can develop a complete understanding of exactly why guns should be carried in parks, restaurants, bars, churches, schools, workplaces, essentially any place one is likely to be in the presence of any other person. I hope her post-graduate lesson isn't too difficult.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,464 Senior Member
    "But Barry, who hasn't actually gotten the carry permit yet, said you won't see her looking through rifle scopes at a gun shop even after she turns in her paperwork and gets fingerprinted."

Not sure you need a permit to carry a scope, but okay...:silly:

One would assume that, after taking the class, she should understand that 'having the carry permit' and 'looking at rifle scopes' really don't have much to do with each other, but maybe she missed that part of the class.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • topguntopgun Member Posts: 128 Member
    When a politician moves their lips, they are always, without a doubt lying, especially democrats. I don't believe her for one second, when she says she took the class but doesn't want to carry. She just won't publicize the fact that she is indeed, carrying.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    topgun wrote: »
    She just won't publicize the fact that she is indeed, carrying.

:that: - - - - -in the time-honored tradition of Diane Swine-Stein, the pistol-packing anti gun senator from Commiefornia!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,762 Senior Member
    It says she took the 8 hour class but it didn't say anything about her shooting the qualifying course. I think if she had, the media would have been all over that. I also think she'd be whistling a different tune, if she had............"Please, Sir...........may I have some more of those bullet thingys?"
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »
    "Please, Sir...........may I have some more of those bullet thingys?"

:rotflmao: