Remington R51 review

2»

Replies

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,825 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Wambli, my first Remington ADL was in .30-06 and cost $99.99 in 1967. I still have it. Ahhh! The good ole days!

Yeah but $100 in 1967 equates to $700 today.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,715 Senior Member
    JKP wrote: »
    Yeah but $100 in 1967 equates to $700 today.

Back then I was bottle feeding knotheaded dairy bull calves I got for $5 dollars and turned into steers. I sold them for around 25-35 cents per pound back then at the stock barn when they were at the 350+ lb. size. About 25% of the money was spent in food for the calves, so I came out way ahead. Also saved enough money doing that to buy my first new car at 16 y.o. Living in the country on a farm had advantages. Like lots of hard work. I wouldn't trade that way of growing up for anything.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    The mann at gave it a good review
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,660 Senior Member
    1) Announce something
    2) Don't ship for a while
    3) Ship out very few of them that have glaring defects and get recalled immediately

How very Kel-Tec of them.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »

How very Kel-Tec of them.

I laughed at that a little too hard.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • gaimangaiman Banned Posts: 60 Member
    so you think 500 rds per month is a lot of shooting? I have had many 1000+ rd DAYS at the range. :-) You must not reload, much less cast your own bullets.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Very difficult for a modern gun manufacturer to make everyone happy and keep prices down on a piece of equipment everyone expects to be working forever, flawlessly. In the last few decades manufacturers have been trying new materials and techniques. Some worked really poorly, some are ok for a while but then break down. There is a reason why an old design, hand assembled, all steel ,low production Colt SA has to go out with a price tag of over a grand and yet we still expect Remington ADLs on sale every year at Dick's for $399 with a $50 rebate.
    -E

:that:

Contrary to what some believe, a Remington 700, trigger excepted, is a fine rifle. Even with the factory barrel I'd bet they'll shoot with or better most other models out of the box. But better still with a trigger job or a new trigger. My present two pre Mark X Pro(or is that X Mark Pro, whatever) 700s, when I bought them, had the older style triggers but with lawyer springs and you couldn't adjust them down safely below about 3.5-4 pounds. My gun smith did his magic on them both and I'll put them up against about anything factory built. They both will shoot under MOA, and even with my tired old diabetic eyes will shoot 3/4 MOA with the factory barrels. Granted it is possible to get a lemon. But that's possible with about anything mass produced these days. But I have two made within 2 years of each other (2005-2007) and neither is anything resembling a lemon.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
2»