US officers killed 2 Yemenis during April abduction attempt

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Good guys 2, bad guys 0 :usa::usa::usa::usa:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05/10/us-officers-killed-2-yemenis-during-april-abduction-attempt/?intcmp=latestnews

"WASHINGTON – Two officers at the U.S. Embassy in Yemen shot and killed a pair of armed Yemeni civilians during an attempted abduction of the Americans at a Sanaa business last month, the State Department said Friday.

The officers have left Yemen, Marie Harf, a spokeswoman for the State Department, said in a statement. No other details were provided.

Citing unidentified U.S. officials, The New York Times reported that the Americans were a CIA officer and a lieutenant colonel with the elite Joint Special Operations Command who were visiting a barber shop in an upscale district in Yemen's capital.

The American officials reportedly said the officers were simply getting a haircut at the time of the shooting.

Within days of the shooting both Americans left Yemen with the approval of the Yemeni government, the newspaper reported. It said the shooting occurred on April 24."
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,140 Senior Member
    Damn right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    Another critical error in the victim selection process!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Hurryin' HoosierHurryin' Hoosier New Member Posts: 5 New Member
    Two isn't many, but it's a start! :usa:
    "We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin."
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    The byproduct of negotiating with terrorists. MORE abduction attempts.... Funny how that works...
    Read the original posting date: it was 3 weeks before Bergdahl was released...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    I agree we shouldn't negotiate. This just ain't support of that...
    Overkill is underrated.