Utah lawmaker: Bring back firing squad executions

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Not a bad idy. Convicted and proven beyond a reasonable doubt.... Ready Aim Fire :up::up::up::up:

https://news.yahoo.com/utah-lawmaker-bring-back-firing-squad-executions-060418930.html
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,650 Senior Member
    I don't know - I always thought that firing squads were kind of an honorable way to be murdered by your enemies because they were afraid of you. I would rather hang criminals, so they don't go out thinking you have some respect for them.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I don't know - I always thought that firing squads were kind of an honorable way to be murdered by your enemies because they were afraid of you. I would rather hang criminals, so they don't go out thinking you have some respect for them.

Rope is cheap.....
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,407 Senior Member
    This can of worms gets stirred up every time something goes a little wrong with the lethal injection procedure that's pretty much the only one used now. While I'm not against executions being as humane as possible, some of the reasons these scumbags are there in the first place begs for a slow, painful process for ending their miserable lives. Shooting a rape victim in the head with a shotgun and then burying her alive- - - - -I'd vote for a rope, a 3 foot tall block of ice, and a 100-degree sauna as an appropriate method of execution!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,037 Senior Member
    Why an entire squad? Build a medical fixture for holding an H&R Topper .45-70 (or two) against a strategic spot on their heads. The states dispenses its justice, the hand wringers get their instantaneous kill. Being serious here. Find something quicker than that.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    This can of worms gets stirred up every time something goes a little wrong with the lethal injection procedure that's pretty much the only one used now. While I'm not against executions being as humane as possible, some of the reasons these scumbags are there in the first place begs for a slow, painful process for ending their miserable lives. Shooting a rape victim in the head with a shotgun and then burying her alive- - - - -I'd vote for a rope, a 3 foot tall block of ice, and a 100-degree sauna as an appropriate method of execution!
    Jerry

I always thought humane would be 5 pounds of C4 strapped to their chest. Boom. Never feel a thing.

Hell, daisy chain them together with det chord. Get that death row backlog down in a hurry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,037 Senior Member
    Crown of thorns? Naaaaah! Crown of det cord! A couple wraps around the head at about eye level? That would probably be even faster and more painless than my .45-70 concept, and would eliminate the need to contain the 405 grains of lead after it's done its work. Sub in a bomb blanket for the traditional black hood and you're golden.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    I forget the name of the movie, but a Russian serial killer was to be executed - he was simply led by a guard into a concrete room with a floor drain in the middle, the guard drew his pistol, put it to the convict's medulla and shot him. All in a day's work...
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 470 Member
    A couple of centuries ago,when Ceylon existed,elephants were used in executions. It was public and was made into abig specticle The condemned was lead to a block. He was made to kneel and place his head on the block. Then with great ceremony,the elephant was lead to.the block. The elephant would then raise a leg over the man,s head a press down until the sound of the head bursting was heard. Very effective.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Being sentenced to death is supposed to be a deterrent to crime. Aside from not being free, many of these dirt bags are probably living a better life on death row than they did in society. They also know that IF they ever are executed, it will be nothing more painful than falling asleep. Makes our current execution of the death penalty, not much of a deterrent at all.

Now if they were put to death by the same or similar method they used to put their victims to death…that might actually be a deterrent.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,095 Senior Member
    Dillon Aero minigun set up at 5 foot distance from muzzle with enough linked ammunition for a 3 second burst, and fired by photocell linked to firing mechanism. Sunrise and it's all over.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,144 Senior Member
    I have 538 candidates for using that on.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I have 538 candidates for using that on.

Must be the short list; my list has around 5,000 as a start.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,202 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I don't understand why we have stuff that will put a horse down in a second with one quick shot to the neck and there has to be a medical circus act associated with a human execution.

The fact that it is standard practice to use disinfectant on the lethal injection site tells me that the executioner isn't really "committed" to the job. :tooth:
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,144 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Must be the short list; my list has around 5,000 as a start.
    If we could identify all the commies that work for government agencies, I'm sure the list would be much, much longer.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    PFD wrote: »
    The fact that it is standard practice to use disinfectant on the lethal injection site tells me that the executioner isn't really "committed" to the job. :tooth:

On face value, that disinfectant on the lethal injection site does seem counterproductive to the end desired.

• PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,202 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    On face value, that disinfectant on the lethal injection site does seem counterproductive to the end desired.

Yep, kinda like a kamikaze pilot wearing a parachute. Where is the commitment? :guns:
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    PFD wrote: »
    Yep, kinda like a kamikaze pilot wearing a parachute. Where is the commitment? :guns:

He is maybe worried about the prick he is pricking contaminating the needle which will be Hazardous Medical Waste anyway. Probably just good medical procedure although what's the use, it won't matter to the recently executed one!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Wouldn't want to give the corpse a nasty infection after all. Who wants to help re-arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY