Remington started moving out of NY

Rim PhyrRim Phyr MemberPosts: 71 Member
Remington Arms is moving some gun production out of NY to Alabama.
Last year Cuomo pushed thru the strangling antigun SAFE act that has resulted in several gun related industries to leave NY.
When asked about Remington moving out a Cuomo spokesman had no comment.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    :popcorn:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,262 Senior Member
    Old news. Remington claims they are expanding and not cutting any of their NY operations. Only time will tell. Kahr on the other hand picked up and moved right across the border to PA.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,816 Senior Member
    From what I've read, they are moving the AR line to Alabama first. No sense making something that is not for sale in NY State, but NY State getting the tax money off the sales. And if things get worse in NY, they can move the other lines out one at a time to avoid a major disruption to production.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,269 Senior Member
    Apparently the plant they're moving to in Huntsville has plenty of room for expansion. It's an automotive production facility of some sort that Chrysler walked away from some time ago, and it's been sitting idle for quite a while. Huntsville practically gave them the building, plus some very nice tax incentives. DPMS and one other gunmaker owned by the same conglomerate will also be on site there.

Glock is moving to Gallatin Tennessee, I believe. When the south rises again, at least we'll be well-armed this time!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach wrote: »
    Apparently the plant they're moving to in Huntsville has plenty of room for expansion. It's an automotive production facility of some sort that Chrysler walked away from some time ago, and it's been sitting idle for quite a while. Huntsville practically gave them the building, plus some very nice tax incentives. DPMS and one other gunmaker owned by the same conglomerate will also be on site there.

Glock is moving to Gallatin Tennessee, I believe. When the south rises again, at least we'll be well-armed this time!
    Jerry

Thought it was Berretta?

Yep, you're right! BLASTED CRS!
    Jerry
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Thought it was Berretta?

Well, you guys won't be too far from an ammo supply. The main Remington ammo plant is here right on I40 and is almost finished with a major expansion.
    Our governor is in Eastern Europe right now trying to woo some of those gun related companies here and is also in talks with CZ.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    If we can get all of them to move to the South, that won't bode well for the North for the next revolution. And WE have Oak Ridge and the Redstone site, too. Sayin'. :tooth:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Might not want to say that to loud before this weekend, we may have unwanted company.:guns:

BAMAAK wrote: »
    Might not want to say that to loud before this weekend, we may have unwanted company.:guns:

With the Bengazi scandal, the VA Hospital scandal, IRS Gate, BLM Gate, and a bunch of other scandals, they're busier than a one legged cat trying to cover up a pile of poop on asphalt. If'n they got time to waste on an old goat like me, then they aren't paying attention. :rotflmao: But if they are interested, I could take them to a Jihad Joe camp near Dover, TN, but they already know about that one, and won't touch it with a ten foot pole!

Here's a map of known training camps. Note where they are clustered.

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/known-terrorist-training-camps-in-the-u-s-map/

(Channeling "Animal House")

"ROAD TRIP!"

I wonder what a bunch of dedicated rednecks could do for one of those camps?
    :guns:
    Jerry
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I wonder what a bunch of dedicated rednecks could do for one of those camps?:guns:Jerry

Depends. If someone could get hold of a cropduster and fill the spray tanks with hot bacon grease... :jester:
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
    Remington says two things they are going to make here are Bushmaster produts and the R1 line of 1911s here. SWEET! DPMS and Montana Rifle stuff as well so one rifle line probably means others. Closing plants in Utah, Montana, GA. MN. Utaj and NC in the name of consolidation. Also 80 jobs in NY cut.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2014/05/remington_moving_bushmaster_r1.html