Illinois spending $1,166 per bird to bring in prairie chickens

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,122 Senior Member
    What the fowl?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    That's alotta buck-buck-buck-buck-bucks.....
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Illinois residents, give your bureaucrats the bird.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    Oh, the puns.

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

The politicians should be forced to foot that bill personally.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    In a democracy (republic), the voters get the government they deserve. I see nothing here that would irritate the vast majority of Illinois taxpayers, since they reliably and predictably elect so many Democrats to their highest offices. I hope Illinois squanders every cent it can tax, beg, borrow or steal on every liberal and environmental cause it can think of. Keep the majority of voters there happy.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Do they even lay eggs the Dummycrats can eat?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Same F'd logic as the lib tree strokers out in the Rockies. They want to raise and release a crap ton of wolves on lands adjacent to well established cattle and other animal farms. THEN regulate the ranchers so they can't shoot attacking wolves while their herd is being mauled.

Most of those bleeding heart hippie pieces of garbage lives hundreds or thousands of miles away from the ranching states.

To hell with them all.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,808 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Same F'd logic as the lib tree strokers out in the Rockies. They want to raise and release a crap ton of wolves on lands adjacent to well established cattle and other animal farms. THEN regulate the ranchers so they can't shoot attacking wolves while their herd is being mauled.

Most of those bleeding heart hippie pieces of garbage lives hundreds or thousands of miles away from the ranching states.

To hell with them all.

When Idaho's first wolf season opened, the JumboTron in Times Square played ads that showed wolf pups with the caption "Right now, they are being killed!" I am still wondering why NYCers concern themselves with what goes on out here. I wonder how irritated they are knowing we can trap & shoot up to ten wolves per person year round...
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I wonder how irritated they are knowing we can trap & shoot up to ten wolves per person year round...

I don't know how irritated they are but I think we can guess. I don't see how these people survive.
    Global warming! SUVs! carbon credits! snail darters! common sense gun control! (insert sounds of heads exploding). And then they vote to send like minded idiots to the distant imperial capitol to vote on things they have no clue about. If Ne York voters want to outlaw Wolf hunting,(or better said Wolf reintroduction) fine, but what on earth does this have to do with the price of potatoes in ID??
    Of all the things that should be returned to the states, I can think of nothing better than wild life management.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    If Ne York voters want to outlaw Wolf hunting,(or better said Wolf reintroduction) fine, but what on earth does this have to do with the price of potatoes in ID??

I always said if they want wolves so badly, let them reintroduce them in Central Park. Grizzlies, too. Afterall, wolves once roamed NY not so long ago.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,006 Senior Member
    I always said if they want wolves so badly, let them reintroduce them in Central Park. Grizzlies, too. Afterall, wolves once roamed NY not so long ago.

Live trap a few, load up the pet carrier, I will pay for the gas.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    When Idaho's first wolf season opened, the JumboTron in Times Square played ads that showed wolf pups with the caption "Right now, they are being killed!" I am still wondering why NYCers concern themselves with what goes on out here. I wonder how irritated they are knowing we can trap & shoot up to ten wolves per person year round...

By and large, they don't.

The liberal progressive hippies force feed people in traditionally blue states with this ridiculous drivel to persuade a vote for federal law banning "something".

But who wouldn't vote for a law keeping cute puppies from being murdered? Well, what ignorant rat racer in NYC wouldn't?

CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Live trap a few PACKS, load up the pet carrier, I will pay for the gas.

FIFY

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    The wolves in Noo Yawk have learned to walk upright, wear baggy pants, and have do-rags and dreadlocks! They're less civilized and more dangerous that the 4-legged kind!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,177 Senior Member
    THIS pisses me off....we can no longer hunt Prairie Chickens in Kansas because the "lesser" sub-species is endangered and it's hard to tell the difference between the two on the wing. They have also shut down some oil drilling operations because of some perceived negative impact on the birds. Yet there are plenty of birds to be selling them off to Illinois......Grrrrrrrr...:bang::bang::bang:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I got news for y'all. Most folks in New York couldn't give a crap about wolf or any other type of puppy, not even IN New York. You release some in Central park, they will be on the grill of some homeless dude by nightfall. Just like pigeons and rats.

I don't know about that...a timber wolf ain't no pigeon or rat. Bonus: The wolves will eliminate the stray dog and homeless dude population in no time.

Ayn Rand