Trey Gowdy is the man.

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,096 Senior Member
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,347 Senior Member
    His (and our) problem is that you'll never hear about it in the Lamestream media. With the average person having the attention span measured in seconds/minutes rather than days/weeks, most folks just don't seem to care enough anymore.

    Personally, I think the VA scandal will prove to have more 'legs' than these other scandals that Obama is presiding over. Time will tell.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Yes, the problem is by the time the drive by media gets through throwing dirt on Gowdy the low information crowd will have him tarred and feathered in effigy. That sucks too because the guy is a no nonsense, to the point, straight laced legislator. We need about 100 more like him in each law making body and we would be on the road to recovery as a nation.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,096 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    His (and our) problem is that you'll never hear about it in the Lamestream media. With the average person having the attention span measured in seconds/minutes rather than days/weeks, most folks just don't seem to care enough anymore.

    Personally, I think the VA scandal will prove to have more 'legs' than these other scandals that Obama is presiding over. Time will tell.

    It's my personal opinion that mainstream media outlets need to be abolished in their current form and "separation of...." should apply to media and government. I'll explain:

    1. The "press" is reference to the written, typed or mass-printed word and is not televised or Internet televised media. It would include online blogs and online newspapers also.

    2. No media source will provide ANY monetary support (> $.01) to any political party and keep any bipartisanship rights. If they do, they are limited to broadcasts only during election periods to begin 30 days prior to primary elections and extend until midnight on the day of the presidential election.

    3. No partisan media outlet will be permitted televised word pertaining to anything political during election off season and must use only "written or typed" words to assert political journalism. However, they may broadcast unedited State of the Union addresses at those times and other largely important broadcasts at the times they are aired.

    4. Partisan media outlets may advertise (by television or online broadcast) where their printed word can be found, but will not use the broadcast to verbally assert information from the partisan printed word.

    5. All printed word publications will be available at the SAME place and at the SAME price with all new editions released on the SAME DAY; this applies to online publication as well which could be released on a public domain whose ONLY function will be to release the publications in unison.

    6. Individuals (read: The People) may distribute partisan publications in segregation of other political publications if they personally so choose to do so, but will not use defamed or altered publications from opposing publications to promote sales of their chosen publication.

    7. Small, independent "LLC" printing businesses will not be subject to the above rules.

    This especially after CNN and MSNBC openly stated that their broadcasts would bolster Obama votes by at least 20 points. That is partisan media broadcasting using its massive clout to get a man elected. And that is crap...Democrat or Republican.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    It's my personal opinion that mainstream media outlets need to be abolished in their current form and "separation of...." should apply to media and government. I'll explain:

    1. The "press" is reference to the written, typed or mass-printed word and is not televised or Internet televised media. It would include online blogs and online newspapers also.

    2. No media source will provide ANY monetary support (> $.01) to any political party and keep any bipartisanship rights. If they do, they are limited to broadcasts only during election periods to begin 30 days prior to primary elections and extend until midnight on the day of the presidential election.

    3. No partisan media outlet will be permitted televised word pertaining to anything political during election off season and must use only "written or typed" words to assert political journalism. However, they may broadcast unedited State of the Union addresses at those times and other largely important broadcasts at the times they are aired.

    4. Partisan media outlets may advertise (by television or online broadcast) where their printed word can be found, but will not use the broadcast to verbally assert information from the partisan printed word.

    5. All printed word publications will be available at the SAME place and at the SAME price with all new editions released on the SAME DAY; this applies to online publication as well which could be released on a public domain whose ONLY function will be to release the publications in unison.

    6. Individuals (read: The People) may distribute partisan publications in segregation of other political publications if they personally so choose to do so, but will not use defamed or altered publications from opposing publications to promote sales of their chosen publication.

    7. Small, independent "LLC" printing businesses will not be subject to the above rules.

    This especially after CNN and MSNBC openly stated that their broadcasts would bolster Obama votes by at least 20 points. That is partisan media broadcasting using its massive clout to get a man elected. And that is crap...Democrat or Republican.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

    This sounds great Jason, except it can't be. This would be construed as regulating free speech, a direct violation of First Amendment rights. That ain't gonna fly. Ain't no where in the Constitution does it say thou shalt not have a media that is partisan .

    What we really need is to get the libs out of the education business to where a kid can get a real education instead of a real indoctrination. Then it won't matter what the Liberal media says because people would not be pre indoctrinated to accept what they say as gospel and swallow this hog wash hook, line, and sinker.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,096 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    This sounds great Jason, except it can't be. This would be construed as regulating free speech, a direct violation of First Amendment rights. That ain't gonna fly. Ain't no where in the Constitution does it say thou shalt not have a media that is partisan .

    What we really need is to get the libs out of the education business to where a kid can get a real education instead of a real indoctrination. Then it won't matter what the Liberal media says because people would not be pre indoctrinated to accept what they say as gospel and swallow this hog wash hook, line, and sinker.

    Oh I know the opposition it would face.

    In my eyes, politically partisan mass media is to an election as yelling fire in the stadiums of a competing theater business to your own.

    Yelling fire unjustly isn't protected speech no matter what your motive is.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Oh I know the opposition it would face.

    In my eyes, politically partisan mass media is to an election as yelling fire in the stadiums of a competing theater business to your own.

    Yelling fire unjustly isn't protected speech no matter what your motive is.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

    Exactly. I like your train of thought. Don't let me pee on your parade. We all need to keep thinking until we come up with some good solid ways to fight the left and turn all this madness around.

    I still think that we won't get this turned around until enough responsible people with a brain can turn this issue with education around. Some of the blame fool crap that we hear and see come out of our schools is enough to make a preacher cuss. Schools have turned into a bunch of feely goody humanistic, idealistic, propaganda centers. When I went to school you damn near feared your teacher. And that was a good thing because it taught respect. And the curriculum was no nonsense knowledge. We learned history as it happened and not revised to fit anyone's agenda or their little fairy tale world. History wasn't always a feel good story. Sometimes people died and sometimes things weren't fair. But guess what? It was the true to life account or as close as we knew of what happened and not some version revised so that certain groups of people wouldn't suffer from loss of self esteem. You get real self esteem in life when you make personal accomplishments. Not because somebody decided to change history so it wouldn't offend you.

    Nowadays the powers that be think that we might warp the kids little minds telling them some of the horrors of the past. But that's the way it happened. And that's the way it should be told so that kids will learn where they came from and how they got here. They need to hear the non adjusted version of what happened so they don't repeat the mistakes of the past. Also, when we heard the real version of the past we learned how to deal with the future.

    As for Math, English, Geography, and other subjects the best we can do is hold students feet to the fire so they can learn these subjects instead of worrying about their little egos and self esteem should they not make the grade by passing them anyway. All this crap is insanity and the reason certain inept clowns get elected to political office.

    This social damage has been going on for years too. This really began back in the 80s. And now it's getting worse. An education is when you learn the facts of life. An indoctrination is when you are brainwashed to fit into a perceived utopian plan for society. And if kids would learn the unrevised version of history they would see that this social engineering has been tried before with negative results. Anyway, that's how I see it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,096 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Exactly. I like your train of thought. Don't let me pee on your parade. We all need to keep thinking until we come up with some good solid ways to fight the left and turn all this madness around.

    I still think that we won't get this turned around until enough responsible people with a brain can turn this issue with education around. Some of the blame fool crap that we hear and see come out of our schools is enough to make a preacher cuss. Schools have turned into a bunch of feely goody humanistic, idealistic, propaganda centers. When I went to school you damn near feared your teacher. And that was a good thing because it taught respect. And the curriculum was no nonsense knowledge. We learned history as it happened and not revised to fit anyone's agenda or their little fairy tale world. History wasn't always a feel good story. Sometimes people died and sometimes things weren't fair. But guess what? It was the true to life account or as close as we knew of what happened and not some version revised so that certain groups of people wouldn't suffer from loss of self esteem. You get real self esteem in life when you make personal accomplishments. Not because somebody decided to change history so it wouldn't offend you.

    Nowadays the powers that be think that we might warp the kids little minds telling them some of the horrors of the past. But that's the way it happened. And that's the way it should be told so that kids will learn where they came from and how they got here. They need to hear the non adjusted version of what happened so they don't repeat the mistakes of the past. Also, when we heard the real version of the past we learned how to deal with the future.

    As for Math, English, Geography, and other subjects the best we can do is hold students feet to the fire so they can learn these subjects instead of worrying about their little egos and self esteem should they not make the grade by passing them anyway. All this crap is insanity and the reason certain inept clowns get elected to political office.

    This social damage has been going on for years too. This really began back in the 80s. And now it's getting worse. An education is when you learn the facts of life. An indoctrination is when you are brainwashed to fit into a perceived utopian plan for society. And if kids would learn the unrevised version of history they would see that this social engineering has been tried before with negative results. Anyway, that's how I see it.

    I'd love to sit down and have a few cold beers with you, sir.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    I'd love to sit down and have a few cold beers with you, sir.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

    I would love to meet you as well. It would be my honor to buy you the beer, but I will take coffee thanks. After about 45-50 years of drinking I finally figured out that I personally can't handle alcohol, hehehe! I'm Mike and I'm an alcoholic.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,999 Senior Member
    Trey Goudy was a no-nonsense prosecuting attorney, he won't take crap from anybody. We need about 800 more of him in DC.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,096 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I would love to meet you as well. It would be my honor to buy you the beer, but I will take coffee thanks. After about 45-50 years of drinking I finally figured out that I personally can't handle alcohol, hehehe! I'm Mike and I'm an alcoholic.

    Coffee it is, sir. I enjoy a cup-a-joe myself.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Coffee it is, sir. I enjoy a cup-a-joe myself.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

    Thank you my friend. But if you desire beer, I will be honored to buy. I'm not an alcohol Nazi.
    I have no problem sitting with those who can handle it and drinking something other. But then if you do love coffee as much as I do, then we can drink it. I think you live in Florida somewhere, right? Maybe I'll make it over that way someday. I love Florida and the South in general and I'm always trying to find an excuse to get over that way. Or if you're ever in my neighborhood you are more than welcome to stop by. We may even go out to my range and pop a cap or two or maybe even slip out to my lease and try to bag a porker.
    Take care Jason,
    Mike
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Trey Goudy was a no-nonsense prosecuting attorney, he won't take crap from anybody. We need about 800 more of him in DC.

    Amen to that Big Al!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    Is he the guy that told Holder to bite it?
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    The problem Trey Gowdy has is that there is nobody left who wants this resolved except the people who have been calling for it all along. The 'undecided people' either don't give a damn, or have other agendas to push, and will not attach the significance to this that it deserves.

    If he can just move things along to the point where a special prosecutor is appointed and people are prosecuted for lying to Congress, or any of the other offenses that have been committed in the cover-up, then he will have done better than anyone else in the last thirty years. This would be true of Benghazi, the IRS corruption, Fast and Furious, the VA atrocities, or any one of a dozen other obvious corrupt operations our government has perpetrated against the American people.

    For all of that to happen, the Republican Party would have to be dedicated to saving the country, instead of just winning elections...and there is little sign of that, at this point.
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    It's my personal opinion that mainstream media outlets need to be abolished in their current form and "separation of...." should apply to media and government. I'll explain:

    1. The "press" is reference to the written, typed or mass-printed word and is not televised or Internet televised media. It would include online blogs and online newspapers also.

    2. No media source will provide ANY monetary support (> $.01) to any political party and keep any bipartisanship rights. If they do, they are limited to broadcasts only during election periods to begin 30 days prior to primary elections and extend until midnight on the day of the presidential election.

    3. No partisan media outlet will be permitted televised word pertaining to anything political during election off season and must use only "written or typed" words to assert political journalism. However, they may broadcast unedited State of the Union addresses at those times and other largely important broadcasts at the times they are aired.

    4. Partisan media outlets may advertise (by television or online broadcast) where their printed word can be found, but will not use the broadcast to verbally assert information from the partisan printed word.

    5. All printed word publications will be available at the SAME place and at the SAME price with all new editions released on the SAME DAY; this applies to online publication as well which could be released on a public domain whose ONLY function will be to release the publications in unison.

    6. Individuals (read: The People) may distribute partisan publications in segregation of other political publications if they personally so choose to do so, but will not use defamed or altered publications from opposing publications to promote sales of their chosen publication.

    7. Small, independent "LLC" printing businesses will not be subject to the above rules.

    This especially after CNN and MSNBC openly stated that their broadcasts would bolster Obama votes by at least 20 points. That is partisan media broadcasting using its massive clout to get a man elected. And that is crap...Democrat or Republican.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

    WHOA THERE HORSEY!! WHOAH'h 'h' 'h' 'h' 'h' 'h'!!

    As much as I despise the media for all their propaganda, bias etc. you are treading on very dangerous ground with the above. Any "conservative" regulation would be the absolute same level. I can choose on my own what and what not to watch.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,096 Senior Member
    WHOA THERE HORSEY!! WHOAH'h 'h' 'h' 'h' 'h' 'h'!!

    As much as I despise the media for all their propaganda, bias etc. you are treading on very dangerous ground with the above. Any "conservative" regulation would be the absolute same level. I can choose on my own what and what not to watch.

    My opinion had nothing to do with what you can and can't watch. It's about stopping partisan mass media from rigging elections.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    My opinion had nothing to do with what you can and can't watch. It's about stopping partisan mass media from rigging elections.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

    ...and just how do you intend to accomplish that without violating the First?
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,727 Senior Member
    Trey is a good man to head the investigation. He knows the ins and outs of the legal system, and as a former prosecutor I have no doubt he will turn up the heat to get to the truth. I wish him well in his quest for the truth. I sort of feel that he is attacking a huge manure pile with a teaspoon, though.

    As to the media in all its forms, it is all propaganda in one form or another when politics is the subject. It's all in how the individual filters what they hear or read. My filter is 1 micron while at least 50 percent of the voting electorate has their filter set at a level a galactic battle cruiser could fly through with ease. Or, in other words, it's all mind over matter; they don't mind so it doesn't matter.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Trey is a good man to head the investigation. He knows the ins and outs of the legal system, and as a former prosecutor I have no doubt he will turn up the heat to get to the truth. I wish him well in his quest for the truth. I sort of feel that he is attacking a huge manure pile with a teaspoon, though.

    As to the media in all its forms, it is all propaganda in one form or another when politics is the subject. It's all in how the individual filters what they hear or read. My filter is 1 micron while at least 50 percent of the voting electorate has their filter set at a level a galactic battle cruiser could fly through with ease. Or, in other words, it's all mind over matter; they don't mind so it doesn't matter.
    There's a lot of truth to what you say, but at least Gowdy wheels a mighty big Tea Spoon and very efficiently. So we shall see.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,727 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    What we will see is, a handful of men with balls stand up to this, while the remaining republican **** do nothing. Which will result in NOTHING happening. Just like always. Keep an eye out for the douchbags that do nothing, and vote their dumbass out!
    Or, go ahead and pull the straight "R" lever again. That'll show those democrats! (This post not pitted at you Mike, but straight lever pullers )

    I voted against all incumbents in the primary election for the county offices. They get too comfortable after a couple of terms in office. I plan the same for the House and Senate elections on state and national primary in August. And if the 2016 primary is full of rhinos and no viable 3rd party candidate is running I'll just stay home and load magazines. I'm past tired of thick vs. thin turd sammiches.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.


  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    What we will see is, a handful of men with balls stand up to this, while the remaining republican **** do nothing. Which will result in NOTHING happening. Just like always. Keep an eye out for the douchbags that do nothing, and vote their dumbass out!
    Or, go ahead and pull the straight "R" lever again. That'll show those democrats! (This post not pitted at you Mike, but straight lever pullers )

    Guess what CPJ, I tend to agree with you. However, i think Gowdy has the balls to make this stick and at least embarrass Odummer. Gowdy sure ain't no rino. We need to elect more like him. But the Primary is as far as I go. After that is when I vote for lesser of evils. Because if a Rino gets elected at least the Republican platform will hold their feet to the fire. And it won't be as bad as a Dummycrap getting elected. We cannot afford another Obammy getting in the White House. No way no how. However, I can talk big because I'm in Texas where Ted Cruz and John Cornyn are in office. Neither one of them can even spell Rino. And they're both solid 2nd Amendment guys. And my representative, Blake Farenthold, while not a Ron Paul (Who he replaced) is still a pretty solid representative. However, I have to agree with Tenn Mike that I think we need to have a turn over every few terms. These lifetime politicians get old after awhile and ineffective.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Guess what CPJ, I tend to agree with you. However, i think Gowdy has the balls to make this stick and at least embarrass Odummer. Gowdy sure ain't no rino. We need to elect more like him. But the Primary is as far as I go. After that is when I vote for lesser of evils. Because if a Rino gets elected at least the Republican platform will hold their feet to the fire. And it won't be as bad as a Dummycrap getting elected. We cannot afford another Obammy getting in the White House. No way no how. However, I can talk big because I'm in Texas where Ted Cruz and John Cornyn are in office. Neither one of them can even spell Rino. And they're both solid 2nd Amendment guys. And my representative, Blake Farenthold, while not a Ron Paul (Who he replaced) is still a pretty solid representative. However, I have to agree with Tenn Mike that I think we need to have a turn over every few terms. These lifetime politicians get old after awhile and ineffective.

    Cornyn is a RINO when he thinks no one is looking. He sits on the fence and jumps whichever way he needs to, to stay in office. You didn't see him anywhere when Cruz put his balls on the chopping block with the filibuster, or when Ron Paul did his. He votes the way I want, more often than not, but he always lets others stick their necks out and then waits for the polls to decide his own position.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Exactly. I like your train of thought. Don't let me pee on your parade. We all need to keep thinking until we come up with some good solid ways to fight the left and turn all this madness around.

    I still think that we won't get this turned around until enough responsible people with a brain can turn this issue with education around. Some of the blame fool crap that we hear and see come out of our schools is enough to make a preacher cuss. Schools have turned into a bunch of feely goody humanistic, idealistic, propaganda centers. When I went to school you damn near feared your teacher. And that was a good thing because it taught respect. And the curriculum was no nonsense knowledge. We learned history as it happened and not revised to fit anyone's agenda or their little fairy tale world. History wasn't always a feel good story. Sometimes people died and sometimes things weren't fair. But guess what? It was the true to life account or as close as we knew of what happened and not some version revised so that certain groups of people wouldn't suffer from loss of self esteem. You get real self esteem in life when you make personal accomplishments. Not because somebody decided to change history so it wouldn't offend you.

    Nowadays the powers that be think that we might warp the kids little minds telling them some of the horrors of the past. But that's the way it happened. And that's the way it should be told so that kids will learn where they came from and how they got here. They need to hear the non adjusted version of what happened so they don't repeat the mistakes of the past. Also, when we heard the real version of the past we learned how to deal with the future.

    As for Math, English, Geography, and other subjects the best we can do is hold students feet to the fire so they can learn these subjects instead of worrying about their little egos and self esteem should they not make the grade by passing them anyway. All this crap is insanity and the reason certain inept clowns get elected to political office.

    This social damage has been going on for years too. This really began back in the 80s. And now it's getting worse. An education is when you learn the facts of life. An indoctrination is when you are brainwashed to fit into a perceived utopian plan for society. And if kids would learn the unrevised version of history they would see that this social engineering has been tried before with negative results. Anyway, that's how I see it.

    AGREED Snake!!!

    Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    Trey Gowdy is a poser engaging in political theater. He has proposed legislation that says the President has to obey the law, or some such drivel, while also saying that impeachment is a punishment.

    Lets look at why Benghazi Really Really Really happened.

    Why? Obama, without authorization from Congress used some military assets to remove Quadaffi.

    Boehner told Obama to not act without Congress and Obama ignored Boehner, and so far has gotten away with it.

    It is the duty of anyone and everyone in the House of Representatives to impeach for such an offense. Boehner, Trey Gowdy, et al are all remiss and not holding up their constitutional end of the bargain.

    Impeach or shut up. I'm sick of the theater. (it is probably good for fundraising)
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,096 Senior Member
    So exposing liars, even without impeachment, is fruitless?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    So exposing liars, even without impeachment, is fruitless?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tagalong

    What is the purpose of these hearings? To ensure that Hillary can't run for POTUS in 2016? (she probably won't, but not because of that)

    To ensure that Obama can't run for any office again?

    If an impeachment doesn't come out of this, it is fruitless.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,254 Senior Member
    IF the real Republicans can take control of the Senate in November, maybe an impeachment will happen, or at least the threat of one will make the crooks fall into line. Right now, it would be just as much of a waste of time as it was to impeach Slick Willy!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.