Let the waiting begin...Verified, Signed, and Sealed.

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,508 Senior Member
So... I took my photo, reviewed and updated my records, and verifed their accuracy to seal my Board File.

If the Army is dumb enough to mess up and promote me again, I will be on my way to El Paso this time next year for the SGM/CSM Academy.

results for this board will be released around the last week of July.

In my MOS there are only 87 folks. Last year their were 36 eligible for the board and 5 were selected. I knew 3 of the 5. Those guys are studs. All of the CSMs that had review my records say that I should stand out as a qualified section...

We will see.
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    Good luck Shane :beer:
    Never had the pleasure of meeting you face to face (YET) but from what I know of you, you strike me as a squared away individual and I have no doubt you'll continue to serve our country well with another promotion :usa:
    (Yes, I'm a civi and know you don't salute non-coms, but that's the best emoticon I can find of the ones available :beer: )
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,346 Senior Member
    Best of luck, centermass! Promotion boards are funny things: you try to go in with no expectations, but can never help thinking, "what if?" I hope your "what if" comes back fulfilled.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    :usa:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,611 Senior Member
    Good luck to you, hope you get this to work.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,278 Senior Member
    Best of luck
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Good luck, will say a prayer for you!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Bon Chance!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    Prayers out from the Great White North....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,592 Senior Member
    Best of luck to you! :iwo:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I hope you make it and get a low sequence number!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    Fingers crossed for a great outcome Shane.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Hope you get selected! :up:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,728 Senior Member
    Good luck!

It would be just in time for El Paso to start getting warm.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,927 Senior Member
    Hope you get the promotion!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    Good Luck!Hope everything turns out for you! :beer:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Good Luck!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    Thanks y'all. Six- gun you're right. I've learned you can never expect anything from a board... Especially army boards. Sometimes you can be the top 5% and if you don't have that one thing they are looking for....
    I figure I'll do the same I've done my whole career. Train my soldiers to shoot, move, and communicate the best I can, teach them to do the same for their soldiers, and the rest will fall into place. Maybe not this year, but it will.
    I'm just excited with the thought of getting back closer to the line. As a SGM/CSM, sure I will be in the upper echelon but it is a far better sight than the assignments I am facing now.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,457 Senior Member
    Good luck Shane!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Good luck man. Keep us posted
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs