Teach hurt in motorcycle wreck this AM

Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior MemberPosts: 659 Senior Member
Just got a call, Jerry's back tire blew out while on his way to an assignment in Chattanooga this early AM. He thinks he has a broken left ankle, he is on his way to the hospital via ambulance as I type this. He says no serious injuries, he is coherent, lots of road rash, and he believes his left ankle may be broken.

Will let you know as I find out more, got to go, please keep him in your prayers.

Replies

• conchokidconchokid Administrator Posts: 507 Senior Member
    So sorry to hear about Jerry's accident. Please give him my personal best wishes, and also pass along my congratulations and appreciation for hosting another great SE Shoot.
    Be sure and keep us posted on his condition.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,702 Senior Member
    Prayers on their way Mary. Keep us updated when you can.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    Praying for both of y'all.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,982 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Prayers on their way Mary. Keep us updated when you can.

Mrs Mary will you please tell Teach to quit hurting himself, he ain't no spring chicken anymore and it takes longer to heal up as you get older.

I hope he is OK and back to the things he loves doing soon! :angel2::angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,008 Senior Member
    Prayers sent!! Good lord, I hope he's OK. Keep us posted, he's a tough old fart!!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,982 Senior Member
    Tell him to park the bike and I'll gladly buy him an Evel Knievel video to watch when he is feeling his oats again. :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,260 Senior Member
    I so sorry to hear this. Miss Mary, would you like me to come up and get you and take you to Chattanooga? Or go get Jerry when he is ready? Anything you need, just let me know.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,739 Senior Member
    Hope it's just a bad sprain. You've got to keep him away from moving objects, that have wheels. Keeping you, both, in our prayers. :angel2:
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,774 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear this. Hope Jerry's ankle isn't broken. And I'm close to Chattanooga (45 miles) so if y'all need ANYTHING at all let me know. I can be there fast. If you need the motorcycle hauled back to your house, let me know. I have a trailer that can handle that task, and be glad to take it back to the farm for you.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,726 Senior Member
    Just Prayed for minimal uncomplicated injuries and a good ER staff:angel:. Hope that shoulder is no worse for wear also.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,664 Senior Member
    Prayers sent!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Tell Teach to be thankful he's not a horse!

And give him our best, and wish him a good recovery.

I finally had to quit motorcycles, too many broken bones -- from what I can remember, ankle, tibia, ribs several times, clavicle, wrist, etc. -- not all at the same time, of course. But handwriting was on the wall and I eventually sold the Kawi Ninja 750 to some Korean kid who likely wrapped himself around a tree within weeks after.

Wish Teach a full and quick recovery! (And don't let him get too comfy trying to boss you around while he's temporarily laid up) ha ha

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    Prayers sent!! Please let us know if we can help in any way!
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,835 Senior Member
    Prayers out from the road....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Prayers sent!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,784 Senior Member
    I'll be praying for y'all.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    I pray he's back up and at it soon.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Prayers from us.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    :angel2: Prayers sent for a speedy recovery for Teach!
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,095 Senior Member
    Wow! What timing on this too!

I loved riding motos back in the day - but got tired of being the invisible man. Keep us posted and best wishes!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,668 Senior Member
    Mary, if there's anything you need from me, I'm a phone call+2.5 hours away
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,202 Senior Member
    I'm always nervous when I hear "Motorcycle Wreck" so I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Speedy recovery Teach!
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    :angel:
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Mike WeberMike Weber Member Posts: 91 Member
    Any new word? How's Jerry doing?
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,226 Senior Member
    Prayers sent.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Oh no! Glad he's mostly okay. Prayers from here.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    Prayers sent!
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. Let us see... you have had your butt kicked by a tractor, Ford Explorer, that one contraption, and now a motorcycle. The machines are out to get you!

Take care and get well soon.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,102 Senior Member
    I'm seeing this way after the fact, but updates? Hope everything is going ok!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Late to the party, but belated prayers and hopes for minimal injuries and speedy recovery.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!