Teach hurt in motorcycle wreck this AM

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    Best wishes that injuries are minor and recovery is swift:angel2:

Sako
  • pardogpardog Member Posts: 423 Member
    :angel:
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    :angel2: Heal fast and completely.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,611 Senior Member
    It is better to be lucky than good, I'm afraid he is using up his 9 lives pretty fast...:angel2:
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 710 Senior Member
    Prayers sent
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,235 Senior Member
    Quick recovery. It could have been a lot worse, which is little compensation.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 389 Member
    Wish you a speedy recovery jerry and glad it wasn't more serious..your in our prayers.

Scott
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 665 Senior Member
    Jerry is on his way to Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville. His left ankle is very badly broken and requires surgery. He has 3 broken ribs and lots of road rash. Our daughter, Debby is on her way up there, I came home to get some things to take up there and handle some urgent matters here before I go. Doug our son, is already there waiting for him to arrive. may not know more than this today.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,803 Senior Member
    dang! ... more prayers Mary, for a speedy recovery.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    OH man...I Pray he gets through this fast and onto a speedy recovery.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    Continued prayers for an uneventful surgery & recovery :angel2:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Continued prayers for an uneventful surgery & recovery :angel2:

:that: :angel2:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Man, hate to hear the ankle is badly broken and requires surgery. Prayers for good doctors, good medicine, and quick healing up. :angel2:
    Miss Mary, you got people living close (East TN hills is close) in TN and AL. Y'all need help, then give a shout.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,854 Senior Member
    Dang Jerry! Keep away from those Machines!!! At least for awhile. You appear to be temperarily jinkst. Maybe our prayers will remove the spell. Anyway, it will take more than a little jinksing and a Motorcycle to keep a good man like that down.

:angel2::angel2::angel2:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    prayers.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    I've been worried sick ever since Mark recapped the forum for me this morning. So sorry to hear it's worse than he let on, and thinking ahead to dreadful man patient attempting to do too much in the weeks ahead.

There are going to be a lot of things you'll need help with over the next couple of months that won't occur to you until you're staring down at a pile of stuff you need moved or you're too tired to cook.

Call and let me know what we can do to help. We can do any big city shopping you might need here in Huntsville and deliver it to you. I can cook up meals you can freeze. We aren't as agile as we once were, but Big can be the eyes and I can tote things or do laundry or whatever.

The offer holds so long as you have a need and I've a feeling it's going to be a long summer.

Still praying hard.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    It's strange, Diver43's wife and I were talking this past weekend about how this is less of an internet forum and more of an extended family, and how we knew this place would pull together if "one of our own" were in need.

Had no idea something like this would happen just a few days later though :tissue:

While all y'all are up in Nashville, if you need anything done at the farm, PLEASE let me/us know. I'm certain if it's not something I know how to do, I can help get someone who does up there to take care of it
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Our prayers and good thoughts to all! Teach will need our moral support as he gets well, Miss Mary too.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    It's strange, Diver43's wife and I were talking this past weekend about how this is less of an internet forum and more of an extended family, and how we knew this place would pull together if "one of our own" were in need.

Wow, knite, you hit the nail right on. An extended family for sure! And all are worth it, even some of us laggards...

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Miss Mary wrote: »
    Jerry is on his way to Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville. His left ankle is very badly broken and requires surgery. He has 3 broken ribs and lots of road rash. Our daughter, Debby is on her way up there, I came home to get some things to take up there and handle some urgent matters here before I go. Doug our son, is already there waiting for him to arrive. may not know more than this today.

Thank you for the update, I knew when you said ankle it could be serious but I didn't want to speak it. Lots of help available, just say the word.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2: to both of you and for a speedy recovery!!!!!

And Knite hit the nail on the head with this being an extended family...........
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,280 Senior Member

Had no idea something like this would happen just a few days later though :tissue:

While all y'all are up in Nashville, if you need anything done at the farm, PLEASE let me/us know. I'm certain if it's not something I know how to do, I can help get someone who does up there to take care of it

Dude, you just holler if you go up and I'm there with you. Grass will probably need cut next week, I could come up and do that for you Miss Mary. Mrs. Chief, you want me to transport some stuff up there you let me know.

Get Well Jerry
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear it. I hope and pray for a full and rapid recovery.
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    As several here have already mentioned, this place is like a family. If you need anything at all, count us I'm the group than can make the trip to help out around the farm.
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    :angel:
    Knee-mail sent!
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,521 Senior Member
    Jerry and Miss Mary, so sorry to hear that. Jen and I are praying for a speedy and full recovery.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,375 Senior Member
    Well heck! He's not having much luck on road trips lately. He needs to stay home on the farm, doing honey-dos! Tell him to heal up quick.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Wow, just now seeing this.

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,599 Senior Member
    Total prayers! He isn't gonna be havin' much fun for awhile.

I almost feel like I've met him in person, even though I'm actually 2,500 miles away!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."